MoP 5.4 Enhance Guide: Kill Garrosh For Me

100 Troll Shaman
03/16/2013 01:56 PMPosted by Purge
EDIT: Purge, I see you're using the VP trinket. Is it actually that good? I haven't simmed it, but I assumed that due to a) the long ICD and b) we're not just using CDs at the start of the fight meant it wasn't as good as say Bad Juju or Talisman of Bloodlust.

It replaced terror in the mists, which has the same ICD but a crit proc instead of an agi proc. Yes, it has secondary passive vs. primary passive, but the proc is worth more average stats than the passive is. I don't have juju or renataki yet.

And yes, the T15H SimC profile is now troll.

Ah, okay. Didn't see Ashunera's thread about Enhancement trinkets until after I asked so I was just wondering.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I ran the sim numerous times using 10,000 iterations, 450 sec length, and lightmovement while scaling all my relevant stats. When I run it with EOTE/UF using my mostly t14 level gear it sims out to be worse dps than PE/EM no matter what.

My steps would be to slap the spec on, import to the sim, get the results, input the stat weights into askmrrobot. I would get the optimization, export the optimized simcraft file over and then sim again. It always spits out these horrendous stat weights.

These are my EOTE/UF stat weights:

Str Agi AP Exp Hit Crit Haste Mastery Wdps WOHdps
Scale Factors 1.72 4.11 1.65 3.57 3.63 1.59 1.48 1.64 3.43 2.97

The resulting dps from simulation after optimization with these stat weights is 97292.

These are my PE/EM stat weights:
Str Agi AP Exp Hit Crit Haste Mastery Wdps WOHdps
Scale Factors 1.68 4.14 1.59 3.13 3.17 1.64 1.51 1.60 3.58 3.04

The resulting dps from simulation after optimization with these stat weights is 99211.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Edited by Greatemperor on 3/18/2013 9:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Any help would be much appreciated.

Help with what, exactly?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Do you think these look like reasonable results.They seem to oppose much of the logic going around currently. PE/EM is supposed to be superior after haste becomes the prime stat but is simming to be the highest for me now in my t14 level gear. Also crit seems to be valued more than haste for me and thats kind of contradictory to current theorycraft.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Not really suspicious, you don't have the t14 4p to push up UF and the current theorycraft regarding stat weights and talent selections in general are "it changes a ton until you get BiS"
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
thanks, so ill pretty much follow sims' results now that you've shown that I can trust it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
The one thing that bugs me though is everytime I sim with scaling, it gives me a new set of scale values. I apply them and optimize again, the dps might go up by a miniscule amount or decrease by a miniscule amount. When is it a good idea to stop repeatedly simming and stick with the given stat weights.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Read what I posted about reforge plots. It's more helpful if you don't have to worry about crit being good, though, because you don't want to sim 3 different stats at the same time.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Hey Chill have you had a chance to go through/update that Talent list you had going on Page16?
I was checking some of your logs out and some fights like Iron Qon I noticed you use AS/UF instead of PE ect. Was curious about a few of these choices and how much they differ from what you had originally thought.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
On my most recent Iron Qon kill, I actually used PE/EM.

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6959

That's the best place to look for the talents. I haven't updated my original post, but I used much of the feedback Ryethe gave.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Hmm, that interesting looking at that log from 3/07 then, where you did 122k with Lightning shield being your top dmg. Wouldn't that set up give better results?

It's just I'm not very happy with some of the numbers I've been pulling and I'm not sure what my issues are, granted I got 6 parses, whether it be the strats were using or my talent set ups on some of the fights.

Here's from last night 1-10 bosses - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yo66z9ga21f7bl18/
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Wouldn't that set up give better results?

Of the two attempts so far it did, but I don't want to jump to conclusions on which is better just yet.

I only took a quick glance at your logs, but your lightning bolt damage is lower than it should be. Seems your issue is less in talent choice and more in properly executing the priority.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Yea I noticed that as well and will try to correct. Like just now did 114k on Twins with 9.8% LB dmg, so that's definitely an improvement.

I was trying to play around with a few different specs on Lei Shen and ended up f'ing it up on our first kill... I used EM/PE on first few wipes then EoE/UF on the kill and I sucked it up with my aoe ect, ended with 106k. Any clear cut answer on that fight yet? EM/PE felt pretty nice when I was using it, but those weren't full fights.

Also I'd love if you added a list to your main post/or an update to your list for a general fight to fight spec preferences. I still feel like I messed up a few of them this week, and trying out Glyphed FET on a few fights based on the length but I still am not confident on when you use it to its full advantage. Like I said, Glyph on Twins or Lei Shen or Megara seem like it might be possible.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I just generally really hate lei shen.

For me atm, our kills are usually around 10 minutes, which is pretty awful for fire elemental unglyphed. I haven't tried glyphing it yet, though. Can't really AoE at all on that fight, it's probably the worst fight this tier for enhancement.

fights based on the length but I still am not confident on when you use it to its full advantag

A general rule is if you can use the FE twice as often if you glyph it, then it's better. (In my gear it's better regardless, because lol RPPM heroic trinket and EM) You'll generally see this on fights that last from 3:24-5:12, 9:12-10:24, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I can't remember what I was using throughout our pulls last week, it was either AS/UF or EoE/UF with Glyphed FET and was ending wipes at like 115-120k which wasn't so bad considering our !@#$ aoe. I suppose I'll just try EM/PE as per Ryethe, might try to glyph it?

And I guess like you said look at fight lengths and determine weather it will be 2 without the glyph or 4 with the glyph.

I just hate doubting my self with talents on fights on fights and I end up doing much lower than what I could have. I look at logs like yourself, Purge, Defines and others and wonder why. I know you guys are some of the top enhance out there and you are definitely a little further ahead in gear, so I'm not going to totally be on par. Guess I'll keep trying things out.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
The one thing that bugs me though is everytime I sim with scaling, it gives me a new set of scale values. I apply them and optimize again, the dps might go up by a miniscule amount or decrease by a miniscule amount. When is it a good idea to stop repeatedly simming and stick with the given stat weights.
Everytime you get a new piece, you're going to have to Sim your toon out because I've noticed that the stat weights change for me everytime as well. I'm probably just gonna stick to haste > mastery > crit now that my item level is 510+. The large amount of secondary stats will support the current defaut Mr Robot setup. And you'll most certainly wanna stay haste > mastery once you get your hands on a RPPM trinket.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
For people who are using Glyped FET, can you tell me what bosses you're personally using them on please? I'm getting decent WoL ranks, but I know I could be doing at least 8-15k more DPS on some of the patchwerky fights (Jinrok, Council, Durumu, Ji-kun, Primordius). I just feel weak compared to everyone else in my raid group doing way more damage than me at this point.

Edit: Looked at my guild's kill times. I'll be able to glyph Fire Elemental Totem on Horridon and Tortos at a double the frequency than unglyphed.

Is anybody Glyphing FET for Dark Animus?
Edited by Alaskã on 3/21/2013 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
. I'm probably just gonna stick to haste > mastery > crit now that my item level is 510+.

It changes a good deal, even at that level.

Is anybody Glyphing FET for Dark Animus?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-s6l98m8txycibe3q/analyze/dd/source/?s=1904&e=2178
My uptime on the boss is roughly 2:30, so not worth it for me.

03/21/2013 10:11 AMPosted by Alaskã
The large amount of secondary stats will support the current defaut Mr Robot setup.

Mr. Robot can be dreadfully wrong, telling people to use green gems and such. I'd rather someone just follow a flat priority like Haste>Mastery>Crit than use Mr Robot, if they really don't want to just use reforge plots.

03/21/2013 10:35 AMPosted by Alaskã
I'm getting decent WoL ranks, but I know I could be doing at least 8-15k more DPS on some of the patchwerky fights

When it comes to a difference in DPS that high, it's more likely to be an issue with execution of priority or misusing cooldowns than using the FET glyph.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Can someone tell me how to go about running the reforge plot

I'm trying to run a crit/haste/mastery reforge plot with a reforge amount of 3000 using steps of 50. Its been running for about 24 hours+ now. I'm not sure if that's normal or not. (I am using the simcraft GUI)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Oops, thought I put something in about not plotting 3 stats at the same time because it takes forever. So yeah, try to only do haste/mastery.

Also, each graph can only have so many plots, so the best option would be to do a reforge amount of 3000 and a step amount of 200.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]