MoP 5.4 Enhance Guide: Kill Garrosh For Me

90 Dwarf Shaman
Check out my current expertise. According to my reforgelite and everything I can think of, that's as low as I can get my expertise in this gear. Is this the best I can do right now?

That looks pretty much like the best you can do with your expertise if you've reforged out of it on ever piece that has it. Most melee have really high hit and exp this tier and there is nothing we can do about it. Not necessarily a terrible thing btw. It has a lot to do with the Renataki's trinket.

What are good ways to know that you should use the glyph of fire ele totem or not? And suppose you don't have a ton of mechanics or crazy things happening at the moment, how do you fit your fire ele's immolate and/or anything else into your priority? Where does it fall?

Fight length. Given that my guild is on a few heroics right now, we really out gear the normal modes that we do now, making fights much shorter than what they were when we started. Maybe Chill can clarify to best gear lvl to use FET Glyph full time (as I started using it all the time around trhe 520-522 ilvl mark) but general rule is use the Glyph if you can cast it twice as much as without. IE: fights that take 6-8 minutes, your only going to be able to cast FET 3 times: ( at 0:00, 3:00, 6:00 = 90 seconds) and without the Glyph 2 times: (0:00, 5:00 = 120 seconds) meaning not using the Glyph would be more beneficial. Fights longer than 9 minutes, than the Glyph would be better.

Now given the gear lvl and my fight times, its pretty much straight up best for me to use the Glyph all the time, on every fight, even on heroics. (except for Dark Animus, I don't use the Glyph because honestly you're only going to use it in the final boss burn phase)

As for the Elemental itself, you should have its Immolation and Fire Nova toggled to auto cast... And if you're using the Earth Ele as well (which you should when using PE) you should toggle the Taunt off. This means on your Fire Ele, the Fire Blast will also be toggled off. Instead of clicking/bind the spell manually, a lot of us have found using macros for a few of your main spells to cast the Fire Blast is the best bet.
Edited by Rovayne on 4/25/2013 11:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Hey Chill; would you recommend I go Pure Haste Gems for Yellow? I have the Renataki's Soul Charm but also using the Valor Trink from SPA.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Isn't the valor trinket PPM?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
no it has an icd

so no dont go full haste
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
i just got back to the game last week and was wondering how significant having good weapons was for dps? I've been getting a few good upgrades through heroics for my gear but still have a cruddy offhand and my dps is pretty crappy still. on a regular single target im only hitting like 32k dps and am getting obliterated by other people and would like to keep up.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
A lot of your gear, besides your offhand, is pretty low on ilvl, that's probably where the problem lies. It may not be the ONLY reason, i.e. you may need more practice with the priority, but that's probably where a big part your DPS is.
Edited by Chillbros on 4/27/2013 8:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
A lot of your gear, besides your offhand, is pretty low on ilvl, that's probably where the problem lies. It may not be the ONLY reason, i.e. you may need more practice with the priority, but that's probably where a big part your DPS is.

yea i figured as such, got a sweet helm and got a little big for my britches expecting big dps numbers. i guess it's silly for me to compare myself to people in fully gemmed and enchanted raid finder gear when im still rocking greens and still got some enchanting to do. thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
Hey I'm not quite sure if I should be gemming for haste or not, I tried it earlier and had a huge dps loss. But currently on boss fights I have a huge burst going up to 300k and then it drops down to about 90-100.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
sim it to be sure

but you probably should not go full haste
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Hrmm so i tried gemming haste and was simming -2k ish dps
Seemed like a pretty decent dps loss too ingame

When does it become a dps gain?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Felocity/advanced

On that note even with everything pointing to haste im still simming
mastery 1.87 or so
and haste and 1.80 qq
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
On that note even with everything pointing to haste im still simming
mastery 1.87 or so
and haste and 1.80 qq

All sims do is add 1000 of each stat, sim the DPS difference, and divide that by 1000. IF you're doing reforge plots you get a much better idea of how much of haste/mastery is a good balance.

Try doing reforge plots of haste vs agility, in your gear I would expect haste to outdo agility.

Also try using the glyph of fire elemental and see if that's a gain yet
Reply Quote
96 Orc Shaman
i was wondering if the LFR Rune of Re-Origination is good for enhance or just stick with LFR version Bottles of Infinite Stars? I feel like im losing dps by this trinket.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'd stick with infinite stars for sake of simplicity
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Try doing reforge plots of haste vs agility, in your gear I would expect haste to outdo agility.

http://oi39.tinypic.com/20f72hv.jpg

Why am i doing it wrong qq
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I have no idea

what version of simcraft are you using? how many iterations? and can you try it with the FE glyph?
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
04/30/2013 05:09 PMPosted by Chillbros
what version of simcraft are you using?

510-8 lolol that might have something to do with it.
im so bad

Looks like +2k haste -2k agi = about +3k dps does that sound right?

and can you try it with the FE glyph?

Non glyph fire ele still 1-2k higher then glyphed

Also tried it today on horridon and only did 17m this week compaired to 25m non glyphed last week
Edited by Ferocityy on 5/1/2013 9:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
05/01/2013 02:19 AMPosted by Ferocityy
Looks like +2k haste -2k agi = about +3k dps does that sound right?

No. There should be a 2:1 ratio for haste/agi reforge plots (i.e. +4k haste / -2k agi or +2k haste / -1k agi)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
How much ilvl do you need to start gemming for haste?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
it's less about ilvl and more about having the meta gem and two RPPM trinkets
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
If haste is so good for our pets and trinkets/legendary gem will it be better to use at start Kafa Press (4k haste)? Agility is better overall, but may be KP is good as pre-potion?

P.S.
couldn't use simcraft for kafa press
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]