MoP 5.4 Enhance Guide: Kill Garrosh For Me

(Sticky)

90 Pandaren Shaman
I dunno, probably not. Can ask Purge to sim it I suppose.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I am making a plea to Chill or anyone else with knowledge.

I have used these guides on our beloved forum for years, they have allowed me to rank on everything last xpac..the xpac before that...and before that...so thank you fellow Enhance Shamans.

To the point; I have been trying to learn SimC over the past few weeks and I think I have the very basics of it figured out. I found all of my stat weights and took those to Mr. Robot and ran them thru. The Robot says I should hit all pure haste gems with a few green 160haste/160hit (i am way stupid over hit cap as is) and a deft 80haste/80 agi mixed in. This doesn't seem too right to me as I'm no where near heroic BIS.

Would anyone be willing to or kind enough to Sim me and double check what the robot is telling me. It may just be user error on my part....Also is there a better site then mr. Robot that the community is using to find upgrades?

Lastly and this is just to vent...While I used to live the 4 nights a week heroic bosses while current and mount before tier over lifestyle, I just don't enjoy that anymore (maybe I'm getting old)....I may get flamed and I understand the logic of why a normal mode BIS isn't ever written. With that said I think someone should take it on, I would KILL for one to make life easier. It seems to me that the vast majority of players pretty much clear normal, and only a few clear heroic. It amazes me that no-one thinks to create a helpful list to a LARGE portion of the shaman community. I know I would be happy with a Normal Mode A-BIS list (Almost-BiS). Imagine all the questions that would just disappear if the more casual players had a gear goal rather than perpetually asking the planet "what's better today", kinda like what I am doing.

Thanks for reading all! I very very rarely post and I cannot stress how much I read what you all have taken the time to write and contribute to our awesome enhance community over the years....thanks.

Edit: What's the deal with Armory OH's being upside down, backwards, and inside out....?
Edited by Traelin on 5/8/2013 8:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
"The Robot says I should hit all pure haste gems with a few green 160haste/160hit (i am way stupid over hit cap as is) and a deft 80haste/80 agi mixed in."

As I understand current situation enh shamans prefer haste over agility in gems ONLY with 3 rppm items (legendary gem + 2 trinkets). If you do not have 3 rppm items you continue to use agility, agility/hit, agility/haste or agility/mastery depends on you gear or talents.

I just loaded your character into Mr.Robot. With default profile (w/o numbers from Simcraft) Mr.Robot do not recommend you to use pure haste or haste/hit gems. Only agi, agi/hit or agi/haste gems.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
05/09/2013 05:42 AMPosted by Kiamato
As I understand current situation enh shamans prefer haste over agility in gems ONLY with 3 rppm items (legendary gem + 2 trinkets). If you do not have 3 rppm items you continue to use agility, agility/hit, agility/haste or agility/mastery depends on you gear or talents.

Thanks for the response, I understand that portion which is why I am curious as to why its pointing to mostly all haste gems.

I just loaded your character into Mr.Robot. With default profile (w/o numbers from Simcraft) Mr.Robot do not recommend you to use pure haste or haste/hit gems. Only agi, agi/hit or agi/haste gems.

I get the same response when I do not load my own stat weights. It's when I enter in my stat weights and select the robots optimization that I get all haste gems (with a lightning and deft thrown into the mix)

Here is what I am loading from my SimC to Mr. Robot.
10,000 iterations

Wep speed/DPS
405.45/4.15

OH speed/DPS
451.84/2.96

Mastery

Haste

Crit

Hit

Exp

AP

Agi

Str

DPS(e): 135,654

With those stats robot is telling me
My Mods: 185,673
Optimized: 186,584

Is there a diff site besides Maxdps or Mr.robot where I can find gear ups to my current gear, or a normal mode "BiS" until we progress to heroics (if we decide to go that far)?
Edited by Traelin on 5/9/2013 1:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Close to pushing heroics, so I'm beginning to think about close to BiS gear.

If it were totally up to us to choose, what should be our off-set piece? I'm thinking a thunderforged heroic Horridon chest or Lei Shen legs. Obviously, heroic Horridon will be progressed through first and will be easier to obtain. 3 red sockets on the legs seems quite sexy.
Edited by Serges on 5/9/2013 5:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
what should be our off-set piece? I'm thinking a thunderforged heroic Horridon chest or Lei Shen legs. Obviously, heroic Horridon will be progressed through first and will be easier to obtain. 3 red sockets on the legs seems quite sexy.

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6941&highlight=Enhance

Gaze of garajal this says.
I think i saw purge say cause of the socket bonus being crit and not agi on teir and the excess hit or something.

though that was a couple months ago
Edited by Ferocityy on 5/9/2013 6:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Traelin

You can use not only Scaling tool to find better ratio between stats, but Reforge plot too.
I set up Reforge plot for 2000, step 200, agility/haste. This is a result for your current gear:
http://i41.tinypic.com/8wdpc0.jpg

As you see theoretically +1.8k haste and -800 agility will increase you dps ~200. It's nothing. And the biggest problem for your gear (this is a main problem for a lot of players now) that you are over hit/expertise cap. Even if haste is theoretically slightly better for YOUR gear it's hard to find REAL ratio for stats when 2xhaste>agility.

You current gear, simcraft dps: 135624.
More haste /less agility in gems ONLY (+1814 haste and -880 agility), simcraft dps 127760.

Forget about pure haste, hit/haste gems at this moment.

P.S.
I am not an expert for Simcraft. Hope there is no big mistake here.

P.P.S.

With those stats robot is telling me
My Mods: 185,673
Optimized: 186,584

Mr.Robor's score is calculated by multiplying the stat weight for each stat in ideal situation. It's not even close to real dps. Forget about this numbers.
Edited by Kiamato on 5/9/2013 7:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Kia, thanks for taking the time to go thru my sims and help me break it down. Looks like we both came to the same conclusion. I got my hands on Bad JuJu tonight so that should help me ditch some hit/exp, praise the lord, and with 2 RPPM trinks my latest sim jumped about 4k.

Thanks again!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
mr. robot is generally bad, and reforge plots shows why; all stat weights tell you is what each stat gives you in DPS if you increase it by 1000, it doesn't tell you how they change after that, whereas reforge plots does

05/09/2013 06:12 PMPosted by Ferocityy
what should be our off-set piece? I'm thinking a thunderforged heroic Horridon chest or Lei Shen legs. Obviously, heroic Horridon will be progressed through first and will be easier to obtain. 3 red sockets on the legs seems quite sexy.

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6941&highlight=Enhance

Gaze of garajal this says.
I think i saw purge say cause of the socket bonus being crit and not agi on teir and the excess hit or something.

though that was a couple months ago

still correct, helm off garajal is the BiS, rest is tier
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Kia, thanks for taking the time to go thru my sims and help me break it down. Looks like we both came to the same conclusion. I got my hands on Bad JuJu tonight so that should help me ditch some hit/exp, praise the lord, and with 2 RPPM trinks my latest sim jumped about 4k.

Thanks again!

You are welcome and yes, I need 3rd rppm item.
I like Mr.Robot, but you need to know how to use this tool or you can make a big mistake.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
As Chill and most others like him (some of the top enhancement in the world) say, Mr Robot and Wowreforge type sites are pretty much a waste of time and very misleading. Having SimC and plot to figure out a lot of the stuff pretty easily is the way to go. I realized this after some time using Mr Robot and getting very frustrated by it as well always getting different results every single time I used it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Updated for the changes in 5.3, should probably add yellow gems and more information about when going full haste is a good idea because people are still asking about it and can't/wont read through the previous pages to see if I address it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I miss mastery build being the top dps output for enhance. It felt more tangible. :( Just me crying, no worries.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Hey chill. I was curious as to your thoughts on heroic rentataki's vs heroic talisman of bloodlust. I have yet to get rentataki's as my guild has not had them drop much, but i can say the normal thunderforged talisman has left me underwhelmed. I noticed you and purge both use rentataki's while having killed prim.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
talisman is !@#$, dont think any spec uses it afaik
Edited by Chillbros on 5/22/2013 7:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
thats what i was thinking honestly, but like i said we havent had enough drop
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
SO simcrafted today to see how much the patch ACTUALLY affected my damage output, and according to the results it shot up about 35-40k. Is anybody else seeing similar results or is simcraft broken?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
+18k vs old SimCraft. Need to check in a raid.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
talisman is !@#$, dont think any spec uses it afaik

Thunderforged Talisman vs Vicious... Thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Thunderforged Talisman and normal Renataki is all I've been able to get so far and with VP being used for UGs, doubtful I would spend vp on Vicious unless it was drastically better than Talisman. If anyone has both and can sim, I'd be interested in your results.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]