Parallel Worlds ~ [OpenRP]

90 Human Rogue
8570
(( Please feel free to join in. The purpose of this thread is for fun and to introduce some people to RP. I hit up the General Forums...a lot...and decided to hold an OPEN RP on our server so people can try it out.

((Purpose: Rifts have opened in Azeroth allowing the connection between mirrored worlds of other 'Azeroths' to be connected. The state of one Azeroth differs from the next. The story takes place on the coast of Arathi Highlands where Ginzo, a now traveling mercenary/merchant, comes across various people who suddenly find themselves in his world. They seek to find their way back home and traverse dangers along the way to do so.))

The seasoned vagabond was resting peacefully with his trusty mecha-bot Deuce at his side going over his funds. He was doing ok for himself, but he often day dreamed about the old days when he stood before some of Azeroth's most horrific threats along side companions who have long since then faded into the history pages.

"How much gold do I got left?" Ginzo asked the bot. The mecha-bot began to calculate his query and responded with an answer. "Forescythe has cut off all funds to the Guild's bank. You have a balance of ZERO at the moment." Ginzo sighed...he figured his old friend would tire of him dipping into the bank to fund his shenanigans. "You rack up a two thousand gold bill in booze and women and the man goes all 'conservative' on ya." It couldn't be helped. He had to find work and any would do at this point.

He eyed Deuce for a moment, wondering exactly how much he'd fetch trading him off. The mecha-bot was oblivious to his masters contemplation, but nonetheless continued in his calculations. "You currently have some trade goods left over from a run into Stromgarde. Perhaps the refuge could use some of those supplies and you can make some coin there?" The rugged veteran sighed and scratched his scruffy chin and nodded in agreement. "I guess that is a better choice." He said. Deuce wasn't sure what he meant by that, but upon reaching its maximum solar energy output, it began to shutdown and revert into it's travel size that looked like a small disk. Ginzo leaned over to pick the disk up and placed it into his belt satchel.

'Off we go...' he said to himself. To where exactly, even he may not be prepared for.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
8570
The trek from the old hovel on the coast brought back memories to the old veteran. He remembered his first few missions as a young assassin for SI:7 took place in Arathi years ago. When the war fully escalated between the Horde and Alliance, Arathi Basin had become a devastating battleground for which both entities ruthlessly fought over in an attempt to push the other out.

It was at the Go'Shek farm where he met his first love and a ragtag group of mercenaries who accepted him into their ranks. He pulled a small memento out of his hip satchel that brought back fond and terrible memories of those days. For one who fled from the past, he was surely one who also dwelled upon it.

"I guess I'll make a run here while I'm in the area. Them orcs make some pretty good melons..." Ginzo said to himself as he surveyed the farmland. The area was rather run down and the structures were as weathered as the farmhand peons who worked there, but their crops flourished. It was a significant resource to the local Horde garrison and an enticing draw to Alliance loyal soldiers who wanted a quick run on some orcs and resupply after doing so.

Ginzo had been quite the opposite since his youth. In those days, he would have rushed in slitting throats and spilling blood all over his bounty. Now, he was a bit more reserved. He just wanted a quick bite to eat and get out of there before anything could escalate. It was then he noticed that the Forsaken alchemists caught his attention as they were working on something in a nearby house. A light was emanating from the structure, a glow that, in all of his years, Ginzo had never seen before.

Crouching low and slinking his way closer, the rogue stealtfully moved in to see what they were doing. But as he drew closer, a huge explosion sent him flying backwards as the house shattered into splinters leaving a strange orb of purplish light in its wake.

Throwing debris off of him and quickly rebounding to assess what was going on, Ginzo grabbed an optical lense from his satchel and placed it over his good eye to gauge a reading on the energy source. To his concern, the information on the screen kept distorting and only showing 'error' as it's analysis.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11815
Alertly looking off in to the distance after hearing a loud noise, and feeling the rumbling of the earth beneath him, Bretherezen stands up and ponders what could possibly be going on in that direction. He looks down to his left and notices his companion, Spirit, is somewhat agitated. "What is it, girl? Do you sense trouble as well?" Spirit raises herself up off the ground and stands at her friends side giving him 'that look.'

"I suppose it would be in our best interest to at least go find out what is happening." He says while turning his attention back in to the distance, now noticing a purple color rising towards the sky. "Let's go, Spirit. We shall investigate."

Before he takes his first step he feels Spirit tugging on his kilt. He looks down at Spirit and watches as she goes over to the tree behind them and sits down next to his Crossbow and food supplies. "Oh, right! I need to stop forgetting these things." Walking up to the tree he scratches Spirit's ears before retrieving his things. He throws his arm through the Crossbow's sling and rests it upon his back as he grabs his pack of supplies and holds it next to him. "Let us proceed now, Spirit. But let us tread lightly with our approach... I can smell something unnatural in the air." Spirit yawns and Bretherezen throws his things over his shoulder as the two set out in the direction of the explosion.

((Is this any good?))
Edited by Bretherezen on 11/20/2012 12:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
8570
After removing the optical lense, Ginzo rose to his feet as he slid the lense back into his hip satchel. The purplish orb began to distort and flux, the atmosphere around it swelling with a kind of pressure that seemed to make the nimble rogues feet turn to lead. He slammed his mace down into the earth and jabbed the pointed end into the ground as the pressure began to convert into a suction.

Ginzo tossed the disc out from his hip satchel as it began to convert into his mechano-bot. The bot began to form, but as he expected, the robot was pulled into the purple light. "Well damn..." Ginzo muttered with discontent in his voice. He searched around the area as the ground beneath him began to give way to the tremendous pulling force. Whatever the orb was, it was doing its best to pull in the surroundings, ground and orcs and all.

He took a deep breath and looked at the trail of orc bodies flowing through the air as they were being pulled into the orb. "I suppose there's no use in worrying in causing any kind of hostilities right now." He took another deep breath as he finished analyzing his course of action. The rogue ripped the mace from the earth and attached it to his belt and initiated into a full sprint toward an orc who was flying through the air. He jumped at it, kicking off the body as his eye honed in on the next one flying toward him. Grabbing it in mid air, he hurled himself past the flying body and promptly shadowstepped toward an Orc who was holding on to dear life on a wooden gate.

Even as he put distance between himself and the orb, the suction at this range was still enough to pull at him. Kicking off the helpless peon, he drew his weapons and leapt toward the next, his body suddenly vanshing from one orc and plunging his weapons into it and pushing off to suddenly appear toward the next. After the seventh orc, he could feel the pressure at this distance wasn't as bad and was able to run the rest of the distance on foot.

He had to inform the soldiers at Refuge Pointe about this occurence...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11815
Bretherezen begins to feel the breeze around him picking up with each passing minute. He stops and looks around himself, taking in to account his current whereabouts, and gazes at a tree for a few moments watching as the tree beings to lean ever more closely towards the location of the explosion with each passing minute. He looks down at Spirit and pets her, attempting to calm her down. "There there, girl. Everything will be alright. We'll keep a nice distance from that explosion. I am highly curious as to what transpired, but..." Suddenly he feels the wind around him pick up exponentially, almost throwing him foward.

He grunts and regains his previous posture, standing firm and erect. "... But this wind is starting to get worse and worse. Just what the heck could they be doing over there?" He looks up in to the immediate distance. Spirit meows in an attempt to get his attention again and paws at his armor before looking in the direction they are traveling. Bretherezen picks up on her intent as he leads the two on over the few hills yet in their path.

He stops one last time to notice a Human running hysterically in the direction of a marked Alliance settlement nearby. He wonders to himself why a Human would be fleeing the opposite direction of where he is traveling before his train of thought is interrupted by a sharp pain in his leg - Spirit is biting him. "Ow ow ow ow! Okay, okay!" He kneels down and bandages the deep bite before setting off for the last hill barring his sight of the village in which the explosion came from.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11815
Bretherezen and Spirit trek over the final small hill and set eyes upon the devastation befalling the small Horde-affiliated 'town.' He kneels down beside the tree next to him and watches as numerous bodies are thrown about, as people are attempting to grab anything around them to save themselves, and as others are being swallowed in to a torrent and vanish from sight.

"Spirit, this is not good at all..." He says with a grim look on his face. He looks beside him for his companion but finds she is not there. "Spirit!!" he yells out and hears a roar some ways off in to the distance from where he came. He looks back at the Farm and the chaos ensuing there, but decides to go back for his companion.

He treks back a small ways and finds Spirit hiding out behind a few rocks. "Come now, Spirit. I have seen all I need to see. We must go, now, and report this immediately. We cannot allow this to go on much longer!" Having said that Spirit reassures herself that she will go nowhere near the village, as it terrifies her half to death. The two then set out for Hammerfall, doing their best to avoid the village as they take to the path heading to the North.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
8570
Ginzo checked his communicator he engineered himself but found it had been busted during his escape from the vortex. He came to a stop on the north end of the Go'Shek farm and kneeled down as he began to work on it. Alerting SI:7 was important...if anyone, they would know what the Horde could have been working on out here. Out the corner of his eye, he could see a figure dashing toward the Horde outpost. However, when he turned around to see who it was, there was no one there. Not wanting to be ambushed by Horde, he put the communicator away and melded into the shadow.

His eye searched the landscape checking to see who it may have been. 'Another rogue...?' he thought to himself. 'No...was too big...'. His answer came in the form of a Tauren who was traveling with a beast at his side. But the answer led to a more perplexing set of questions as the Tauren suddenly 'distorted' out of sight. "What the...where did he go?" He said as he stood from his hidden position. He knew how Hunter's fought, and he didn't seem to be concerned with him to camouflage...so where did he go?

Another 'blip' of the Tauren flashed much further away from where he originally saw the strider and once again, he 'vanished'. Deciding to hold off in alerting SI:7, his old subterfuge instincts began to kick in and began to head toward Hammerfall to investigate what was going on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11815
Spirit and Bretherezen made their way towards Hammerfall to report what is happening back at the Farm. He began to wonder to himself just how he should report it. Surely others would believe him when he said he was there to report the explosion, but he was more worried on the other details. The torrent of energy, the strong winds, the people vanishing out of nowhere, and reappearing somewhere else. He also picked up the very faint scent of blood, but much later than Spirit.

He knew one thing though: He was not going to attempt to approach that place for the mere sake of curiosity again. For him one time was enough, and even less than one time for his companion. "I think I should just try to tell them the truth, you know. What can they possibly do besides laugh at me in a situation like this, anyway?" He says nonchalantly as he and Spirit continue on to the North.

He was still able to feel the wind slightly tugging at him as they approached half the distance between the farm and Hammerfall when Spirit stops and begins to growl. Following her lead, he stops as well and looks down at her. "You too, girl?" The two of them turn around simultaneously and look down the road towards the south. "With the wind in such a turbulent frenzy, I was almost hesitant to believe somebody would be foolish enough to follow me. But come out now! I can smell the traces of blood..." He says in an attempt to flush out his tail - Spirit beginning to growl lowly while lowering herself to the ground, almost as if she was ready to pounce at any given moment.

"Easy, girl... This is no time for any of that business." Looking down to where Spirit is and noticing she is gone, he spins himself around chaotically in an attempt to find out where she could have possibly gone. "Spirit?! Where are you?!" He can hear the low growling of his companion nearby, but is unable to tell just where off of the sound alone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
8570
The nimble rogue strode silently up to the front gate of the encampment. His ability to blend into the shadow was perfected over the years and he was able to sneak past the guards to search around the outpost. For Hammerfall, everything seemed business as usual. Injured grunts who were always fighting with the regiment stationed at Refuge Pointe, vigilant guard of their access way into the basin. It didn't seem as if they knew anything was going on at all.

He looked down toward the ground and noticed something unusual. Despite his ability to still feel the tug at the Go'Shek farm, the tall grass wasn't moving at all. Upon further inspection of his surroundings, he suddenly realized some of the soldiers here were none he's never encountered before. It would be easy to say he just has never crossed them, but the Hunter he could see easily now was certainly no one he's ever seen.

The rogue crept around the village and came across a couple of Forsaken who were discussing something.

"The apothecary in Go'Shek may have made an error in his calculations...we should leave." The undead rogue said. The other, who looked to be some kind of spell caster, shook his head and replied. "No, we must cover up the debacle. Gilneas was a blemish that could have been disasterous for the Dark Lady...if 'they' catch wind of this, they may blame her for it." Ginzo waited for the two to finish their conversation and sat quietly, unseen, in the rafters above. The undead rogue finished his report and promptly made his exit from the battered house. Despite it being in the Horde's control for so long, not much had changed. Not even the gaping hole in the roof.

Ginzo decided to make his move and silently dropped down to the ground behind the caster. Not wanting to draw attention, he turned the blade of his dagger downward and slammed the pummel of it into the back of the casters skull rendering him disoriented. He quick searched the Forsakens pockets and turned up a message the rogue had given to the caster. "Bingo." Ginzo said to himself.

"Bingo is right." The Undead rogue said from the shadows behind Ginzo. Caught off guard, the foe made his presence made and quickly went on the offensive. Ginzo was able to avoid a near strike and deflected the poisoned dagger. "Nimble for an old man." The decrepit husk cackled as he continued his assault. Ginzo back pedaled and grinned as he looked at the enemies feet. The undead rogue looked down to see a strange device at his feet. "Oh no..." He said as the beeping came to an end as the rogue quickly made his exit from the house.

The room exploded enveloping everything within it as Ginzo fled. He soon found himself surrounded by a group of the towns guards poised to strike.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11815
Bretherezen finds Spirit half-distorted after a few minutes time and approaches her - but she stays a distance away for fear her affliction, whatever it may be, would harm her ally. She stays low and even attempts to bite Bretherezen's hand when he reaches out to her. Taking the hint that she will prefer to keep her distance right now, Bretherezen motions her to follow him at her leisure.

Hearing the sound of yet another explosion, still the wind being distorted a slight bit, he thinks to immediately look back at the farm but stops himself as he looks at Spirit, who is instead looking towards Hammerfall. Looking to the North he notices wood flying and smoke rising. "Let us hurry, Spirit!" He takes off in a full sprint towards Hammerfall with his ally following a distance behind him.

As they approach the gate of Hammerfall he looks up towards the building that was destroyed and notices the Guards have all gathered about with weapons drawn. He sniffs the air for a moment and picks up only one thing distinctive among the Undead and Orc smells: A Human. Why, he thinks to himself, would a Human be in Hammerfall? He turns halfway around and looks southward towards the farm and back towards the mosh pit of Guards.

"Things are getting interesting." He says with a slightly different demeanor. He whistles for Spirit to catch up to him, whom he already knows is no longer distorted. He figures the proximity towards the farm must have had something to do with it as he senses nothing wrong with Hammerfall, and picks up no trace of change in the winds.

With Spirit at his side he makes his way to the Guards and their prey.
Edited by Bretherezen on 11/20/2012 2:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11815
He approaches the Guards and stands in the back. To his surprise this Human before him matches the very same appearance as the one he saw running away from the farm. Even more to his surprise his scent is the only Human scent he can pick up in Hammerfall. Looking past the Human and the Guards surround him to the destroyed building behind them, he wonders for a moment what events could have transpired here.

Backing away from the crowd he regroups himself with Spirit whispering in to her ear before finding somewhere near the edge of the fort to camouflage at.
Edited by Bretherezen on 11/20/2012 3:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
8570
The guards amassed around him, each bearing their crude looking weapons at him as they drew closer. Despite the situation, he couldn't help but smirk. How many times did he land himself in these kinds of situations before he wondered. He tucked the letter away into his satchel and looked toward a bird that had perched itself on a nearby roof top.

To their surprise, the rogue began to speak in Orcish, "Sorry, but I've other issues to attend to." He said as he suddenly disappeared from their sight only to reappear on the nearby rooftop next to the bird. The bird fluttered, startled by his sudden appearance and flew away. The archers below began firing at the rogue who suddenly disappeared in a haze of smoke that hindered their ability to hit him.

Ginzo sprinted as fast as he could across the plains toward Refuge Pointe. He needed to look over the letter see what it contained. After he felt he had put enough distance between him in and the pursuing guards, he sat down next to a tree and unfurled the letter. The Forsakens decrepit tongue was much harder to translate, but he did the best he could.

...acquisition of Gnomish technology ...placed in Arathi... Spacial... weaponize... Stormwind.

What he could derive from the letter certainly wasn't anything good. As an engineer, he knew how volatile Gnomish technology could be, and if what erupted at Go'Shek was in fact that kind of tech, he would need to seek out a Gnomish inventor who could possibly analyze the disturbance much better than he can.

He rolled the letter up and tucked it into his satchel and contemplated what to do next.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11815
(( I think I am done here for now myself. ))
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
8570
(( Lol. It's good to wait for others to join in. So we can wait til others come along. ))
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11815
(( See ya later Forescythe. I'm going to go to sleep here shortly. ))
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]