Is Warlock Chaos bolt ignoring resilence??

90 Pandaren Mage
Im getting hit with these things for 160 to 180 k, this is crazy for a spell that needs no setup no cooldown and is a guarantee crit...If your going to nerf mages that need to make a 2 to 3 step setup ,cast our cooldowns to get half that damage then this also deserves a nerf..A BIG one
Reply Quote
Im getting hit with these things for 160 to 180 k, this is crazy for a spell that needs no setup no cooldown and is a guarantee crit...If your going to nerf mages that need to make a 2 to 3 step setup ,cast our cooldowns to get half that damage then this also deserves a nerf..A BIG one

Why do people keep insisting that it needs no set up?

It requires a Burning Ember, which takes a decent amount of time to build up, and is also the resource used for Destruction's main heal. It's also a long enough cast to be interrupted fairly easily.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I can hit around 600k in PvE if stuff goes my way, somewhere around 360k with minimal effort.

You tell me if you think it's affected by resilience.

I actually got one at 1.04m last night in LFR. Felt good man.
Edited by Serinicas on 11/22/2012 8:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
11/22/2012 08:12 AMPosted by Serinicas
I actually got one at 1.04m last night in LFR. Felt good man.

I want a Warlock. :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
If you don't interrupt a Chaos bolt then you deserve to be hit by it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
Im getting hit with these things for 160 to 180 k, this is crazy for a spell that needs no setup no cooldown and is a guarantee crit...

Hah... Hahaha... BWAHAHAHAHAA!

You must be new here and didn't look into mechanics.

PS: Mage is my main, but I can't not laugh at such a bold-faced lie.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/22/2012 09:17 AMPosted by Cathanne

Unless interupting it uses the burning ember, i fail to see how that does anything but delay the inevitable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/22/2012 06:43 AMPosted by Bugaloou
no setup no cooldown

Lost all credibility.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

I hate when people say this.

Yes, if you're doing 2's or 3's then you should be able to stop a CB rather easily, however in random BGs, RBGs, or even world PVP, CBs are much easier to get off.

Oh, and Bugaloou, you just need to stop posting threads dude. Every time you do you make us mages look bad, and people don't have the best opinions of us as it is : /
Edited by Malhavoc on 11/22/2012 4:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
Only 180k? I'm used to getting hit for 270k+ with Chaos Bolts in RBG's.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
OP knows nothing about the destruction spec, obviously.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
frost bomb can hit for that much, thats cool though right?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
11/22/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Arianity

Unless interupting it uses the burning ember, i fail to see how that does anything but delay the inevitable.

Yes but forcing an ember tap does. If you can't force a destro lock to ember tap you also deserve to get hit by a chaos bolt.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
CB doesn't ignore resil. It hits for 60K to 80K with no cd's vs a target wearing resil. With every cd hit you can go for 160K-200K but that is 1 bolt per 2 mins. You also need 20'ish sec of casting to get 1 ember, 3 sec to cast it, and NOT to be perma cc'd during the short window when all your cd's are up. Meanwhile also not pushing the lock hard enough they have to use the ember to stay alive instead.

Frostbomb hits that hard, icelance spam during a deep easily passes that mark, FDK spam hits that hard in that amt of time, warriors have many ways to pass that amount of burst, demo can burst that hard w' 2x CW, multi pyro/combust hits that hard, etc....

Honestly if you are dying to chaosbolt there are many far more dangerous things for you to face in pvp. If a destro lock is giving you problems you really will hate life vs the more successful/powerful pvp specs.

Don't belive us, pvp in your pve gear and see how hard you get hit. I'll be happy to go first.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
11/22/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Arianity

You fail to see that anything is lost when a spell with a long cast time, in which the meat of your damage is invested, is interrupted?

Time is a secondary resource that every class has, and forcing your opponent to waste theirs is a major aspect of virtually all skilled PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/22/2012 07:06 AMPosted by Flintte
It requires a Burning Ember, which takes a decent amount of time to build up
lol no it doesn't
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
11/23/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Ilyrria
It requires a Burning Ember, which takes a decent amount of time to build up
lol no it doesn't

Compared to what? A mage hitting instants that have no secondary resource? A warrior mashing CD's followed by your face? The DK who can max RP before we get our first ember?

Time is a relative thing to consider and the time it takes for destro to build an ember in pvp is still far longer than what other classes need to burst (and with an easier time using their burst than destro I might add). Please try to back up your logic a bit better next time.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

let get on that... oh wait SB is on a min CD unlike ever other interrupt ever class has. (Longest CD I have seen is the Mage Counter spell at 24 sec)

"But QQ its a blanket silence, you are bad." - blanket silence that you move 5 yards your our of it. With every class having a movement increase ability, takes even less. Also see number of classes still casting inside my beam. Paladins, Spriests, Mages, shamans. I dont know about locks but I know other classes have abilities to prevent loss of spell casting. or have spells that they can caste still while silenced.

"But Boomkins have a passive damage reduction ability." Yes boomkin form -15% damage yet I see mages/locks/Spriests have a !@#$ ton more HP then me. and they are wearing cloth, CLOTH! plus shields, multiple defensive CDs, self heals that are greater then my own.

Just because it IS interrupt able does not mean it should hit me for 100k+ Nothing I have even instant SS procs hit that hard.

Just saying
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
a long enough cast that can be interrupted fairly easily.
Edited by Ðahmer on 11/25/2012 9:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
11/24/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Werst
lol no it doesn't

Compared to what? A mage hitting instants that have no secondary resource? A warrior mashing CD's followed by your face? The DK who can max RP before we get our first ember?

Time is a relative thing to consider and the time it takes for destro to build an ember in pvp is still far longer than what other classes need to burst (and with an easier time using their burst than destro I might add). Please try to back up your logic a bit better next time.

doesn't excuse the mechanic of stupid damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]