Steady stream of bots in HoL - Unacceptable-

If you take a quick gander at the entrance to HoL on any realm you will see hundreds of bots, mostly 85 paladins, going into HoL. When I say hundreds I mean it. This has been going on for days now. How is it not been fixed nor the bots banned? They are botting 24/7 and its clear to everyone who happens to fly by there.

How come this is continuing? I know Blizzard bans in waves but this is outright ridiculous. There are hundreds of them. i've seen bots but nothing like this. They are all poping Divine Shield soon as they come out as to no be attacked and using the exact same pathing.

This needs to be addressed ASAP. I have reported as many as I can but they keep coming. It's a non stop stream of bots.

If immediate action has ever needed to be taken it is now.

Heres a video of said botters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z9qis1UvTk&feature=channel&list=UL

Quoted to bring more attention!
Random forum readers, here's what you can do to help:

Type up a quick, all purpose report message, ctrl-c it to your clipboard, go to the halls of lighting, select every player you see running in and out and right click their portrait. Select "report player"-->"cheating", and ctrl-v your message into the box.

If we could get a reasonable number of people to do this, it would make Blizz's job very easy. For reference, this is the message I've been using:

"Player was seen behaving suspiciously running into and out of the Halls of Lightning, using what was almost certainly a botting program."

(Insert generic "Together we can make a difference" message here.)

Request Sticky and Upvote this. Blizzard needs to be made aware.
Edited by Eckõ on 11/25/2012 1:29 AM PST
Updated with photos showing the sheer number of bots going into HoL.

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/5392/wowscrnshot112512011310.jpg
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8468/wowscrnshot112512011317.jpg

I mean come on Blizz you barely need to investigate. It's pretty visible whats happening.
Edited by Eckõ on 11/25/2012 1:03 AM PST
100 Tauren Warrior
what's the big deal with Halls of Lightning? And why do you care?
90 Human Warrior
11/24/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Hateaddict
I've seen a lot of people talking about this lately, what's so special in HoL for them to be farming so???

Book of Glyph Mastery seems to be the general consensus.
100 Pandaren Monk
If so, why farm HoL for the Glyph Mastery books over another dungeon? Or have them all spread out at different ones. I'm also wondering why HoL is apparently having this problem.
90 Undead Warlock
11/24/2012 09:38 PMPosted by Taelen
I've seen a lot of people talking about this lately, what's so special in HoL for them to be farming so???

Book of Glyph Mastery seems to be the general consensus.

...That's pretty silly considering that book is a world drop.
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
Interesting... I remember a recent complaint thread from someone who was quitting... saying they had 11 paladins (and they didn't want to do dailies for all of them). Evidently they had 11 paladins because of some kind of trick (which I read as "exploit") with them.

I wonder if it is related.
90 Pandaren Shaman
I think a lot of them are compromised accounts actually. I've had friends who have gotten hacked, then their accounts were used to bot in places like The Botanica and the Eye of Tempest Keep. I guess the hackers are making quick gold to sell off by vendoring all the stuff they loot question mark?
11/24/2012 09:38 PMPosted by Tankenstein
what's the big deal with Halls of Lightning? And why do you care?

Why do I care? There are hundreds of bots ruining the experience of other players including myself. At the same time destroying to market for items. It just shows a lack of care for the game these days when this has been going on for days and nothing is being done about it.
90 Troll Death Knight
Could be frostweave cloth, as nobody wants to actually farm it.
11/24/2012 09:47 PMPosted by Jubba

There are way better places to farm frostweave that can also be botted. I don't see this as the reason. It is a by product though as over 1000 stacks have been posted on my servers AH in the past few days.
100 Undead Warlock
11/24/2012 09:47 PMPosted by Jubba

That theory has validity. The thing that is upsetting posters is that these people are there any time of day or night that they happen to log in.
100 Undead Mage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFR9PckWfUY

That video might have something to do with it. Watch it and you'll see what I mean.
90 Troll Death Knight
11/24/2012 09:48 PMPosted by Eckõ

There are way better places to farm frostweave that can also be botted. I don't see this as the reason. It is a by product though as over 1000 stacks have been posted on my servers AH in the past few days.

I dunno. Most of those places aren't instanced. And with CRZ, you'd have all the bots competing with one another.
90 Gnome Mage
I'm sitting outside of it now, and it is amazing to see... So many people.
100 Draenei Death Knight
Well the books aren't that great of a idea to "farm" since you can do the research now to learn the glyph contained within. Sure it speeds up the process but there are better ways to make gold.
90 Troll Death Knight
Wow.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/608/wowscrnshot112412235316.jpg

Apparently people on my CRZ have caught on, and are endlessly ganking the endless stream of bots.
100 Human Priest
11/24/2012 09:53 PMPosted by Firaja
I'm sitting outside of it now, and it is amazing to see... So many people.
Same. I'm flying right outside the entrance. The stream of "players" seems continuous.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]