Need a little help.

Well i'm tired of the lag and fps drops while playing WoW, and I am thinking of getting a gaming PC for Christmas. I'm around the 4- $500 range and am looking for advice for an average PC. I don't wan't ultra settings or even high. I just wish to play on medium to fair settings but with high FPS. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Reply Quote
10 Draenei Warrior
Are you comfortable building your own, or would you prefer to buy it pre-built?
Reply Quote
I'd much rather pre-built.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If we assume you're playing at 1080p, and with no monitor or other accessories factored into the price, any prebuilt PC you buy for $500 will likely not give you a satisfactory experience in WoW. You'd either have to run it in a tiny window or suffer through low FPS.
Edited by Liposuction on 11/26/2012 4:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm not looking for ultra settings and such, even 30 FPS all around would be fine and on fair settings. Even $500 can't buy at least 30 FPS? Also, I have a monitor already so all the money would go strictly to the PC.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, they are serious. New pre-built that is $500 or less: it won't give you 30 FPS @ 1080p
Reply Quote
Hmm. I kind of want to try to build my own, but i fear i will mess something up. Is it hard to build one? Do all the parts come together when buying them or will I have to buy from different stores?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It's easy. But pictures speak thousand words; go Youtube and look for "how to build pc" or something like it. NewEgg has comprehensive video on Youtube about it.

You don't have to buy from different stores, but in order to save maximum $, you must.
Reply Quote
Thanks. Well I'll look into this, but one last question. Is there any brands or types of PCs that you know of that will get the job done and are a budget price?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
CyberPowerPC / iBuyPower works decently enough, but you need to spend more money, if you refuse to build your own and still want a new PC.
Reply Quote
Thank you for all the info! And I also wanted to know, if i built my own PC that could run WoW pretty good, would it be around 500 dollars, or would it be more?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Around or slightly above $500
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]