Beastmasters Hunt: The Crane

90 Draenei Mage
Anyone else get abyssmal drop rates on this? I've killed 40 cranes and got 1 feather so far.

Plus, they seem to evade if you take them even 10 yards from the walk path.
Edited by Liasis on 11/27/2012 1:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Was gonna make a post about this. Didn't keep track of how many I killed, but by the time I finished, I had 41 wild fowl meats in my inventory. Please tell me this is not working as intended, and if so, it's not a daily. Also, anyone know what you get if you defeat one of the animals?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
The Tiger one is fine, Yak meat drops from nearly every one you kill and they come in packs, I will try the other one and report.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Plus they don't seem to give you rep, so not sure why you would want to do them.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
11/27/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Silenic
and if so, it's not a daily

Quest log has it marked as a daily.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I just started it and am having the same issue. I have killed around 30 so far and only got 2 feathers.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
11/27/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Liasis
Plus they don't seem to give you rep, so not sure why you would want to do them.

After you kill the animal you capture, it pops ups a daily you turn in right there for 200+ rep and the usual daily rewards.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
The Crab one seems to be the easiest/shortest. Gather the Hozen, AoE them down, lots of slickies drop.
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 06:50 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
The Crab one seems to be the easiest/shortest. Gather the Hozen, AoE them down, lots of slickies drop.

Yeah the Hozen are the best at dropping their quest items. That crab is a long fight though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
unfortunately this quest chain is bugged on a lot of servers. after turning in the catch quest you can't summon any of the monsters to kill. Blizzard has yet to even acknowledge this bug exists and has such. done nothing. It's been like this for over a week on a lot of server.
Edited by Cervarius on 12/10/2012 7:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
It took me long enough to notice that the drop rate was low, but not long enough for me to think that it was excessively low.
Reply Quote
I'm in the middle of the Beastsmaster's Hunt; The Crane. I've killed a lot of Children of Chi Ji Cranes and the drop on The Golden Crowne Feather is very low, I may try to finish it but I will probably not do this one again, simply put it is too time consuming, there are more important factions to grind up with dailies, have a nice day and good hunting!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]