Viscidus still unsoloable for most classes

100 Undead Warlock
Frost Oil is limited to 165 and lower weapons. So late BC, early Wrath items but nothing recent.

Put it on your Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
Not soloable even with the frost weapons...

I got the Polearm from Storm Peaks that deals frost damage, he did freeze but he still doesn't die even after wailing on him while frozen.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
I could kill him before.

Want to kill him, get a frost damage chant on your weapon.
Frost Oil Enchant Weapon - Deathfrost

Not sure those work for a feral.
I'm not sure the oil can work in general, but you know that's just me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
While dual-wielding quick weapons, haste buffs and Xuen out all I could manage was "Viscidus begins to crack."

"Viscidus looks ready to shatter." & "Viscidus explodes." are both seemingly far far away... if only I could summon a horde of undead minions.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
So far you can pretty much only do certain boss if you are a certain class.

So if you are those kind of people who only play one class, and your class sucks or is next to impossible to solo a certain boss with. Your outta luck, have to bring someone with you all the time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
On the subject of soloing old raids, I find it odd that they nerfed Naj'entus in BT, but not Reliquary of Souls Stunlocking, so frustrating.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Add Maexxna to the list in Naxxramas.

Still does that web spray. Trapped for 1 minute, no way to break on your own. Pelted by adds and the boss and died.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
All of these bosses are very soloable for every class.

And Maexxna 10 man only webs you for 3 seconds.
Edited by Marza on 11/27/2012 4:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
All of these bosses are very soloable for every class.

And Maexxna 10 man only webs you for 3 seconds.

Well obviously not otherwise no one would be making threads pointing out the obvious fact that nothing changed for these bosses.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
~200 frost hits he will be frozen and you will clearly see a frost trap-like thing around him. When he is frozen, you need to hit him ~75 times with melee attacks in 15 seconds.

That was before the patch... whatever they did had to have made this ridiculously easier.

Not all specs can hit something 75 times in that amount of time (casters).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
~200 frost hits he will be frozen and you will clearly see a frost trap-like thing around him. When he is frozen, you need to hit him ~75 times with melee attacks in 15 seconds.

That was before the patch... whatever they did had to have made this ridiculously easier.

Not all specs can hit something 75 times in that amount of time (casters).

Yeah getting him frozen was the easy part. I wailed on him for 30 mins and he did not shatter. Called in a pally and a WW monk, and he still wouldn't shatter. Looks like he is still a full group.

TI eventually left the instance after being frustrated from this encounter
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
Bumping because this needs a damn hotfix.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
it's called mechanics OP, get over it :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
And the Emperors still auto heal through all damage and are pretty much unkiteable.

Pretty sure Blizzard didn't look this through enough.

Tell me you're joking about Twin Emps. Just DPS through that.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
And the Emperors still auto heal through all damage and are pretty much unkiteable.

Tell me you're joking about Twin Emps. Just DPS through that.

Apparently not doing enough to take them down. Lowest they got were like one of them to 2 million before he ticked back to full health.
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Hyenastep
Apparently not doing enough to take them down. Lowest they got were like one of them to 2 million before he ticked back to full health.

Just to clarify - Do you understand you only have to kill 1 of them?

1 Of them is immune to magic, the other is immune to melee. Attack the appropriate twin based upon your class, and throughout the fight they will switch places, which means you'll need to switch your target to ensure you're attacking the twin not immune to your attacks.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
The oil works grab 2 daggers under 165 ilvl it takes awhile but he will freeze then POP stampede he died almost as soon as I pressed the button
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
I keep hearing more strats and examples of people doing it.

I think people are prematurely claiming "CAN'T!" instead of "I DON'T KNOW HOW!"
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter

I was able to out DPS there healing (very slowly) back at lv 85.

Frost Oil is limited to 165 and lower weapons. So late BC, early Wrath items but nothing recent.

Equip the junk, smack him. Damage isn't important, it is frost hits. So find a fast one too.
When he freezes, smack him alot. Again, damage isn't important, it is melee hits.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]