Viscidus still unsoloable for most classes

11/30/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Snowfox
I think people are prematurely claiming "CAN'T!" instead of "I DON'T KNOW HOW!"

Yet I still can't do it on my Monk. You would think my melee speed would be fast enough to shatter him but it doesn't. You basically have to be a super fast melee attack like a Frost DK, Enhance Shaman or Rogue to really kill him. If you can't summon additional adds to help melee it's pretty hard.

I even respecced and grabbed Xuen and combined with him still couldn't get it.

11/30/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Ruxpin
Just to clarify - Do you understand you only have to kill 1 of them?

I solo'd them on my Ret Paladin because the damage output is way higher. There is a huge chance between the Emperors since before the Patch and now. Originally they would heal every 2 seconds during the fight which 85s could outdps. But since the patch they heal ever 0.5 seconds requiring a pure damage class to burn them.

EDIT: Being told that he was possible hotfixed recently. Going to go check again on my Monk and hope he goes down.

11/30/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Bahia
Guess Viscidus isn't unsoloable for most classes is he?'

Good job not reading anyone's comments.
Edited by Hyenastep on 11/30/2012 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
29 Human Mage
Let me wowhead this for you:

1) www.wowhead.com
2) Type "Viscidus"
3) Read comments

Like:
+"I did this as feral with 'Elemental Force' enchant."
+"Frost Oil and Deathfrost"
+"Buy a fast speed white melee weapon in Dalaran, enchant it, and melee him. Even as a caster, if you aren't able to use frost wands."
+"Go buy a Brunnhildar weapon. All of them inflict extra frost damage."
+"Here is a list of spells/abilties each class can use on Viscidus. Like Mind Spike. Or Rune of Razorice."

Reply Quote
29 Human Mage
Not soloable even with the frost weapons...

I got the Polearm from Storm Peaks that deals frost damage, he did freeze but he still doesn't die even after wailing on him while frozen.

That's because you didn't switch to a fast weapon after he froze...

You can switch weapons in combat, you know.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
And the Emperors still auto heal through all damage and are pretty much unkiteable.

Pretty sure Blizzard didn't look this through enough.

For anyone other than DK's ... this has to be a joke. Most classes are out dpsing their heals now anyways. DK's are SoL ... Cant melee the melee one, because my damage is based on diseases he is immune to, cant dps the caster one, because my big damage are all melee... Effed no matter what. lol

icy touch x2, deathcoil, retarget, blood strikex2,scourge strikex2, retarget, horn... is like 10k tops... just sad my dps is totally reliant on combining magic and melee.

I soloed it on my DK. Frost was impossible because of this problem, but I was able to do it as blood by staying entirely on the melee mob. Just DO NOT SUMMON YOUR GHOUL. The first thing to attack the boss after a port gets threat and they like to do knockbacks a lot... it was a recipe for disaster since the pet gained threat, got knocked back, and dragged the boss away from me while I was knockback-slowed.

Blood was the way to go. Heartstrike > Deathstrike in particular.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/27/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Strickycub
I'm starting to question what kind of people actually test this stuff before it's released.

They never said old raids would be faceroll to solo, only that it would be possible to solo them. Like it or not they expect people to actually have a little skill to do it.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Priest
The issue is not that Visc isn't soloable on everyone, the problem is that it is only soloable on very few specs. I have a DK, so i have an easy kill, but it is annoying that i have to skip him on all my other toons.

Unlike Emps (who someone brought up), I have only attempted on 3 toons, Monk and Ele were a joke, Frost DK took creating a blood spec, which sucked badly in dps gear DW, but was doable. I wouldn't guess there are too many dps specs that can't solo Emps, but only having a few specs able to solo Visc is rough.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
And the Emperors still auto heal through all damage and are pretty much unkiteable.

Pretty sure Blizzard didn't look this through enough.

For anyone other than DK's ... this has to be a joke. Most classes are out dpsing their heals now anyways. DK's are SoL ... Cant melee the melee one, because my damage is based on diseases he is immune to, cant dps the caster one, because my big damage are all melee... Effed no matter what. lol

icy touch x2, deathcoil, retarget, blood strikex2,scourge strikex2, retarget, horn... is like 10k tops... just sad my dps is totally reliant on combining magic and melee.

I just killed the twin emps easy a few minutes ago. No pet drop though. :( It's really easy as a DK, just go blood, put on DPS gear and attack the Melee emp. Unless your gear really, really sucks, you should be able to out dps the healing.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
The issue is not that Visc isn't soloable on everyone, the problem is that it is only soloable on very few specs. I have a DK, so i have an easy kill, but it is annoying that i have to skip him on all my other toons.

How it should be. Going to solo anything, even horribly outdated content that was fixed to more easily soloed should require some effort on your part. Most soloers spend hours coming up with plans and setup to do these things.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
I can dps through the Emperors' heals, but I still can't get Viscidus.

I have the frost, no question. But I absolutely can't bring up the melee attacks to even get him to his first shatter emote. I put on a fast dagger, used Bloodlust, and nothing.

Is there even a reason he still needs to have this mechanic done to die? For god's sake just have him die when he gets to zero health rather than sitting at 1. There's nobody that this mechanics is relevant to that it's imperative that it remain in.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
He's soloable as melee.

Put Enchant Weapon - Elemental Force on your weapon and dps him as normal.

I solo'd him this morning and got his pet (:
Reply Quote
Viscidus was hotfixed at some point the number of hits were lowered again and he is now more soloable. If you haven't attempted him recently give it another go and report back. I actually killed him this time using my previous method that didn't work.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Enh shaman can kill him.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
11/30/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Hyenastep
Viscidus was hotfixed at some point the number of hits were lowered again and he is now more soloable. If you haven't attempted him recently give it another go and report back. I actually killed him this time using my previous method that didn't work.

My post was specifically about after the hotfix. I can freeze him easily with ten ticks of Blizzard, but despite potions, bloodlust and a fast dagger, I just can't auto-attack him enough in time.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Donnicton

My post was specifically about after the hotfix. I can freeze him easily with ten ticks of Blizzard, but despite potions, bloodlust and a fast dagger, I just can't auto-attack him enough in time.

A mage posted earlier claiming that he could solo it which I doubted it because of the melee requirement. If you find his post ask him how he did it because I don't have the foggiest clue.

Update: Also just solo'd the Twin Emperors, you pretty much have to exploit the downtime between the teleports to lower their health making it a slow but possible fight as a Brewmaster. Still no pet /grumble.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Priest
How it should be. Going to solo anything, even horribly outdated content that was fixed to more easily soloed should require some effort on your part. Most soloers spend hours coming up with plans and setup to do these things.

I would totally agree with you except for one factor, this isn't Firelands we're speaking of, it is level 60 raids, whcih are 50% lower loveel than everyone now. Now i don't have an isue with it being thought provoking (meaning an effort), but impossible is a totally different story.
Reply Quote
29 Human Mage
11/30/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Hyenastep

Good job not reading anyone's comments.

Good job not even bothering to do what I told you to. Do you actually want to down Viscidus or would you rather sit on the forums and complain until Blizzard makes it faceroll?

Anyone who can't down Visicidus is either one of the small handful of specs that cannot down him, or isn't trying very hard.

Allow me to demonstrate.

11/30/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Donnicton

Things you could do to get Viscidus down:
+Build a haste set. Your haste is very low compared to most 90s. (I'm not saying haste is good for your spec, I'm only saying most 90s will have more.) Haste increases melee attack speed. A quick reforge could get you enough haste; or if that falls short you can build a haste set out of dungeon blues and pure haste gems and enchants.
+Get a melee trinket pet. I don't know if the Barov Servant Caller or Ghost Iron Dragonlings count as melee pets, but I do know there are a number of melee pets out there. (The dragonling probably isn't best due to its random nature, though you could use it to boost your haste.) Pop your melee pets during the melee phase and win.
+Haste Elixir.
+Unarmed combat. For a few classes, unarmed will get you more melee hits than a fast dagger, because unarmed gives two hands to strike the enemy with.

I'm only scratching the surface here. If you were really going after Viscidus, you could pop a Cleansed Timberling, for example. Engineering has all sorts of gadgets available that no one ever uses, and many of them don't even require you to be an engineer.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
Why dont you people just get some friends already and stop complaining that you cant solo a boss that was designed to be killed by a group of 40.

I dont care what level you are now.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Why dont you people just get some friends already and stop complaining that you cant solo a boss that was designed to be killed by a group of 40.

Because you missed the entire point of the thread and lack reading and basic comprehension, I guess.

Unless you think "soloable" means "bring your friends to complete the content!"
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage

Because you missed the entire point of the thread and lack reading and basic comprehension, I guess.

Unless you think "soloable" means "bring your friends to complete the content!"

I understood the point of the thread, I just dont understand why you feel a boss designed for 40 should be able to be defeated by 1.

When you can't beat something, bring a friend. Don't have a friend or can't bribe someone to come along? Tough. Learn that you don't always get what you want in life.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]