Healers & PvP Power

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Druid
I'm a little confused. Last night I had 27% and some change for PvP Power and today I have 13.51% Healing PvP Power. Did they really cut it in half? Silent ninja nerf?
Community Manager
11/27/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Tinúviel
I'm a little confused. Last night I had 27% and some change for PvP Power and today I have 13.51% Healing PvP Power. Did they really cut it in half? Silent ninja nerf?

Nope, as a dedicated healer you haven't been nerfed. The tooltip on your character sheet was always incorrect, but that issue was fixed in 5.1. Note that the PvP Power you have shouldn't be contributing to your damage output though.

On the same token, dedicated damage dealers and tanks (including hybrid classes using those specializations) no longer benefit from PvP Power for healing.
Edited by Daxxarri on 11/28/2012 10:11 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Warrior
11/27/2012 08:34 PMPosted by Daxxarri

Nope, as a dedicated healer you haven't been nerfed. The tooltip on your character sheet was always incorrect, but that issue was fixed in 5.1. Note that the PvP Power you have should be contributing to your damage output though.

On the same token, dedicated damage dealers and tanks (including hybrid classes using those specializations) no longer benefit from PvP Power for healing.

But why would classes that rely on these heals for themselves be nerfed? Enhancement/Ele Sham, Ret Paladin, etc.
Shadow Priest was the only culprit.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/27/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Dystopia

Nope, as a dedicated healer you haven't been nerfed. The tooltip on your character sheet was always incorrect, but that issue was fixed in 5.1. Note that the PvP Power you have should be contributing to your damage output though.

But why would classes that rely on these heals for themselves be nerfed? Enhancement/Ele Sham, Ret Paladin, etc.
90 Dwarf Shaman
11/27/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Dystopia

Agreed. Can add Windwalker monks to the list as well =/
90 Worgen Druid
Basically what needed to be nerfed were hybrid casters. They double dip for both SP/Pvp power/Mana, the other specs can still double dip but mana pool is generally too small to keep people alive.

Perhaps a nerf to maybe all pvp power heals but the casting character would have been a little better.
Edited by Feralosity on 11/27/2012 8:49 PM PST
90 Draenei Priest

Wait, what? Did you mean to say shouldn't be contributing to your damage output? PvP power no longer has any effect on our damage. My smites are hitting players for 7k each. The intent may have been to nerf hybrid healing, but this change also completely butchered pure healer damage output in PvP, even for specs like Disc and Mistweaver that do part of their healing through dealing damage.
Edited by Ayani on 11/27/2012 8:50 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
Also why aren't the PVP power changes and tooltip fixes for PVP power listed in the patch notes? Unless people were paying attention to all the talk previously about testing the nerf on the PTR alot of people won't know it went life seeing as its not mentioned in the live notes.
90 Undead Priest
When did shadow priests healing ever become such a problem? We've always been able to heal. We had our passive VE removed so if anything our healing has stayed even.
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm seeing DPS classes posting in trade with PvP numbers that are still large, like 40%+. Why did the healers drop to a lower number. And if our damage shouldn't have been affected, why does my tooltip say 0% PvP Damage Power?
85 Orc Hunter
well i just got out of an arena on my holy pally and the blood dk did more healing than me, over 5 million healing. the team was double blood dk. this is a sick joke...

what is the point of healers in MOP? just for raids?
90 Night Elf Druid
well i just got out of an arena on my holy pally and the blood dk did more healing than me, over 5 million healing. the team was double blood dk. this is a sick joke...

what is the point of healers in MOP? just for raids?

Yeah, I've done a few BGs today and healing feels weaker. I don't have any hard data or anything, but I definitely feel like I cannot outheal two dps beating on me like I used to and I really have to try to out heal one dps putting the pressure on me. Definitely leaves me no time to heal others; which begs the question of why play a healer in PvP?
85 Night Elf Druid

This is incorrect. I have just tested pvp power for healers and our damage is not affected by it. If this is intended this is a huge nerf to healers that are based around doing damage(example smite for priest).
Edited by Gusy on 11/27/2012 9:57 PM PST
They wanted to fix hybrid healing, and we're the ones that got hurt.
90 Undead Priest
11/27/2012 09:59 PMPosted by Baka

We do not know that, as the blue posted above this may not be their intention.
10 Blood Elf Rogue
11/27/2012 10:01 PMPosted by Gucy

We do not know that, as the blue posted above this may not be their intention.

did you even read what the blue post said?
90 Human Paladin
I dont like it. I can only ever cast 2 FoL's as it is as Ret with the mana limitations... now they heal for garbage... its not worth risking being locked out to heal for nothing and drain all my mana...
90 Human Paladin
He said "Note that the PvP Power you have should be contributing to your damage output though." and this doesnt sound right....should say either "shouldn't" or its an unintended change.
Edited by Eugenik on 11/27/2012 10:13 PM PST
Ya the blue post seems to make no sense....
As Disc I am flagged as a pure healer but have 0% pvp power for damage, and as said above smite/holy fire/penance all seem to do way less damage.

Also this just makes abilities like second wind, health stones and evocate heal even more powerful.
60 Pandaren Warrior
Merry christmas, you've all been professionally ninja'd.

Healers can no longer burn down tanks faster than actual dps, and dps can now tank as hard as the healers. Problem?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]