Healers & PvP Power

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would have commented on ret, but I don't play one. I can only provide an insightful opinion on classes I play :P

Hence the toonswapping to post about my experiences as two different melee hybrids.

My bitterness wasn't directed at you, that said my two 90s viability has just been destroyed, while warriors and mages remain as strong as ever.

Also if you want to try Ret I wouldn't recommend doing so atm, the spec is completely broken in pvp. Pve really isn't much better, it's twice the effort for half the damage in most cases.

I'm just so burnt out and frustrated right now:l
69 Worgen Warrior
So, let me see if I can figure this right. They nerf healers because a bunch of mouth breathing keyboard turners could not figure out how to chain silence / interupts / fears in raqndom BG's.

Have I got that right?

Battle fatigue - are you kidding? What ever happened to being a battle healer as a paladin? Nerf my damage output and now I guess I have to rethink my level 90 PvP healing talent. Holy prism heals my allies as I nuke an enemy. It does not break CC if I am putting prism on the groups focus target - but it will if I use it as a direct heal to someone on our team. So...let me get this straight..

Blizzard just does not understand PvP and how it works. That's apparent. They heard the cries of people who could not figure out how to kill healers and now they basically make us fodder. Why play a healing class if that is the case? Outside of Arena - let the random BG's have no healers then. This is idiocy.

No you do not have that right. They nerfed healers' damage because healers have high survivability...much higher than any tank spec does and they did not want average DPS power and high survivability on the same spec...much the same reason as they nerfed dps healing....too much firepower and average healing made them too strong. They simply balanced healers' dps in relation to their healing power and if you played other than a holy paladin this would all make sense to you...but since no spec ever likes to be nerfed...I would not expect you to like this change at all. You cannot have your cake and eat it too. You KNOW healers were burning down other players while easily out-healing incomming damage way too easily. But I would not ever expect you to admit it.
90 Tauren Shaman
Yes, elemental and balance were dominating so much, we needed to be nerfed. What a joke. Elemental is hurting so bad but they say we have to wait to see how things are after mages/warriors get toned down, yet they have no problem nerfing us.
90 Human Paladin
*FIXED*

Hybrids now recieve 50% PvP Power reduction when applied to healing or off-healing.
90 Human Paladin
11/28/2012 07:09 AMPosted by Aztecblood
Hybrid heals were too strong spriests and rets both.

Based upon what evidence? I don't see a massive surge of Ret Paladins overloading the teams and neither does anyone else. Your evidence is lacking completely that Ret was an issue to Balancing... Blizzard took the option of blanket nerfing every spec because it would have been harder to balance classes/spec individually. Welcome to Laziness.
90 Undead Warlock
11/27/2012 08:34 PMPosted by Daxxarri
I'm a little confused. Last night I had 27% and some change for PvP Power and today I have 13.51% Healing PvP Power. Did they really cut it in half? Silent ninja nerf?

Nope, as a dedicated healer you haven't been nerfed. The tooltip on your character sheet was always incorrect, but that issue was fixed in 5.1. Note that the PvP Power you have should be contributing to your damage output though.

On the same token, dedicated damage dealers and tanks (including hybrid classes using those specializations) no longer benefit from PvP Power for healing.

Why did you double the amount of PvP power on weapons? (p.s. you forgot Fist weapons..)

That's such an extreme change to an item that was already buffing my PvP damage by more than 10%. Why would that be combined with a nerf to healing?

What is so wrong about having a fight last more than 1 or 2 GCD's? I really can't stand the way you guys insist on making this into a skill-less FPS game.
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/28/2012 07:09 AMPosted by Aztecblood
Hybrid heals were too strong spriests and rets both.
Ret paladins were an issue to kill? O.o
90 Human Paladin
Ret has to build up and take one specific talent to get the off healing

It was the caster hybrids that were out of control, not the melee hybrids
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ret has to build up and take one specific talent to get the off healing

It was the caster hybrids that were out of control, not the melee hybrids

2 if you count divine purpose.

11/28/2012 08:40 AMPosted by Mauklindaufe
Ret paladins were an issue to kill? O.o

Iknorite, imagine us now.
The life of a frost dk.
90 Undead Monk
Nope, as a dedicated healer you haven't been nerfed. The tooltip on your character sheet was always incorrect, but that issue was fixed in 5.1. Note that the PvP Power you have should be contributing to your damage output though.

Uhh... is that a typo? PvP power is definitely not contributing to healers damage output. Although this nerf was intended for one or two hybrid specs that were healing too much, it completed gutted mistweaver and disc priests damage. Both of these specs were already pretty bad for PvP.

Mistweavers damage directly translates into heals, so nerfing our damage output by 50% means we do next to no healing through 'fistweaving' when people have 60% + resil and we have 0 PvP power for damage.
Edited by Fapdance on 11/28/2012 9:28 AM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
well i just got out of an arena on my holy pally and the blood dk did more healing than me, over 5 million healing. the team was double blood dk. this is a sick joke...

what is the point of healers in MOP? just for raids?

Yeah, I've done a few BGs today and healing feels weaker. I don't have any hard data or anything, but I definitely feel like I cannot outheal two dps beating on me like I used to and I really have to try to out heal one dps putting the pressure on me. Definitely leaves me no time to heal others; which begs the question of why play a healer in PvP?

I have seen nothing that changed my healing output, go to rbg and you'll see.
90 Night Elf Priest
11/27/2012 08:34 PMPosted by Daxxarri
I'm a little confused. Last night I had 27% and some change for PvP Power and today I have 13.51% Healing PvP Power. Did they really cut it in half? Silent ninja nerf?

On the same token, dedicated damage dealers and tanks (including hybrid classes using those specializations) no longer benefit from PvP Power for healing.

No on my heal spec it say half is boosted to healing (22%, was 44%) and 0% to damage. Is that a bug, pvp power does not boost healing damage?
90 Human Paladin
How about wait and test the changes?

I have a ret Paladin, a Holy Priest and a MM Hunter, and the new patch seems fine in principle. While I'm worried about my Paladin's healing, I'm also thrilled to see other classes healing less as well. It means my damage will be more meaningful even if it's not buffed, and I have other ways of survivel besides healing.

Let's give a chance to this patch and play it. I don't think these changes are the end of the world for us off-healers.
Community Manager
11/27/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Ayani

Wait, what? Did you mean to say shouldn't be contributing to your damage output? PvP power no longer has any effect on our damage. My smites are hitting players for 7k each. The intent may have been to nerf hybrid healing, but this change also completely butchered pure healer damage output in PvP, even for specs like Disc and Mistweaver that do part of their healing through dealing damage.

Yes, that was an unfortunate typo. =(
90 Human Paladin
11/28/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Daxxarri

It is also yet another bad design choice.(like totems being spells, and holy paladins haveing no AoE) I don't even like PvP and I can see why this is a bad move to remove PvP power from healer damage.
90 Undead Monk
Enveloping nerf and chi wave nerf combined with the PvP power nerf have gutted MWs in PvP. We were already bad, a 32% nerf on enveloping was not needed, even for PvE.
90 Human Warrior
Blizzard just wants everyone to roll a warrior for pvp, so it will be balanced.
90 Undead Priest

Wait, what? Did you mean to say shouldn't be contributing to your damage output? PvP power no longer has any effect on our damage. My smites are hitting players for 7k each. The intent may have been to nerf hybrid healing, but this change also completely butchered pure healer damage output in PvP, even for specs like Disc and Mistweaver that do part of their healing through dealing damage.

This is such a huge mistake on the design of healers in pvp. Years ago healers had to use healing power instead of spell power. The intent of all casters using spell power was for healers to have a damage option.
With this on-the-fly change implemented to reduce healer damage output, you have reverted a change made years ago to stop what is about to happen this patch. Healers were given damage so they would not have to respec in order to farm. This change gave healers a fighting chance against damage classes. This change also let healers assist in damage when it was needed more than cc or healing.
The worst thing about this is 2 out of the 5 healers role is to use damaging abilities in order to maximize healing output and efficiency. With these two healing classes damage nerfed, they are at a significant disadvantage versus the other healers that were more defensive in nature.
Edited by Gucy on 11/28/2012 11:08 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]