Healers & PvP Power

(Locked)

This is a more unfortunate design choice than an unfortunate typo :(
31 Blood Elf Monk
Nope, as a dedicated healer you haven't been nerfed. The tooltip on your character sheet was always incorrect, but that issue was fixed in 5.1. Note that the PvP Power you have shouldn't be contributing to your damage output though.

On the same token, dedicated damage dealers and tanks (including hybrid classes using those specializations) no longer benefit from PvP Power for healing.

Okay can you explain then why WW monks or enhancement shaman needed their healing nerfed into the ground when it was clearly a part of there base survivability?
90 Human Priest
Going to add my feedback to this after arena'ing... It's an over nerf. I can spam FHeal for 10 seconds and not bring myself back to full. Considering burst in this game atm it feels off. Time will tell.
90 Human Hunter
11/27/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Saraphina
So, now while waiting the 2.5 minutes between being able to do decent damage i cant even heal worth a crap? That's awesome.

Exactly. Nor should you be able to. If you're playing ret, why the hell should you be able to do big heals on yourself or anybody else? That's ridiculous. If that's the case, then all classes need a dedicated heal button.
100 Draenei Paladin
So, now while waiting the 2.5 minutes between being able to do decent damage i cant even heal worth a crap? That's awesome.

Exactly. Nor should you be able to. If you're playing ret, why the hell should you be able to do big heals on yourself or anybody else? That's ridiculous. If that's the case, then all classes need a dedicated heal button.

Think of it this way.

Imagine if Hunter silencing shot cost 100 focus. And you had to choose between controling damage by silencing a mage, or dealing damage with that focus.

That's kind of how Ret heals work. We sacrifice our biggest damage dealing ability for the sake of controling damage. We're balanced around our large burst healing. Even then, we couldn't really replace dedicated healers due to ramp-up time.

With that said, the sky isn't really falling. My crit heals still feel pretty significant and I still see 100k+ WoGs fairly often. However, my regular non-crit FoLs really do feel pretty garbage and my regular WoGs feel average. (Around 10% health per WoG. I could probably hurt my enemy for more with that HP through Templar's Verdict.)
Edited by Astaeri on 11/28/2012 12:30 PM PST
90 Human Priest
11/28/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Jackbag

Erm, I think all classes DO have a heal button lol... Including you.
90 Human Priest
My feedback again is that a 20-30 % healing nerf alongside the effects of healing debuffs... IS HUGE... WAY too much.
100 Human Paladin
Big heals? BIG? lol you sir don't know what your talking about... Ret has ALWAYS been about sacrificing dmg for healing in PvP. We still do that but our heals heal for NOTHING now... ignorance... and inb4 lolret or any of that... Ive played reg bgs and 2v2 since patch so far and in both, my survivability is garbage... also Im YEARS exp at Retribution.. talking 7 years here... this is no good. Period.

Edited by Eugenik on 11/28/2012 12:41 PM PST
100 Human Paladin

Hunters only have 1 if they have a spirit pet as BM. In the near future MM will be the top spec again. Your logic is flawed.

Youre a PURE DPS, your heals should be weak... what do you give up DMG wise to heal yourself?
90 Human Hunter
11/28/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Electrosoul

Nope, unless you include my spirit beast. If I wasn't BM, that would be gone. Oh and some once every 2 minutes crap (Exhilaration) isn't worth a damn. Even rogues, who have recuperate, can't spam it repeatedly like a dedicated heal, so that heal needs to be small. It shouldn't be nearly equal to the strength that it would be if said hybrid was specced resto/holy/etc.

Damage avoidance spells... now that makes sense. But for a hybrid class to be able to spam a heal button is ridiculous.
90 Human Hunter

Hunters only have 1 if they have a spirit pet as BM. In the near future MM will be the top spec again. Your logic is flawed.

Youre a PURE DPS, your heals should be weak... what do you give up DMG wise to heal yourself?

And you are a dps also, your heals should not be able to heal you back to full with one or two flash heals. Sorry. That's nuts.
Edited by Jackbag on 11/28/2012 12:45 PM PST
100 Human Paladin
Spam? Youre kidding right? Do the math... FoL costs 32k mana... melee get 60k mana pool... where is the spam in that?
31 Blood Elf Monk
11/28/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Eugenik

Okay stop

Pre patch ret pally heals and Spriest heals were way to big.

plus don't act like ret pallys don't do top tier burst and damage in pvp even when they throw off heals.

Pallys are in a fine place right now....Other classes like lolmonks and enhance shaman got ripped a new one with this change.
100 Draenei Paladin
11/28/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Jackbag
But for a hybrid class to be able to spam a heal button is ridiculous.

Like I said, Ret heals have a high ramp-up time (WoG and SH powered FoLs) or cost a ton of mana. (Regular FoLs.)

The main culprits were caster hybrids with large mana pools who could, literally, just spam their heals. Specs like Ret and Enhance really couldn't due to limited mana pools and high resource cost.

I'll admit, Ret healing may have been a little over-the-top. But a blanket nerf to all of our healing spells was not the answer. I'd gladly have taken a nerf to Selfless Healer if it meant they'd buff Eternal Flame and Sacred Shield to be on par with it.
Edited by Astaeri on 11/28/2012 12:48 PM PST
100 Human Paladin

And you are a dps also, your heals should not be able to heal you back to full with one or two flash heals. Sorry. That's nuts.

We must play different games...
90 Human Hunter
11/28/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Astaeri
But for a hybrid class to be able to spam a heal button is ridiculous.

Like I said, Ret heals have a high ramp-up time (WoG and SH powered FoLs) or cost a ton of mana. (Regular FoLs.)

The main culprits were caster hybrids with large mana pools who could, literally, just spam their heals. Specs like Ret and Enhance really couldn't due to limited mana pools and high resource cost.

I'll admit, Ret healing may have been a little over-the-top. But a blanket nerf to all of our healing spells was not the answer. I'd gladly have taken a nerf to Selfless Healer if it meant they'd buff Eternal Flame and Sacred Shield to be on par with it.

You do know all casters have a fixed mana pool now right?
90 Human Priest
A MUCH better way to have gone about it would be for hybrids to have CDs on heals BUT still have burst heals. This stops throughput but allows them to counter the burst in this game.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]