Healers & PvP Power

(Locked)

90 Human Hunter

And you are a dps also, your heals should not be able to heal you back to full with one or two flash heals. Sorry. That's nuts.

We must play different games...

We must, because flash of light is 22K not 32K. Nice try though.
90 Human Paladin
11/28/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Electrosoul
A MUCH better way to have gone about it would be for hybrids to have CDs on heals BUT still have burst heals. This stops throughput but allows them to counter the burst in this game.

Thats interesting. I assume because Ret does that all other hybrid dps get 1 castable heal, and Im open to being wrong on that but it doesnt sound like a terrible idea. The problem I forsee is finding a middle ground, but it's doable... and I agree it's much better than 0 bonus healing from PvP Power.
90 Human Paladin

We must play different games...

We must, because flash of light is 22K not 32K. Nice try though.

Youre right. That was an error on my part but it doesnt change anything. No one resets fights with 2 FoL's. No one has been healed from >20% to full with 2 FoL's from a Ret. Thats the point...
Also, the new talent tree that's SUPPOSED to versitile and dynamic depending on style, makes Holy Prism BAD for Ret when it was decent before...now I'm forced to take Executioners Sentence... I dont like that either..
Edited by Eugenik on 11/28/2012 1:15 PM PST
90 Human Hunter
Big heals? BIG? lol you sir don't know what your talking about... Ret has ALWAYS been about sacrificing dmg for healing in PvP. We still do that but our heals heal for NOTHING now... ignorance... and inb4 lolret or any of that... Ive played reg bgs and 2v2 since patch so far and in both, my survivability is garbage... also Im YEARS exp at Retribution.. talking 7 years here... this is no good. Period.

Your survivability is garbage? Ok let's see here.... you have:
  • A heal button
  • More heal options at level 45
  • Damage spells that also heal (i.e. Storm)
  • Lay on hands
  • Bubble
  • Oh and hey there Human... free trinket

Yeah I'm not seeing it. I have a holy pally (ret OS). I don't feel your pain. Roll holy or prot if you want to be some survival monster. If you wanna play ret, you gotta get wet.
90 Human Paladin
Big heals? BIG? lol you sir don't know what your talking about... Ret has ALWAYS been about sacrificing dmg for healing in PvP. We still do that but our heals heal for NOTHING now... ignorance... and inb4 lolret or any of that... Ive played reg bgs and 2v2 since patch so far and in both, my survivability is garbage... also Im YEARS exp at Retribution.. talking 7 years here... this is no good. Period.

Your survivability is garbage? Ok let's see here.... you have:
  • A heal button
  • More heal options at level 45
  • Damage spells that also heal (i.e. Storm)
  • Lay on hands
  • Bubble
  • Oh and hey there Human... free trinket

Yeah I'm not seeing it. I have a holy pally (ret OS). I don't feel your pain. Roll holy or prot if you want to be some survival monster. If you wanna play ret, you gotta get wet.

Burning CDs off the bat to survive an Arena is pretty much a game over.. bubble gets removed, blanket silcences are hard, and dont blame me for a race I picked 7 years ago kid. Not even mentioning that we're talking about healing, not core abilities of a class...
And thers a difference in wanting to be a "survival monster" and having options in countering insane burst...I want the latter..
Oh and if you glyph DS as Ret for PvP you bad yo..
Edited by Eugenik on 11/28/2012 1:34 PM PST
90 Human Mage
I like this change. Healers won't be impossible to kill and hybrid classes won't heal to full health with a couple of casts. Also, Healers won't be able to kill me slowly but sure. Awesome changes. Hybrids... I'm looking at you.
90 Night Elf Druid
11/28/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Nicolay
I like this change. Healers won't be impossible to kill and hybrid classes won't heal to full health with a couple of casts. Also, Healers won't be able to kill me slowly but sure. Awesome changes. Hybrids... I'm looking at you.

See, as a healer, I don't mind not being able to kill anything, I really don't, BUT if I cannot threaten anything with my damage then I do not expect to feel pressured by any one damaging class. If I cannot kill them then they should have NO chance at killing me. Unfortunately that is not the way it is. If a Mage, Warrior, etc. (assuming equally geared/skilled), come at me I really have to focus to keep myself alive (popping CDs, etc.) I barely have time to get heals off on anything else. How is that balanced? Why should they be able to go "lol, I'm gonna solo this healer"? And I can no longer put the pressure on them?

It should take at least two DPS, coordinating CCs, to bring down a healer. Even then they should have to pop CDs and it shouldn't be an easy feat.

And before anyone QQs about 2's... no one cares about 2's.
90 Human Monk
no offence.. BUT WHY even give a healer class the ability to use damaging attacks if all we are going todo is tickle the target... seems so stupid... im not saying we should be able to wreck a dps class but... we should be able to eventually outlast/dps them to death if your a good healer... and im not talking about 45 minute fights here...
90 Undead Monk
after not enjoying the game for about the past 3 years just when start to enjoy the game again because of the monk being a healer that does decent damage it goes away. blizzard i love you.. one day they will fire ghostcrawler and everyone will be excited... then we will find out they hired jay wilson to replace him... this is how blizzard rewards us. it is sick but i love morbid jokes.. keep up the punishment blizzard i will still be here because i am a loser and have no life.
90 Night Elf Warrior
Here i always though that healers meant to heal.

dps was meant to dps.

tanks meant to be shields for everyone?

Why should pvp change all that?
90 Blood Elf Paladin

dps was meant to dps.

See I would agree with this, but after playing Ret since the patch I have basically no survivability. Other than our heals we have one good cd(im not counting lay on hands), after that nothing. Even a dk has more defensives. Other than a Rogue I have basically no chance against an equally geared melee now.
Whether or not the spec's survivability should've been based upon healing in the first place is debatable, but it doesn't change the fact that something is clearly wrong as it has none now.

It's not fun.
Edited by Thaedras on 11/28/2012 8:25 PM PST
90 Night Elf Warrior
Many dps don't have great survivability, warrior lost avater thanks to many mages/warlock qqing about can't cc a warrior now.

fact is wow do anything to nerf any class that hurts mages bcause well they're only class never got a single nerf only buff.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Many dps don't have great survivability, warrior lost avater thanks to many mages/warlock qqing about can't cc a warrior now.

fact is wow do anything to nerf any class that hurts mages bcause well they're only class never got a single nerf only buff.

I'm not sure survivability is applicable because it's simply not there.

To be more clear, it wouldn't be a huge stretch to say Ret has the lowest survivability of any spec in the game as it currently stands.

We basically have one defensive, it's a 5 minute cooldown that lasts 8 seconds, it pretty much negates all of your damage and healing while active so it often just delays the inevitable.

So what about those five minutes it's on cooldown?
We have no defensives(one useless one that is a 1 min cd, it's like a very bad version of anti magic shell), we've relied on our healing up until now, now it's useless.

Does that not seem a bit broken to you?
90 Undead Monk
the point is mist weavers suck in pvp and the only reason anyone would think about having one on their team is because they have a decent dmg output. a bunch of our spells are based on doing dmg. it is a fun class for that reason.

if i wanted to play only a healer i would play a class that is good at it and more a defensive pure healing class anyway. i played a resto shaman for a long time it was never as much fun as the monk because the shaman play style feels like a pure healer. i could be wrong but the monk feels like it is set up to be a combat type healer.

pretty sure i will always feel that way tell they put in passives and big bonuses to healing for casting flame shock and lava burst. tell that day i will assume shamans are meant to focus mainly on healing

dps was meant to dps.

Your point might be valid if you weren't running with Second Wind.
Either way I'm guessing the change is ok.. although I'm not 90 so what do I know.

My only issue with this is they tried to solve 1 problem with a blanket solution, which, at least from the sound of this thread, is going to cause more problems.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/28/2012 08:55 PMPosted by Metapawz
One thing about this topic that you people need to understand... THIS IS NOT A 1v1 GAME. STOP TRYING TO MAKE IT SEEM LIKE EVERY CLASS IN THE GAME NEEDS GODLY HEALS.

What you don't seem to realize is that we didn't say anything about 1v1. We are talking specifically about the results of removing a significant portion of our defenses and team contribution.

I don't want to have insane heals. I would prefer to just have off heal capability with decent damage ability for more than 20 seconds out of every 3 minutes.

But, the ones you worship in their infinite wisdom saw fit to give ret mediocre damage most of the time with a decent burst followed by the 3-5 minutes of mediocre damage. What they also gave us was a decent burst of healing that takes a significant amount of time to work up to (3 judges for selfless healer or 3 HPG's for WoG). Now they basically take that healing capacity and cut it in half (loss of PvP contribution and the 20% off the top for healing in PvP).

Now, some said ret healing was WAY to high. I don't necessarily agree but, even if it was too good I think cutting it in half basically turns ret into a burst then sit around for 5 minutes contributing almost nothing to the team.
Edited by Saraphina on 11/29/2012 10:23 AM PST
90 Draenei Priest
Even though I am kinda damaged based healing class since I rely mostly on smite healing, I can do without this in battlegrounds. However, how often have groups ran off to another tower in Storm and left a healer alone? Now, I have no way to defend myself at all. Its like I have no resilience at all. Im fully dreadful geared now trying to prep for arenas and im dying like a newb. If anything give us our full heal ability from pvp power and cut our damage ability in half. At least give us SOMETHING to help us defend ourselves against...oh say...rogues since they love to stalk the healers and cc them to death.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]