Metalheads!

90 Gnome Priest
Post some of your favorite bands, I'm trying to find new ones to listen to, preferably tech/melodic death but others are good. Open to just about any type of metal, not too big on Nu though, but if you like it post it.

Some of my favorite:
Gojira, Misery Index, Mastodon, Amon Amarth, Abysmal Dawn, The Black Dahlia Murder, Dark Funeral, Beyond Creation, Divine Empire, and Nile.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Kroda, MANOWAR, Temnozor, Arkona, Sad Legend, Disma, Sonata Arctica, Iron Maiden, and a !@#$ ton more
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Kroda, Temnozor, Arkona, Sad Legend, Disma, Sonata Arctica

verrrry nice

Bathory, Amon Amarth, Iron Maiden, AC/DC (if you consider them metal), All That Remains, Killswitch Engage, In Flames.

KSE and ATR are metalcore, really, so they're kinda acquired taste.

haha yeah, KSE and trivium were like the only two bands i'd listen to when I first started listening to metal a while back.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Kalmah, Amon Amarth, Sonata Arctica, Kamelot, Helloween, Cannibal Corpse, Slayer, Metallica, Blind Guardian, Revocation, Protest the Hero, Static-X, Firewind, Thy Antichrist, Mushroomhead, Suffocation, Dying Fetus, Cerebral Bore, Death.

:)
Edited by Kulso on 11/29/2012 2:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
Brocas Helm, Savatage (the band behind TSO), a couple of singles from Manowar, Running Wild, and a few others.

...and I guess the Midnight Riders, even if they technically don't exist.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
White Skull, Running Wild, Horna, Behexen and Deathspell Omega are more good ones XD
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
If you are interested in MDM, here's some bands you may find interesting:

Early Amorphis (pre-1999), At The Gates, Carcass, Dark Tranquility, Hypocrisy, Children of Bodom, In Flames (up to Colony), and Kataklysm.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I love all Amorphis and Carcass is working on a new album YES!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
If you are interested in MDM, here's some bands you may find interesting:

Early Amorphis (pre-1999), At The Gates, Carcass, Dark Tranquility, Hypocrisy, Children of Bodom, In Flames (up to Colony), and Kataklysm.
You forgot Kalmah bro. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf6W7kqxmn4
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
11/29/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Kulso
Kalmah

not to mention Kalmah is 100% better compared to Children of Boredom xD
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Some of my favorite bands are, Five Mile Road, Pushups in the Park, Undersea Breeze, Depths from Above and Screams Reach.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Dark Tranquillity, Borknagar, Cattle Decapitation, Xasthur - (specifically "Suicide in Dark Serenity"), Napalm Death, Nattvindens Grat, Heavenly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
11/29/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Temnozar
Kalmah

not to mention Kalmah is 100% better compared to Children of Boredom xD
At least somebody understands! XD
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Lol. No matter what bands get listed, there is always the inevitable "HEY!!! WAIT! YOU FORGOT BAND XYZ!!!!!!!!"

Also, old CoB was great. Kalmah is a good band, but they do not offer anything that CoB hadn't done between 1997 and 2000.

Cheers :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm quite addicted to german metal. But that style of music blends so easily with Industrial like a hybrid. Some people will often tell me "That's not metal its so and so" I don't really care.

I don't even speak the language but I do enjoy the fact that you could be saying something polite in german but people will think you're yelling at them. I guess German metal sounds "pop" almost with the added techno. Rammstein, Eisbrecher, OOMPH. Stuff like that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
idk heaven shall burn lol
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
My current favorites: Opeth, Katatonia, Death, Testament, Megadeth (Rust in Peace is my favorite album of all time), Metallica, Dark Tranquillity, Edge of Sanity, and In Flames. Recently I've been listening to a lot of Devin Townsend and Strapping Young Lad. I also recently got into Insomnium.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
11/30/2012 07:53 AMPosted by Sturme
Lol. No matter what bands get listed, there is always the inevitable "HEY!!! WAIT! YOU FORGOT BAND XYZ!!!!!!!!"

these types of threads are great for helping people find bands they might not have heard before
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]