Attenuation all over everything?

90 Blood Elf Priest
So...I don't know if this is intended or not, but I thought I'd ask and see if anyone else knows.

Prior to this week, the Attenuation discs for normal Imperial Vizier Zor'lok appeared to vanish at the edge of the left platform.

This week, we've wiped three times to this boss because the discs are now floating all the way across the room before finally vanishing at some point. We've never seen this happen, and half my raid can't see the discs themselves in the mist, and are getting nearly insta-gibbed between the damage from the mist and the damage from the discs. Plus, those of us who are slowing down to try to dodge them aren't getting to the platform in a timely manner and he's getting off one to two ticks of his channeled ability.

I don't know whether this is intended or not. Perhaps the way the encounter was previously was wrong, but I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this? Has anyone seen this prior to the patch?

I'm sort of scratching my head at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how the mist is related to attenuation.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/28/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Zionic
I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how the mist is related to attenuation.

Okay.

So, the mist on the floor silences you and deals damage to you.

Prior to Tuesday, when Zor'lok did an Attenuation, the discs would fly out to the edge of the platform, and sometimes bounce back, but then disappear. When he switched platforms, you'd just run across, and there would be no discs present.

Tonight, the Discs are flying off the platform and across the room, bouncing around for 10-20ish seconds after Attenuation is over with. They're bouncing back and traveling around the floor. When you switch platforms, you have to run through the mists to the next platform. The problem is, there are now discs in the mists that are floating around that you have to dodge. I can see them, but several of my guildies aren't able to see them. They still damage you. And the healers can't heal you, because we're silenced. So if you can't see the discs (which many people are having a hard time doing, or they simply can't see them at all), you tend to just run face-first into them.

This has never happened before, and we're really confused by it.
Edited by Tiriél on 11/28/2012 6:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Yeah, seeing the same thing.
Attenuation still exist during transition.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah, seeing the same thing.
Attenuation still exist during transition.

Okay, so I'm not crazy and this is new?
Reply Quote
40 Orc Warlock
Downed him yesterday and did not have any issues. Pretty much the same fight for us.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Discs have always been able to float around above the pheromones
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/28/2012 07:45 PMPosted by Kolzi
Discs have always been able to float around above the pheromones

They do in P2, but I've never seen them persist during platform phases. They always disappeared at the edge of the platform.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
They've always gone through platforms (on live anyways).
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
We had this happen to us also. It was new and had never happened to us before.

I suspect they made a change that causes them to hang around longer.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
I saw it too, it was different enough for me to mention it on mumble this week don't know if everyone had problems seeing them or not no one died anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Haven't had any issues here.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/28/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Sabod
I saw it too, it was different enough for me to mention it on mumble this week don't know if everyone had problems seeing them or not no one died anyway.

I can see them just fine, because I run the game on "full beautiful," as our main tank calls it. However, we have one person with vision issues who just can't differentiate the discs from the mist (the colors are too similar), and others are apparently running it on lower-quality settings that is making it hard to differentiate between the mist and the discs.

I also noticed that there are...sparkly things...flying around the room during Attenuation (noticed that on P2).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I think if you push the transition immediately after Attenuation, then the discs will remain. But if you do it later then they will have already faded.

I don't know enough about his phase transitions to confirm that, though.
Maybe we just got lucky in the past and had him change platforms long enough after the previous Attenuation?
Reply Quote
95 Pandaren Warrior
So...are you complaining that you can't cheat discs by standing in the middle during the first phase?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/28/2012 09:39 PMPosted by Ðemolition
So...are you complaining that you can't cheat discs by standing in the middle during the first phase?

What?

Why the hell would anyone do that? You can't heal when you're silenced. No, that is not what I'm asking about, nor is it something my raid team has ever done. We spend as little time in the mist as possible.
Reply Quote
95 Pandaren Warrior
11/28/2012 10:27 PMPosted by Tiriél

What?

Why the hell would anyone do that? You can't heal when you're silenced. No, that is not what I'm asking about, nor is it something my raid team has ever done. We spend as little time in the mist as possible.

I'm confused as to what the issue is, theres never a part of the fight where you're on the left platform and need to be in the mist and hes doing attenuation.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Reading is very hard, Demolition. But here's a gold star for participating in this forum thread despite not contributing anything.

Prior to Tuesday, when Zor'lok did an Attenuation, the discs would fly out to the edge of the platform, and sometimes bounce back, but then disappear. When he switched platforms, you'd just run across, and there would be no discs present.

Tonight, the Discs are flying off the platform and across the room, bouncing around for 10-20ish seconds after Attenuation is over with. They're bouncing back and traveling around the floor. When you switch platforms, you have to run through the mists to the next platform. The problem is, there are now discs in the mists that are floating around that you have to dodge.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Thanks, Balkoth. I honestly don't know how to more clearly state the issue.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
I saw this in LFR, seemed like it could be a little painful in normal or heroic.

Seems slightly bugged, but very easy to avoid as long as you know it's coming.
Edited by Postonforums on 11/29/2012 1:38 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]