no grand commendation indication

(Locked)

1 Human Priest
I just went around on my primary 90, buying up all the grand commendation I qualified for. As it stands, I see no indication whatsoever that they're in effect. I don't get a passive ability in my spellbook indicating it. I don't have an active buff like the VP cap one (which is welcomed given that we wouldn't want a ton of those on every toon always). I don't even see anything on my rep tab, even when I click on the individual reps.

And here's the kicker: I don't see any indication on the quartermaster vendor screen. No red already known, even though I had just consumed one. There should be SOME form of indication.
1 Human Priest
bump
90 Tauren Hunter
It behaves like a RaF rep bonus. Turning in a quest will show in your chat box "Your reputation with _____ has increased by XXX (+XXX from commendation bonus)"
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I just went around on my primary 90, buying up all the grand commendation I qualified for. As it stands, I see no indication whatsoever that they're in effect. I don't get a passive ability in my spellbook indicating it. I don't have an active buff like the VP cap one (which is welcomed given that we wouldn't want a ton of those on every toon always). I don't even see anything on my rep tab, even when I click on the individual reps.

And here's the kicker: I don't see any indication on the quartermaster vendor screen. No red already known, even though I had just consumed one. There should be SOME form of indication.

Did you "use" it? At first when I right clicked it nothing happened.
Edited by Tobiàs on 11/29/2012 9:31 AM PST
90 Human Warrior
I have a list written on a sticky next to my monitor. Not the most elegant solution but at least I won't end up buying them multiple times.
90 Night Elf Druid
I also went around and bought a few on my main, but I have afew alts who were already revered,

It would be nice to have something ingame to say you already have it so months from now I will be able to know I purchased it,

Something in my Spellbook General tab, or when you mouse over the Grand Commendation it state that you have already purchased it, like they have for mounts.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You will know its working if you hand in a daily quest and it says (+225) or whatever.

Thats about it
90 Human Warlock
Yeah, we really need some kind of indicator. Either something in the spellbook or on the reputation tab to remind us that we bought the commendation and don't need to buy it again.

I'm also unsure whether this is for the WoW account or the Battle.net account, so I'm currently buying them on both my accounts to be 100% sure I got them done.
Community Manager
Thanks for the feedback. I'll bring the concerns for grand commendations up at the next developer meeting.
90 Gnome Mage
Is there a script that can be run to show if you have used a grand commendation?

As for showing if you've used it, I like the idea of just showing it in the rep tab. Maybe just a (x2) or something after the faction name.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah, last night (early morning actually) I was staring at the quartermaster at Tiller's and pondering, "Did I buy that? I'm sure I did, didn't I? Why isn't it grayed out or say "Already Known". Why would I need another one? Can I use two??"

Then I passed out.

Hope I didn't buy another one.
90 Pandaren Monk
To be honest, I'm not sure why you guys didn't just go with the first instinct of "Once you hit revered, you'll start getting increased rep across all characters on that account."

It doesn't seem obvious enough that it's triggered? So what? It doesn't seem obvious that you should have to buy an item (which should be free) from the Quartermaster either.

Edit:
Also, there is one indication. With the default interface, in your chat log, it will say "You have earned 500 Rep (+250 Bonus Rep)" if the old reputation gain was 250. However, it should somehow be more obvious than that.
Edited by Kasumi on 11/29/2012 4:59 PM PST
90 Orc Death Knight
Either giving us some sort of indication would be good or giving us a tool tip that states "Already Purchased/Owned" when you go to buy it again, or make it greyed out so you can't buy it a 2nd or 3rd time.
90 Worgen Warrior
It may also be a good idea to change the color of the reputation bars for the factions that you have the Grand Commendations for.
90 Pandaren Hunter
Maybe make a simple account achievement for each one?
90 Human Warlock
Personally I'd go with a little badge on the rep tab, next to the bar in question
90 Goblin Warlock
How did you buy them on a level one alt?
Community Manager

Totally! Thought the exact same thing last night. Not sure how it could be displayed or what would work best but...

Anyway. RyGuy gotchoo.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]