no grand commendation indication

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
Why not put the passive skill in the spell book like were they put the guild perks?
90 Human Priest
And in addition, without an indication there's nothing to prevent you from wasting gold buying tons of these.

I'm sure I've bought like 2 of each so far just to 'double check' that I actually have it.

So far the only indication is in the amount of rep I get when I turn in a quest.
90 Night Elf Rogue
I think an icon on or an outer glow around the rep meter on the Reputations window would be relatively uninvasive without being obscure.
90 Troll Shaman
I just went around on my primary 90, buying up all the grand commendation I qualified for. As it stands, I see no indication whatsoever that they're in effect. I don't get a passive ability in my spellbook indicating it. I don't have an active buff like the VP cap one (which is welcomed given that we wouldn't want a ton of those on every toon always). I don't even see anything on my rep tab, even when I click on the individual reps.

And here's the kicker: I don't see any indication on the quartermaster vendor screen. No red already known, even though I had just consumed one. There should be SOME form of indication.

Totally! Thought the exact same thing last night. Not sure how it could be displayed or what would work best but...

Anyway. RyGuy gotchoo.

It probably shouldn't be available on the vendor if it was already used. Can consider the commendation to somehow be unique to the account. Those are just some things to consider to start.
90 Pandaren Monk
Personally I don't see what the problem is. I bought all the commendations and used them, and thus I know that they're working.

Drug and alcohol addled minds around here? :p
11/29/2012 11:30 PMPosted by Inushi
Once you consume one, can you do it again? Or will you get some kind of message?

Currently, nothing in-game stops you from buying and using a second grand commendation.

This is the real kicker for me. I don't mind being able to buy things I can't use, but I do mind using and consuming something that doesn't do anything especially when there's no indication whatsoever that nothing actually happened when the item was used.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Totally! Thought the exact same thing last night. Not sure how it could be displayed or what would work best but...

Anyway. RyGuy gotchoo.

First thing you should do is add a note on the vendor if you already have it. You know like the mounts and recipes that show you already have it.

Then if possible put a commendation badge next to the reps you have a commendation for in the rep window. If you cant do that then make it a passive buff that shows up in your general skills window.

These are solutions that you guys already use ingame for other things. I dont see why the devs dont take this into account as they make new things. Do they develop everything from scratch or do they use templates as examples of what needs to be included as db fields when things get added to the game?
90 Blood Elf Priest
Personally I don't see what the problem is. I bought all the commendations and used them, and thus I know that they're working.

Drug and alcohol addled minds around here? :p

Hey! I wasn't drunk/drugged! Addled cuz dailies reset 3 hours later for me, yes. Addled cuz that's my normal state of being, yes.

Maybe my cpu dying last nite is a blessing and gold savings in disguise. No temptations to keep rebuying the same commendations over and over, just because I can!

*goes back to playing HM:ANB*
90 Pandaren Monk
11/29/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Rygarius
Thanks for the feedback. I'll bring the concerns for grand commendations up at the next developer meeting.

Anyway. RyGuy gotchoo.

Just curious... How does this stuff keep getting missed by the QA testers? I'm pretty sure someone from the PTR mentioned it, if not on the forums then certainly via the in-game reporting feature. This is basic functionality of a feature that is account wide. I keep seeing more and more of this sort of thing happening, too. It's comes across as though Blizzard is rushing things and not properly completing them before pushing them out the door. Whether that is what's truly happening or not, I obviously cannot say, but it certainly comes across that way.
80 Gnome Rogue
AnW
Just curious... How does this stuff keep getting missed by the QA testers?

Because they're human and not machines?
90 Pandaren Monk
I just went around on my primary 90, buying up all the grand commendation I qualified for. As it stands, I see no indication whatsoever that they're in effect. I don't get a passive ability in my spellbook indicating it. I don't have an active buff like the VP cap one (which is welcomed given that we wouldn't want a ton of those on every toon always). I don't even see anything on my rep tab, even when I click on the individual reps.

And here's the kicker: I don't see any indication on the quartermaster vendor screen. No red already known, even though I had just consumed one. There should be SOME form of indication.

Anyway. RyGuy gotchoo.

You know when you click on the faction on the rep window (u) and the little pop up comes up with info and tracking?

That could be a good place for it.
11/30/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Thelootgnome
Just curious... How does this stuff keep getting missed by the QA testers?

Because they're human and not machines?

This.

Also, I like your outfit...very dapper!
90 Human Priest

Anyway. RyGuy gotchoo.

How about at the vendor, a statement similar to what you might see on a trainer. "Already Known".
90 Blood Elf Monk
Could add a tooltip on mouseover to the faction's rep indicating you have it. That would be easy and work within the existing UI.
90 Human Paladin
It's not working. I bought the Klaxxi Commendation and my Mage is only getting 143xp per turn in.
90 Goblin Shaman
Could always add a simple buff.

A crummy idea, would be to add a tabard at revered. But yeah, not like Cata...
90 Dwarf Hunter
With all the factions there are do you really want a permanent line of 100% rep gain buff icons on top of your screen? They are working. That's all we need.
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/02/2012 07:45 PMPosted by Sarvan
It's not working. I bought the Klaxxi Commendation and my Mage is only getting 143xp per turn in.

Did you actually USE the commendation after you bought it? It's working fine for me. Got this toon to Exalted with Klaxxi yesterday after having originally bought and used the commendation on my Druid.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]