no grand commendation indication

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Monk
I agree. I went ahead and bought one that I knew I had already used and it let me use it again. Seems like a minor flaw. It would be nice to just not be able to buy it or for it to say "Already Known" like mounts do.
Edited by Dragonroll on 12/8/2012 1:44 PM PST
100 Worgen Death Knight
11/29/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Rygarius
Thanks for the feedback. I'll bring the concerns for grand commendations up at the next developer meeting.

Thank you very much. its nice to see a blue post here on the forums as it makes us feel as if our input is both noted and appreciated. I do realize you can't post on all forums all the time but it does make it nice to see a post. As we;; in regards to the OP I too would like some sort of indicator as well so I do not purchase multiples of these as they do not stack.
Edited by Charride on 12/10/2012 1:39 PM PST
100 Undead Mage
put "track rep" on under General Chat tab > Settings > 3rd tab

When you gain rep for one you used the Commendation Token for, it should show up as double normal. I.E. "Golden Lotus rep increased by 110 (+110 Bonus)"
100 Troll Druid
thanks for the feedback blues, and yes I can confirm that you can buy it a second time and apply it a second time - I did it on back to back nights after forgetting I had done it the night before to boost my alt's rep gain in townlong steppes :/
90 Undead Rogue
11/29/2012 09:36 AMPosted by Melaroi
I have a list written on a sticky next to my monitor. Not the most elegant solution but at least I won't end up buying them multiple times.

I really think there should be some in-game mechanism to prevent some of us forgetful types from wasting gold.
90 Blood Elf Priest
day of the patch i bought and used one for every faction. I didn't have to keep notes, wonder what ones i bought, because it was no brainer.

that being said, i would prefer some sort of indication in the future.
100 Night Elf Druid
11/29/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Rygarius
Thanks for the feedback. I'll bring the concerns for grand commendations up at the next developer meeting.

Thanks for looking into this. I thought it was a bug since it seems such an important oversight. I was able to buy a commendation I already had- I checked just to be sure I wasn't missing some message somewhere.
100 Undead Warlock
Why not just make them into an account bound achievement?
90 Blood Elf Mage
The best thing to do imo is to put in something on the item itself saying its already learned like some of the companions that you can only have 1 of.
100 Goblin Hunter
Bump.
Has some indication that the commendation has been purchased been implemented yet? If no why not? It seems to be something simple to do. With so many factions to track and characters being played it would seem like a natural progression.

Better yet why isn't the rep an account wide? Why should I have to grind rep endlessly for multiple characters to begin with? If one character reaches exalted they all should. Much in the same manner that achievements are and always should have been account wide. Faction should also be account wide not with some crutch especially since you have attached valor point rewards to faction. Who thought that up? MAKE players grind rep endlessly?!? It wreaks of vanilla rep grinds and endless repeated dailies and dailies and dailies and dailies.

The dailies were an idea that was needed when quests were not readily available but they should never have become a necessity. Why am I the rat in the wheel doing the SAME dailies (and dozens of them) each day to run heroics EVERY day to earn and then gain the privilege to spend the points???? Double work for little reward. Worse than that since the game was dumbed down anyone, great, mediocre or poor player can get anything in the game; where is the reward for being good at playing?? It disappeared at the onset of BC. If we are going to go this route Faction and achievements should be account wide and cross faction.

I don't have the time to commit to playing as I did in vanilla and Blizz has gone away from that model anyway.
Yeah, last night (early morning actually) I was staring at the quartermaster at Tiller's and pondering, "Did I buy that? I'm sure I did, didn't I? Why isn't it grayed out or say "Already Known". Why would I need another one? Can I use two??"

Then I passed out.

Hope I didn't buy another one.

The "Can I use two," has been in my mind quite a bit, though it wouldn't make sense because its a 100% rep increase account wide....so I haven't bought another to test it as i go through gold quickly enough as it is.

So...if you buy multiples do they stack? lol
90 Night Elf Druid
As one of the earliest posters mentioned, just a red "already known" on the vendors would do it.

Still not fixed.
90 Draenei Hunter
Rygarius/Bashiok,

Is there an API call you guys and disclose? I'm sure the Addon folks would be all over providing some temporary solutions until the developers/design folks can put in the fix.

Heck, some of the solutions the addon people come up with might give the developers ideas on what might work best for their grand vision.
100 Undead Priest
Agree - even lets you purchase and use multiple version of the same commendation. I tried this last night just too see if it would.

Either a red 'already known' on the item like patterns etc or perhaps some kind of indicator on the reputation screen - thinking little shield next to the reps which have the commendation.

A combination of the two would work best. The already known text would go a way in preventing people from buying extra commendations while a note on reputations would allow us to mae a quick check to see what we have/need.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I agree with the idea of "already known" or some variation like the recipes.
90 Worgen Warrior
Nice necro there.

Although, they are adding an indicator icon in 5.2.
Edited by Feronar on 2/22/2013 5:47 PM PST
100 Gnome Mage
How does bonus rep work? I tried to receive bonus rep after killing all the bosses in a dungeon and I didn't get any rep for it so I was just wandering how does it work is all... thanks

TY much!
90 Pandaren Priest
How does bonus rep work? I tried to receive bonus rep after killing all the bosses in a dungeon and I didn't get any rep for it so I was just wandering how does it work is all... thanks

Please don't necro threads.

I assume you are talking about the new 5 man LFD bonus.

But to answer your question, you click on the star to the left of the reputation you want to get that reward with. When you click on the star it lights up to show as selected. You get to the reputation screen by clicking the button on the LFD screen before starting your instance. The button changes from “choose” to the name of the reputation you have selected. When you finish the instance you get the reward just like valor, a satchel, or any other reward.

Clicking on the star and not the reputation name is not very obvious.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]