Brawl Club

Any of you guys doing this? I picked up an invitation off a rare spawn at Dominatrix Point, or whatever that Horde island is called, and I've been really enjoying it.

It's unfortunate that a lot of the stuff you fight in there is immune to sap, and you can't vanish or it counts as a loss - but still lots of fun! Even just hanging out watching others do their fights while I wait to queue up again is very interesting.

So, any other rogues from 'round these parts in this thing yet?
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
I was going to try to get an invite, until i found it's CRZ'd
Reply Quote
Ehh, yeah. I dunno how it is for you on Burning Legion but for me, being on the RP-PvP circuit, it really hasn't been too bad. I can see it becoming awful in the next couple of weeks when more people get their invitations.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I got mine off Disha Fearwarden this morning. Won my first two matches.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I was lucky enough to get a invite off 1 of the new rares in krasang wilds yesterday and managed to get to rank 7 and the summoner and while it is fun at the start the higher ranks really start to show our flaws in alot of ways.

Using every possible cd, getting as many buffs off mates and healthstones as possible it gets very tedious just trying to survive alot of the fights through nothing but very average survivability.

Don't get me wrong the challenge is great but it wains quickly on some fights after waiting 20+ minutes to get in and then get gimped relatively quick then watch a ret or blood smash the encounter to pieces without going below 75% hp.

Thats my rant done but good luck to other rogues toughening it out. Have fun
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Ohey Sproose I think I saw you there yesterday. Anyway, tips on Raven Lord, go. Only tried it twice so far, adds seem a bit rough. Would like to cut down on wipes because the queue is immense! Let me know what you did in the glyphs and strat department!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I've killed the rares a few times, but no invitation has dropped. :/ I'll keep trying to dig one up, or see if I can pull one of the 30 invites off of our BMAH.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
11/29/2012 06:24 AMPosted by Liadon

Wait, seriously?

Wasn't this supposed to help "foster server communities"? s_s
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I think it's set up that way because the area would be a total ghost town at this point otherwise. It's supposed to flip back to normal zone status once enough people from your server get into the area.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
11/29/2012 06:24 AMPosted by Liadon

I never understood whats with this unholy hatred for CRZ.....I mean literally, not trying to be a CRZ fanboy but what exactly is the harm of CRZs in general?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
11/29/2012 09:04 AMPosted by Timat

I never understood whats with this unholy hatred for CRZ.....I mean literally, not trying to be a CRZ fanboy but what exactly is the harm of CRZs in general?

Only one person can go at a time. When you're 40th in queue, it gets a bit tiring.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
That was one of my big worries sproose. Rogues have a very weak soloing toolkit, while we have more then we used to its still basically just rushdown while we blow through cds, things like kiting and burst self healing seem like they'd be very useful (waiting on a friend to get to rank 7 and invite me, we split the BMAH cost last night).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Only one person can go at a time. When you're 40th in queue, it gets a bit tiring.

It's designed to be that way. It's not supposed to be quick personal battles. More of a hang out/time killer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I just got mine today.

Killed a rare the other night and let a guildie take the invite - He's Rank 8 already, didn't really have many problems (then again he's a Ret). My cousin is also Rank 7 (Mage).

I've fought the first sets of Rank 8-0 so far. Not even coming close to dying at all, Then again It's only Rank 1-2. We'll see when I get higher up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Mega gear always helps. :p First 5 ranks I died one time. So far died twice on the first Rank 6 boss, but only because I need to find out the strat.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
They're forsale at the Black Market on my server, but they are like 12k gold per invite :(
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
11/29/2012 08:59 AMPosted by Verelyse

Wait, seriously?

Wasn't this supposed to help "foster server communities"? s_s

Yeah they just posted about that today

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7253855866
Reply Quote
Yeah, I dunno. Overe here the queue has been maximum 7 people even with the CRZ, so.. I dunno.

11/29/2012 08:55 AMPosted by Dragomir
Anyway, tips on Raven Lord, go.

Holy poop yes. This bird is kicking my butt and has been for.. Well this is day2 now. Everything up to this was smooth as summer silk, but noooo.

:(

my shame.. ugh..
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue

It literally does nothing but cause problems. It has zero purpose and solves zero real problems. It makes levelling hellish, whether it's being ganked at low level by level 90 sky gods who have no fear of reprisals like in the old days, to attempting to level tradeskills, to just sheer overcrowding for no reason.

There is literally zero point; all group and elite quests are gone, so why bother? Blizzard spent most of Cataclysm making the levelling process streamlined and rapid: "the game begins at cap", so I really don't understand why ramming folks into levelling zones is something that anyone would want.

All it does is to destroy low pop realm economies. They assumed it's good to "see people" in the world and so tried to solve this "problem" in the most superficial way possible, by forcibly injecting random people you'll never meet again into a zone. All the fun of LFR / LFD but now you can't get away from it (unless you're like me and never leave org / pandaria now).

There were low pop server issues, however the answer isn't to crush faceless avatars in so that your already strained ah gets worse. For every person that is irritated they can't fill a raid due to population, there is one that loves their server's in the backwoods, so to speak.

The "herp mmo means MASSIVELY multiplayer go play a single player game" strawman usually gets thrown out around here. I'm not sure exactly why people think that by wanting to play with the people on your server and not be subjected to the whims of complete and utter randoms = wanting a single player, but whatever.

This isn't even to touch upon the multitudes of technical issues CRZ has inflicted upon people, the most recent is being dealt with through hamfistedly streamlining timezones.

TL;DR: CRZ causes extensive problems and attempts to repair something that wasn't even broken.
Edited by Liadon on 11/29/2012 12:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Yeah, I dunno. Overe here the queue has been maximum 7 people even with the CRZ, so.. I dunno.

Anyway, tips on Raven Lord, go.

Holy poop yes. This bird is kicking my butt and has been for.. Well this is day2 now. Everything up to this was smooth as summer silk, but noooo.

:(

my shame.. ugh..

Seems like rng procs will play a role. Finally just beat it, had rsham/priest/paladin prehotting me and a prelust and still just barely managed to finish. Pretty rough. By finally, I mean fourth attempt, but queues are too long.
Edited by Dragomir on 11/29/2012 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]