What Spec

91 Troll Rogue
So I'm raising up a rogue. At the moment I am 62. I am running Assassination/Combat. I love assassination and that's what I use mostly, by mostly I mean ever. I keep assassination because I want to use fist weapons(there are some cool looking fist weapons out there) at higher levels. My question is this: Which is the best spec for dps at higher lvls? Is combat viable?
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
11/29/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Szem
I keep assassination because I want to use fist weapons(there are some cool looking fist weapons out there) at higher levels.

I think you mean combat? Assassination requires daggers.

All the specs are roughly equal at end game. Spec choice is dictated by fight mechanics and/or player preference.
Edited by Aeriwen on 11/29/2012 1:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Troll Rogue
Correct sir, I meant combat there :D.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Weird, I dropped combat mostly after like 86/87. Assassination was easier on the fingers and had higher active damage. :P
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I switched from Combat to Mut for leveling in Pandaburg for similar reasons (and also because I simply missed the playstyle). My main solution to the problem of pulling too many adds was to stop pulling so many adds. :)
Edited by Rfeann on 11/29/2012 2:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I leveled 3 Rogues from 85-90 and Assassination is way better than Subtlety. I can say that with certainty.

I haven't leveled a character as Combat since .. Leveling this toon to 85 <.<
In Cataclysm, Combat was kind of bad, Assassination was as well. Subtlety was amazing in Cataclysm for leveling, though. And now Assassination is amazing. Funny how that changed. So, maybe Combat is good now, I don't know.
Edited by Knocrogue on 11/29/2012 3:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Combat is good for heroics (burst DPS) but Assassination is a better choice for raiding (consistent DPS through out fight).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]