Why we need to see LFR boss status part 2

90 Night Elf Druid
I think this was an incredibly ignorant move. My group now will rather deal with doing something else and leave than deal with a partial group, which most likely has issues deeper, such as many afkers under geared or under performing players.

My opinion would be create a new queue option that players can choose to use. Random Partial. you get put in any LFR you can join, and its a partial but you also get something along the lines of a Satchel of Exotic Mysteries for doing so.

Problem this solves, it does not force people who want to join a fresh instance to do a potentially already failing partial instance. It also puts people who want to do the partial instances, in a partial instance, for instance people who just want their valor.

Blizzard should really think their bandaid solutions through, because this just creates a cascading problem of I join partial, i kill remaining boss, i join fresh i kill unlooted bosses, and leave creating another partial.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
11/29/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Arlea
HOWEVER, after I complete those remaining 1 or 2 bosses, is it selfish to expect a fresh raid next time I queue so that I can fairly kill the first 1 or 2 bosses that I haven't killed yet? I don't think this makes me "entitled" at all. After I help out that raid and then the next one I get is also 2/6 or 2/4... Well, my patience fades at that point. I port into the raid, see that I've already killed the remaining bosses and have NO chance at loot (or even gold) from any of them, so I want to port and hopefully get a fresh queue, but now I'm stuck waiting for the 30 minute buff to wear off? This makes no sense whatsoever.
This has honestly never happened to me. Every time I've killed the last boss first, the next raid I got was a fresh one. I've NEVER killed the 3rd boss, then requeued and got a group on the 3rd boss.

Maybe I'm lucky. I just assumed that it looks to see that I've already killed the final boss and puts me in a fresh raid. If it doesn't actually do this, it should.
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Warlock
11/29/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Gorganis
as they now know that the next queue after that will be a gauranteed fresh run.

This is not true. This has never been true. Please stop spreading false information.

At best it has a minor increase in the chance that you will get a fresh run, but the queue system will always put tanks and healers in partial runs because those are typically the roles that need filling.
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Warlock
11/29/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Tankenstein
This has honestly never happened to me. Every time I've killed the last boss first, the next raid I got was a fresh one. I've NEVER killed the 3rd boss, then requeued and got a group on the 3rd boss.

I've had nothing but partial runs pop up for me this week. Almost every single attempt to do LFR has netted me a 1/6, 2/6 or 1/4, and it's grating my nerves to no end that the only one I've managed to finish this week is bloody Terrace of Endless Spring.
Reply Quote
To me the solution seems to be very simple, just drop the gear level to heroic level. The initial intent for LFR was to give players who may not have the ability (time) to raid, to see the end game content. I for one, only queue LFR to get those small upgrades. But, I seem to do just fine in the raids with my guild. Unfortunately, nothing has dropped from my normal guild runs, that I can use yet. Anyway, I will not queue LFR anymore, simply because of these changes. I am not greedy or selfish, there are just a few things I do not wish to do in LFR:

1. Play with players, who cannot/will not get out of fire.
2. Teach players an encounter or their class skills.
3. Deal with the elitists and childish people that LFR attracts.
4. Wait on AFK Tanks or DPS who just AFK the entire thing.

I am sure my two cents will go unnoticed or flamed here, but I feel like I am being punished because of poor players, who just sit with gear in their bags to make an item level, and have never even watched a video on the encounters they are about to fail at. I am not and will never be a "hardcore raider", and I do not look down upon the players of better (or worse) skill than myself. LFR groups fail because of poor players, and the decent players should not be punished for that, either with time, or a few item level points.
Edited by Kryptyc on 11/30/2012 12:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
*So I think other posts on this subject are being deleted now.* I saw a few posts awhile ago on this subject, and they've disappeared. Obviously if there this many people not happy about this change, something should be done.

I also thought of another scenario where this new "feature" is extremely unattractive for players. Have blizzard thought of the repercussions for working players? I know alot of players that work 40+ hours a week, and the lfr change isn't very advantageous for these players. What if they want a full run? Do you expect them to just keep requeuing til they complete all bosses? Or leave groups and take a deserter debuff?
Edited by Taramis on 11/30/2012 6:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Hello,

I am going to say some things that may have already been covered. If so please disregard those.

Let us say that I queue for the last 3 bosses of Mogu'shan Vaults. I already have everything I need off of the final boss, but I still have things I would like off the first 2. My main set is Brewmaster, and my off spec is Mistweaver and I would like to try for off set drops off the third boss. I wait out my Queue as tank and when it used to pop I would see that it is on the final boss and leave Queue because I don't need anything from it as a tank -- As an aside This is the same case for the first bosses of Heart of Fear, with me needing Brewmaster gear from the first 2 but nothing from Garalon having already acquired his drops or better. Back to the point: I rejoin the queue as Mistweaver and within a minute I am placed in a group for a fresh run. Not wanting to lose out on Brewmaster gear I leave queue and settle on losing out on mistweaver gear for the week to finish out my tanking set. In the dungeon tool this isn't an issue because I can just Queue again as either spec and still receive gear from bosses. The LFR tool is unique in that I must choose when I kill a boss, which spec I receive loot as, and it locks me out from additional loot that week.

This situation is uniquely isolated to hybrid classes but lets say I was playing a mage: I run LFR on week one and lets say the final boss drops all I need from him. Week 2 I get into a fresh run and kill the first 2 bosses. I need nothing from the final boss and the valor reward from it, while not worthless, isn't worth the headache of hoping the tanks know what to do, or the DPS know what to target first, so I leave the group.

The bottom line is while this does fix the issue of people not joining in progress Queues it does so in a really shady way. By not letting the player know what boss the group is on it removes the choice from the players and they feel robbed of their time when they end up in a 2/3 group. I myself was in this situation earlier this week. I stayed to help finish the boss but I was upset that the choice had been removed from my control. I felt that this was an underhanded way of accomplishing this specific task.

Let me propose an alternative: Bring back the x/3 info but offer a reward for being added to such a run. Lets say it's as simple as a goodie bag, such as the one from the Dungeon Queue tool -- Perhaps allow it to drop pandaren great feasts like the Treasures of the Vale do, as a reflection of their raid specific nature. This plan allows the player to have the choice as to whether they want to clear content they don't need. It provides a reward for the people who have no other incentive for joining such a run. (Noticed this suggestion in another post while switching to this thread, I would second this suggestion)

It is likely that I am missing some reason as to why this particular choice has been implemented. I have proposed an alternative with the information that is available to me for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Paunchi
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I posted this in my own thread but I'll post it here as well.

"With the changes to not being able to see how many bosses have been downed in the LFR now, I think in order to keep players in the raid there should be an incentive for the VP capped players.

I'm not talking like a big incentive but maybe something like what we used to have. Back in the day, in the dungeon finder you would do all your VP runs for the week and it would go into giving you bonus JP. I think even this small amount would keep some people from dropping since it can be used to buy some items like heirlooms.

Just tossing the idea out there."
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Why are people so dense?...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/30/2012 06:07 AMPosted by Feel
Why are people so dense?...

Please elaborate?
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest

"With the changes to not being able to see how many bosses have been downed in the LFR now, I think in order to keep players in the raid there should be an incentive for the VP capped players.

I don't agree. If you don't want to do it, just drop group. Honestly, if you are all that concerned about being valor capped and therefore getting nothing out of the lfr, don't be valor capped when you do lfr. It's kind of an easy problem to solve om your own -- it's not like most people are getting valor capped that quickly.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Maybe they should just get rid of all loot from the bosses in LFR and only give you a chance at loot when you kill the last boss. That means if you want gear, you need to stay in for all the bosses.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest
I really feel this is a bad solution to a real problem. Punish those that leave a LFR raid before it's finished, don't punish the people that get put into the unfinished raid to clean up the quiters mess.

They are just doing the same thing they did to lfg. Not really a surprise. They don't want you cherry picking queues, and they want to give you an incentive to stay which they do by making the penalty for leaving larger than the time investment to complete.

Fairly normal, and not surprising in any way since they did the exact same to lfg when tanks were queue shopping for an almost-completed dungeon run back in cata.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

I don't agree. If you don't want to do it, just drop group. Honestly, if you are all that concerned about being valor capped and therefore getting nothing out of the lfr, don't be valor capped when you do lfr. It's kind of an easy problem to solve om your own -- it's not like most people are getting valor capped that quickly.

Players who are already valor capped, but wanted a chance for loot will probably not being queueing for lfr anymore when they can not see raid progression. The devs keep saying that lfr is more for getting valor than for getting gear. I think this is a very ignorant statement when most players have more than 2 alts. Everyone wants a chance for loot, and the people that don't need or want lfr loot have a regular raid group and will run heroics to cap.
Reply Quote
I just cannot fathom how people cannot grasp how this is a good thing. Just because you tell yourself this takes longer (2 > 1) does not make it true. The truth is, you were the problem and they fixed you.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
the Q is actually now alot quicker for dps and everyone else. how would you wait 1 Q?
Whos to say the people that already that join 2/6 dont kill the last boSS TOO for that 45/68 valor? i know i do

Please look at the queue times of a tank. So far they have been the longest out of all roles.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest

Players who are already valor capped, but wanted a chance for loot will probably not being queueing for lfr anymore when they can not see raid progression.

That's fine. Blizzard can do something additional if queues become unreasonable long. If they don't become unreasonable long, I'm not sure why anyone should care if some people aren't queueing -- if people are willing to pass on the chance for lfr gear, that's their option.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]