Why we need to see LFR boss status part 2

90 Tauren Death Knight
11/29/2012 05:34 PMPosted by Joyia
it's not fair to me.

And you expect us to care about you.... why?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
People seem to be forgetting that we're talking about LFR. LFR!! There's nothing there for people to get all worked up about and demand perfectly aligned raids with perfect one-shot bosses.

L F R - it's our "ooh looky, we're in a f'ing raid!" with easier versions of the fights but we get to see the insides of the raid instance. I love it but I know why I'm queueing. Why are some of the people acting like the new queues for LFR is stifling their game? Wasting their time waiting on queues? Hello, hello can you hear me? This an MMO - this is a Time Sink which mean a waster of time. Like watching TV or playing...games.

Blizz just made it easier for us to get into the easy raids and get them all done easily. Just what the hell are you all freaking out over?

Go in when the queue pops, play nicely with others, kill the bosses and go on with your wow-lives. It's so not a big deal.

ps. Original OP: emphatically demanding guarantees is not going to work. Did you ever watch Tommy Boy? If Blizzard fixes it so it's guaranteed to be a fresh LFR when you go in the second time, how long do you think you'll have to wait? And do you need a guarantee that those 25 people can actually kill the raid bosses? What if they wipe and call the raid? How many times is the guarantee going to work? Are you gonna play WoW until you die IRL?

Sir/Madam, I don't know who you are, but damnit, I want to meet you and buy you a beer! This is the most common sense comment I've ever seen!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/30/2012 06:30 AMPosted by Conneri
I just cannot fathom how people cannot grasp how this is a good thing. Just because you tell yourself this takes longer (2 > 1) does not make it true. The truth is, you were the problem and they fixed you.

Congrats on missing the point of the entire first thread.

People are not complaining about queue times.

They are not complaining about having to run 2 instances to kill all the bosses, or having to kill them out of order.

They are not complaining about having to wait in 2 queues.

The annoyance comes from being forced into an in progress raid, without being able to see that it's in progress, when you've ALREADY COMPLETED an in progress raid previously and don't want to keep killing the same boss over again with no chance at loot or gold. Instead of letting us decline a second in progress raid and just wait for the next pop, we're forced to port out, take a 30 minute debuff, then queue up again to repeat the cycle.

For every person who wants a fresh raid, there is another person who wants one in progress. Why not give us the information and let us make the decision on how to spend our playtime, instead of forcing us into a situation that just wastes time for the sake of wasting time?
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 07:04 AMPosted by Darthdecay

Because my time is valuable, and Blizzard expecting me to run the same LFR several times over just to get the bosses I'm missing because other players are awful is a detriment to my time.

You're talking about wasting your time while complaining about.... A VIDEO GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

A VIDEO GAME, BY DEFINITION, IS A TIME-SINK, A WAY TO WASTE TIME. SO BLIZZARD JUST FIGURED OUT A WAY TO HELP YOU WASTE YOUR TIME MORE EFFICIENTLY, SO SHUT UP!

You're obviously here to troll and have contributed absolutely nothing constructive in any of your posts here, so why don't you take your sarcasm elsewhere.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I like the new system simply because i hate the way the old system was done numerically. If you're dividing the instance up, it's not a 2/6 it's a 2/3. Always seemed super silly to me they did it like that.

I just don't see what blizz could do to fix people sitting at garalon continually having people not join. Maybe it was suggested earlier in the thread, maybe it was in the last thread, i dunno.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Because my time is valuable, and Blizzard expecting me to run the same LFR several times over just to get the bosses I'm missing because other players are awful is a detriment to my time.

You're talking about wasting your time while complaining about.... A VIDEO GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

A VIDEO GAME, BY DEFINITION, IS A TIME-SINK, A WAY TO WASTE TIME. SO BLIZZARD JUST FIGURED OUT A WAY TO HELP YOU WASTE YOUR TIME MORE EFFICIENTLY, SO SHUT UP!

We will not shut up just because we don't agree with you.
Edited by Nayaga on 11/30/2012 8:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Its !@#$ing stupid i been tryin to get the first boss for 2 hour now the only boss i need due to me having to leave and get deserter stat i think blizz is on crack or somthing. oh %^-* lfr ill will sit an que and keep leaveing the que see how ppl like that !@#$
Reply Quote
So I join a LFR, get forced into doing the last boss, we kill him, I que again to do the first bosses I wanted to to begin with and get shoved into the last boss, yet again, I leave and get deserter debuff. GG.

You may say that it will "prefer" to put me in a fresh run but I simply have ZERO faith that your game will actually do that.

As for me, deserter debuff or not, I will not be tricked into carrying a fail group through content, if I get thrown into the last boss I will leave absolutley EVERY TIME, without question or hesitation.

Dumbest idea ever.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
MSV I only run to get VP on this toon now. I actually want the 2/6 groups so I get in and out as fast as possible for my 90 VP. The others will be the same for me before too much longer (with luck).

You're making the assumption that players only queue for LFR to get gear. That's not true. Many queue because it's one of the faster ways to get VP capped for the week since normal/heroic modes actually offer less VP than LFR does. If you don't stick to the end boss, you don't get the VP.

For now there might be more players interested in all the bosses but that won't be the case in the long run. In the meantime, I think this will work better just as it did for LFD once the change had been made there.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
The annoyance comes from being forced into an in progress raid, without being able to see that it's in progress, when you've ALREADY COMPLETED an in progress raid previously and don't want to keep killing the same boss over again with no chance at loot or gold. Instead of letting us decline a second in progress raid and just wait for the next pop, we're forced to port out, take a 30 minute debuff, then queue up again to repeat the cycle.

If you already completed the in progress raid, then you will almost certainly get a fresh queue. Therefore you have nothing to worry about.

For every person who wants a fresh raid, there is another person who wants one in progress. Why not give us the information and let us make the decision on how to spend our playtime, instead of forcing us into a situation that just wastes time for the sake of wasting time?

Because it makes more sense to favor the in-progress raids so they get finished. Nobody wants to sit around waiting forever for the raid group to fill back up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Why don't they just make the loot better the further the boss is in the raid?
Last boss should be much higher ilvl gear but the fight and mechanics should be as easily beatable as the first boss.

Can't say why I decided to contribute though, seeing as I haven't been able to enter raid finder yet due to my ilvl. Which is bull!@#$ in and of itself. Gear from Questing/LFD to 90 should've been more than enough to let me enter RF.

I've completely lost confidence in Blizzard's design team.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
By removing the status, you have managed to fix one problem only to create another problem for players, which is basically an endless cycle.

Is that actually happening, with players trapped in this cycle, or is this what could happen?

It's happening to the queues not the players. But once again working as intended, just join the partially complete run and then you're very likely to get a fresh run to down whatever you missed. The people complaining are the people confused because it's actually faster to just finish the partial run and requeue than try fish for a fresh run.

Its !@#$ing stupid i been tryin to get the first boss for 2 hour now the only boss i need due to me having to leave and get deserter stat i think blizz is on crack or somthing. oh %^-* lfr ill will sit an que and keep leaveing the que see how ppl like that !@#$

So instead of eating the what 30 minute deserter debuff take the freaking 10 minutes kill the last boss and get that raid out of the queue.

we're forced to port out, take a 30 minute debuff, then queue up again to repeat the cycle.

Why would you take the debuff when it's faster to just finish the raid? I'm truly not understanding why people do this.
Edited by Ziryus on 11/30/2012 8:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Why don't they just make the loot better the further the boss is in the raid?
Last boss should be much higher ilvl gear but the fight and mechanics should be as easily beatable as the first boss.

Can't say why I decided to contribute though, seeing as I haven't been able to enter raid finder yet due to my ilvl. Which is bull!@#$ in and of itself. Gear from Questing/LFD to 90 should've been more than enough to let me enter RF.

I've completely lost confidence in Blizzard's design team.

So you want better loot for the same amount of work? Why would they do that?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm not sure if this has been touched on or not.. but if you queue and enter a run already in progress, finish said run and then turn around, requeue and get a fresh run... aren't we in essence creating more 'runs in progress' since once people down the boss they still needed they'd leave the instance anyways (not saying everyone does, but I do know a lot of them do since I see it virtually every single time I'm in LFR).

Either way, I don't appreciate having the choice to either enter and complete a run or leave and requeue at a later time taken away from me. Last I checked I was perfectly capable of making decisions by myself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

So instead of eating the what 30 minute deserter debuff take the freaking 10 minutes kill the last boss and get that raid out of the queue.
Hell no and im not just gettn a que on the last boss it alway been 2nd or 3rd boss
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/30/2012 08:21 AMPosted by Hyjinx
So you want better loot for the same amount of work? Why would they do that?

To encourage people to finish the raid.

I believe Blizzard said that positive reinforcement is ideal.
So give INCENTIVE

Don't try to force people to join in-progress raids. It's trivial ffs
Reply Quote
[quote]I don't agree. If you don't want to do it, just drop group. Honestly, if you are all that concerned about being valor capped and therefore getting nothing out of the lfr, don't be valor capped when you do lfr. It's kind of an easy problem to solve om your own -- it's not like most people are getting valor capped that quickly.

Anyone who helps out their guildies with gearing runs (whether its Heroics or Scenarios) will be valor capped really, really fast. I always cap out within 2 days from helping my friends. And I know a lot of people on my server who do the same thing.

Having said that, I typically will not drop a raid group even if I don't need anything. But I know a lot of people that do. I really feel there should be something to keep players engaged to finish.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/29/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Shunli
A much easier fix would be to offer a satchel like you do to tanks/heals in LFD if someone agrees to join an incomplete raid.

Then you'll have people dropping out of fresh raids. Not a solution.
not if the reward is a flask or a raw gem. people do have to balance reward vs. wait times. if the reward is right, people will leave mid-raid only if they have to.

also, not really that it matters, but in LFR, it really doesnt matter who come and go, as long as those who stay dont have to wait too long for replacements. i mean it happens all the time right now already.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]