Honor Griding

90 Orc Shaman
Can it be anymore misserable? Not to mention the time it takes to get honor.
I'm winning consistently and only gaining 200-350 honor a game. I'm in it from start to finish, how is the amount of honor won so low now?
I can't even imagine leveling up a new toon and trying to gear him out with honor gear.
Edited by Indust on 11/29/2012 6:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
28 Orc Hunter
I level in pvp and low pvp gear is cheap. I can afford more than what is available. 200 per game would be easy to get the 3k honor gear. I have not seen anything more expensive than the 3200 honor gear. If you leveled pvp then that should not be a problem getting geared.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Honor flows like water. The problem is too many kids with an entitlement mentality that want everything handed to them & if they don't get it within 5 minutes they start crying.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I have to agree with Nystul here. Too many people these days want free handouts in this game. It is easier to get gear now than it ever has been, so sack up and put some effort in.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It could go back to how it was pre-MoP, pre-Cata, or pre-LK.

It's easier to get honor now than it ever has been.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Honor so easy though!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Toskosa
It could go back to how it was pre-MoP, pre-Cata, or pre-LK.

oh god no so much honor and battle mark thingies all over my room

Getting ~300 honor a game now you can buy something every 5-7 games. Complaining about that when it used to take 10 wins minimum, not counting the honor, when it would take 5-6 hours of AV to get the honor for it, for one piece? Yeah. We have it easy as balls now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It's honestly easier to pug 2s and get conquest than it is to grind out honor.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
11/29/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Cayse
We have it easy as balls now.

The problem also includes those new to the game who never even experienced those times. Part of me wishes we could have an "Old System Day" just to scar them for life.
Reply Quote
51 Undead Warlock
Meh it has been worse in the past , Fresh 90's suck even more then ever because multiple classes are doing insane burst.
Reply Quote
28 Orc Hunter
Honor flows like water. The problem is too many kids with an entitlement mentality that want everything handed to them & if they don't get it within 5 minutes they start crying.

This
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/29/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Kirama
We have it easy as balls now.

The problem also includes those new to the game who never even experienced those times. Part of me wishes we could have an "Old System Day" just to scar them for life.

Lets make it a holiday!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

I'm fully geared, I'm just doing BG's to upgarde the last bit of blues i have. You do know if i wanted to level a new alt, and fully gear and upgrade his gear, it would cost me 42,600 Honor, thats not including weapons since they're malevolent.

42,600 honor at lets say 300 a win - 142 wins. Now lets average each match out to lets say 10 minutes. (We all know there's 30 minute matches sometimes, and you don't win every match)
So we're at 1420 minutes, which roughly is about 24 hours. 24 straight hours of non stop winning will fully gear your toon out at this rate.

This rate is virtually impossible seeing as you have some games lasting as long as 30 minutes and you lose that match which nets you maybe 100 honor if you're lucky.

All im saying is it roughly takes you 2 days of straight playing to fully gear a toon. It makes people less inclined to level alts now a days.

I am a non believer of just handing people gear, how ever... isn't that what sha is? Oh wait you more than likely are that person who never gets gear from him... But i hear people saying they've gotten 5 pieces from Sha on ONE toon.

I have 2 characters that are 90 that I play, since the 2nd week Sha was out, i have been doing him on both toons with the extra roll. I have only gotten one peice of gear and that has been on my shaman, and the gear wasn't even for me spec... It was a resto neck. Now i'm not complaining entirely because i can use this piece for awhile till i'm fully geared and can swap it for the right one.

Basically all i'm saying is blizzard wants people to spend way to much time in the boring aspects of the game, whether it's leveling, BG farming, or my personal favorite... RBG's.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Honour is the easiest thing to grind in this game.

You're not doing it right.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Easier than ever is a strange definition of virtually impossible.

48 hours straight to gear a toon is nothing.

Spirit/haste neck is flagged as dps for caster druids, shamans and for priests.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Er I much would prefer the Honor grind than the rep grind. Full Dreadful set in 2-3 days (more if you win more)? Yes, please.

I got the full set on my Druid 2 days after hitting 90.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

I'm fully geared, I'm just doing BG's to upgarde the last bit of blues i have. You do know if i wanted to level a new alt, and fully gear and upgrade his gear, it would cost me 42,600 Honor, thats not including weapons since they're malevolent.

42,600 honor at lets say 300 a win - 142 wins. Now lets average each match out to lets say 10 minutes. (We all know there's 30 minute matches sometimes, and you don't win every match)
So we're at 1420 minutes, which roughly is about 24 hours. 24 straight hours of non stop winning will fully gear your toon out at this rate.

This rate is virtually impossible seeing as you have some games lasting as long as 30 minutes and you lose that match which nets you maybe 100 honor if you're lucky.

All im saying is it roughly takes you 2 days of straight playing to fully gear a toon. It makes people less inclined to level alts now a days.

I am a non believer of just handing people gear, how ever... isn't that what sha is? Oh wait you more than likely are that person who never gets gear from him... But i hear people saying they've gotten 5 pieces from Sha on ONE toon.

I have 2 characters that are 90 that I play, since the 2nd week Sha was out, i have been doing him on both toons with the extra roll. I have only gotten one peice of gear and that has been on my shaman, and the gear wasn't even for me spec... It was a resto neck. Now i'm not complaining entirely because i can use this piece for awhile till i'm fully geared and can swap it for the right one.

Basically all i'm saying is blizzard wants people to spend way to much time in the boring aspects of the game, whether it's leveling, BG farming, or my personal favorite... RBG's.

This is flawed logic. Firstly, you have to add Conquest. A win each day grants 100 Conquest, and then every win afterwards gives 50. 1250 Conquest is enough to get a piece of gear, and there are (4?) pieces of 1250 gear. Also, the first BG you win each day grants much more honor. I get 750+ honor in one BG at times.

Temple of Kotumogu is the best one to grind on in my opinion. Extremely quick games, and you can get more points for holding the orbs. Not to mention it's very fun critting 500k+.

If the Call to Arms is a long BG, just do random (and hope it's not AV - unless you like that sort of thing). Hope for AB, WSG or Temple. Easy, quick games.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Isn't that what sha is? Oh wait you more than likely are that person who never gets gear from him... But i hear people saying they've gotten 5 pieces from Sha on ONE toon.
I got ONE piece of gear last season in BH, running it every week on two toons so yea I am one of those guys that never gets a drop (I did get a drop in Sha... PvE gear lol).

11/29/2012 09:46 PMPosted by Indust
Boring as in participating in PvP? Silly quests would be boring... if you consider PvP boring then it's time for you to slay some dragons.
Edited by Nystul on 11/30/2012 2:59 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]