Topper MCnabb

No I have no interest in real world "crap" as you call it. However, it would seem that there are many similarities now that you mention it but that is not where I was going. So defensive. However, this defensiveness, this anger towards a simple and fun thread like this. The hostility that pours out of people like wine form a bottle is exactly the same kind of real world "crap" that makes these forums so dreary. Have a heart, take a moment, breathe, relax, buy soemone breakfast, take the day off work, do something different. Have a little fun and smile at a little bit of constructive criticism. Its a thread on a game forum at 10am PST.
Edited by Humanflint on 11/30/2012 9:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I always played Alliance in WC3 (why I'm Alliance now hehe) and it was a generally accepted best practice that you should build all your farms in front of all your towers as a buffer to keep the towers from dying.

Topper McNabb's homelessness problem was caused by me!

You should totally be donating half of your gold towards his new farm ;)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Since I can't really give anything to the poor fellow, I on occasion give him a /hug.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter

THAT'S IT!

You think I can get Topper to Halfhill?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I know times during the war with the Horde have been difficult. I know that not every SW citizen is as valauable as the other. Is it possible we could finally after all these years get Topper Mcnabb a job? Possibly a special vendor? Something? Thanks that is all

Concerned SW Paladin and citizen

Perhaps Topper McNabb isn't all that he seems?

He's been sitting there, in the trade district, watching the comings and goings of heroes for years. He sees who they speak to, what they buy and sell, and who they do business with.

He overhears their conversations.

Despite all the begging, notice that he's never actually taken a handout. Not ever.

Interesting, no?
Reply Quote

THAT'S IT!

You think I can get Topper to Halfhill?

How deep you going to plant him? Do you really want to grow a crop of him?
Reply Quote
I know times during the war with the Horde have been difficult. I know that not every SW citizen is as valauable as the other. Is it possible we could finally after all these years get Topper Mcnabb a job? Possibly a special vendor? Something? Thanks that is all

He's been sitting there, in the trade district, watching the comings and goings of heroes for years. He sees who they speak to, what they buy and sell, and who they do business with.

Despite all the begging, notice that he's never actually taken a handout. Not ever.

Interesting, no?

You're right...he's a spy. We're off to go kill him now. Thanks for the head up! Where did I leave that length of rope?...hmmm...now a noose...the rabbit goes round the hole...no that's not it. Ah, there we go. A LYNCHING, A LYNCHING, WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A LYNCHING!!!!! <the cry echos through the streets and gathers voices as it moves towards the auction house>
Edited by Adiathna on 11/30/2012 9:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
I find this facinating. A double agent? A secret mastermind? A thief in the night? What might be going on with Topper Mcnabb. LMAO
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter

Interesting, no?

The interesting part is that he hangs out behind the auction house, not in front of it or the bank.

That said, Gamon's Razor suggests that he's just an idiot.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I also want to add that I've seen Topper McNabb at the Darkmoon Faire begging for change. If he can get off his butt long enough to go there, why doesn't he get a job as a carnie? They need a few more garbage pickers by the looks of things.

Also I agree that he should have an option to give him change (like the music playing Pandaren woman at the Shrine). Maybe he should get a shopping cart like the toy vendor to go around the streets picking up bottles.

Or maybe there should be a quest line that's completely optional where you befriend Topper by giving him food and change (using the Tiller's reputation system) and as you go through the 6 levels of friendliness you get extra quests to go get him some work boots, some overalls, maybe a wood-chopping axe and then get him a permanent job at Eastvale Lumber Camp. Once he's your best friend (hey you turned his life around!) then he disappears from Stormwind, never to beg for change again.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/30/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Kyrthae
Topper McNabb reminds me of the average forum poster. Complains, complains, complains, blames someone else, never actually tries to solve the problem.

Complaining about complainers...

Also makes you a complainer.

One of these days some of you might understand that it is just the way of the beast.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

Interesting, no?

We already had the highest of Stormwind go bad on the Alliance....now the lowest? That's a new...erm...low...

Wait...I'm going to look him up on wowhead. Thanks....now I'm suspecting he's drowning kittens. Thanks, Blue...thanks a heap.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight

Interesting, no?

Kinda sounds like he's an undercover SI:7 agent.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Topper McNabb reminds me of the average forum poster. Complains, complains, complains, blames someone else, never actually tries to solve the problem.

Complaining about complainers...

Also makes you a complainer.

One of these days some of you might understand that it is just the way of the beast.

If you read my post closely, you'll note that I didn't actually make a complaint, just an observation.

EDIT: And if you review my recent post history, you'll see that I've said that complaining is actually a positive thing. It's the lack of constructive complaints that's really at fault.
Edited by Kyrthae on 11/30/2012 9:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
Maybe is working in concert with the Undead? The Orcs? or several of the disenfranchised factions within the Alliance's boundries. That being said I still feel I should be able to bless him with the light, or donate some coin, or gift him some food. Or maybe a place should be created inside SW to help donate food and services for all the poor of the Alliance. You could even grant rep, tokens, Karma, What a neat twist.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Topper McArthas?

That actually sounds delicious.

Maybe I'll stop by Burger King on the way to work this afternoon...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Make him a rank 8 fighter in the Brawlpit.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
11/30/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Humanflint
Well Sakhmet, As a crusader of the light. As someone who has dedicated his life to Helping those in need regardless of their background I think all of us deserve a warm blanket, a hot bowl of soup, or gold piece or two. Maybe evensome basic form of living. Can we not, as a society that is forged in the very fires of the "Alliance" do this for our people? I think so. The king in his depseration to form a more perfect alliance, to seek out and destroy those that would threaten the old world, must not forget of the daily struggles of it's citizens

I like your response <3
Edited by Sakhmet on 11/30/2012 9:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
Topper Mcnabb wins Gnomish Lottery, becomes lavish Lord of Redridge. Hires Mercenaries to clear out Tower in Mountains and creates luxory resort for all Alliance and names it Topper Tower of Redridge :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]