Sunsong Ranch crops

11 Human Warlock
Something I am completely confused about.

I have several farms (lots of alts, can't help it) and normally I don't have any issues. However, yesterday I rotated my crops as I always do every day but today some of my farms are still 'growing' even though I planted them yesterday afternoon....and one of my farms half the plants are ready and half are still 'growing'...I don't get it...something change in 5.1 that causes this type of behavior?

Also, the 5.1 patch notes say that 'growing' crops will show you how long they have left to be ready...but I can't for the life of me find where to see that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I think the crops finish growing around when the dailies reset. I think blizz just moved the time stuff that used to reset at midnight to the daily reset. Had it happen on both my crops and my living steel transmute too.

when you select a crop sometimes it will show a buff saying how long they have left, but that doesn't always seem to appear, for me at least.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
With 5.1 they changed the time that dailies and other game systems "reset" for the day. They now all reset at 3 AM Pacific. That means it's no longer based on your servers time. For example, 3 AM Pacific is 6 AM server time on my server.

Resets include daily quests, crops growing, profession "daily" researches (Jewelcrafting research, Tailoring Imperial Silk, Inscription research, etc..).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
12/01/2012 03:29 AMPosted by Clothbarn
Also, the 5.1 patch notes say that 'growing' crops will show you how long they have left to be ready...but I can't for the life of me find where to see that.

Target the crop. It has a buff, the duration is how long until (in theory) it has before it is ready for harvest.
Reply Quote
11 Human Warlock
Thanks, all. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Went to my farm this morning and the far row has disappeared. No sign of the crops I planted yesterday. No sign of the dirt mounds to plan seeds in.
And now they're back.
Edited by Javada on 12/5/2012 2:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
lol i still cant see the growing buff on my plants
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Target the crop/plant and you will see the yellowish buff (appears under crop just like the buffs you have yr character) which *should tell you the hrs till crop ready for harvest.

I to have noticed some oddities with crops, will arrive to harvest and crops all show they are rdy so I begin to harvest and then bam all of them flash flatten out to the ground and pop back up, lol looks like some massive weight just crushed them and then boom just as fast they are upright again.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
yea its still not there
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 08:50 AMPosted by Futabear
yea its still not there

You might have an add-on that is blocking it. Try turning off your add-ons and look at a growing crop.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
lol turned off every single one of my addons and there is still no growing buff on my plants
Reply Quote
It's the little clock symbol under the crop picture when you target it. Mouseover the clock to see how much time remains until harvest.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
LOL its still not there!!!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
12/14/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Futabear
LOL its still not there!!!

Silly question but you're not looking at a plant that's already grown right?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
no they havent grown and blizz told me to delete one of my files i did that and it still dosent work
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Went to my farm this morning and the far row has disappeared. No sign of the crops I planted yesterday. No sign of the dirt mounds to plan seeds in.
And now they're back.

That's a phasing issue. Just run back over to the market and then back to your farm. This is what I have done any time, I have had a problem on my farm and it's fixed it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
My crops look like Cuthulu now with so much wild stuff. It takes to long to kill it. It won't let you dig them up. Anybody have a weedwacker?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]