Herb Nerf

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have been farming Fool's cap to make my daily DMF card, have noticed a considerable decrease in the spawn of this herb. I used to be able to collect about 65 pieces in a lap around The Briny Muck, and now i barely find 5. Whats the go?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
gathering was nerfed pretty much across the board.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
yeah, i read in the patch notes that herb and mining nodes were nerfed by 50%, but why? why did they have to nerf it? After spending time doing Dailys, then farming enough herbs to make 1 DMF card, thats hours of time on WoW, for those of us who work, we dont have that kind of time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
because they thought mats were to plentiful and i strongly agree. My first impression is that it was slightly overnerfed but its to soon to tell.

I probably shouldn't be able to goto the AH and buy 1000 stacks of herbs for 20g a stack but its something i regularly did.

If you are making darkmoon cards you should be making plenty of gold, you should probably buy the herbs instead of farm them.
Edited by Zachfu on 12/1/2012 4:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
did same thing, 20 minutes in Briny muck, 2 stacks of fool's cap :/ when you need 10-12 stacks to make 1 darkmoon card. 2 hrs of farming for 1 card. and price in ah has already hit 200g/stack
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
just fyi, even though fools cap does give the most starlight ink per stack its rarely the best option to get it. you get 1.6 starlight per stack with foolscap and 1 starlight per stack from all other mop herbs but the cost of foolscap is usually far more than 60% higher than other herbs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i shouldnt have to buy the herbs to make the cards, i should be able to farm enough each day, i hope that they will see they nerfed it to much, maybe only 30%
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
you dont have to buy them, its just a better option most of the time, especially with the huge profit margin on darkmoon cards. Gathering is a waste of time for anyone making gold the only time you should really do it is if i you have no gold to buy things.

i can buy 400g worth of herbs, make a darkmoon card sell it for 2k. now i can pay for the next 4 days of cards and I spent 5 minutes instead of 2 hours.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Blizzard said the point to nerfing spawn rates on herbs and ore was to try to stabilize the economy on servers.

NEWS FLASH blizzard, it's not the re-spawn rate of herbs or the mass amounts of it on the Auction House. It's the simple fact that people undercut other sellers, to try to make quick profit. Someone puts a stack of whatever up for say 120G. Someone else who has mass amounts of it, then undercuts that person, which leads to another person undercutting that person and so forth.

What they don't realize is they drag the price down so far from undercutting, that they screw up the prices of herbs and ore, and next thing you know people are use to seeing herbs and ore going for 30-40 gold. If people were to keep the prices high and only undercut by say 1 gold or so, then things might not be so bad. Better yet, you see a certain herb/ore at low prices and you got tons of it, then hold on to it till market prices come up or buy out all the low herbs and re-sell.

TLDR; Not the spawn rate, but undercutting.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/01/2012 10:53 PMPosted by Aerò
NEWS FLASH blizzard, it's not the re-spawn rate of herbs or the mass amounts of it on the Auction House. It's the simple fact that people undercut other sellers, to try to make quick profit. Someone puts a stack of whatever up for say 120G. Someone else who has mass amounts of it, then undercuts that person, which leads to another person undercutting that person and so forth.

The things is, that really only drives down prices if supplies are excessive. If you can just go easily farm 1000 more then you dont care how much you sell it for. If you cant easily farm it then you want to get the most out of what you have.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
On an average day I could take my druid out, farm 36 stacks of Fool's Cap in about 3 hours - and I'd never run out as long as I kept circling around the same area.

It shouldn't be that easy to collect in one location. The change hit all MoP nodes, so luckily cross realm zones still will have their old ore/herbs at the same rates (or the change didn't mention if it hit 1-300 nodes).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
12/01/2012 11:12 PMPosted by Zachfu
The things is, that really only drives down prices if supplies are excessive. If you can just go easily farm 1000 more then you dont care how much you sell it for. If you cant easily farm it then you want to get the most out of what you have.

Just because you can farm mass amounts of something, doesn't mean most don't care about what they sell it for. I try to get as much as I can for something, and just because I can farm it in mass tons, doesn't mean am going to sell it for next to nothing. It comes down to the fact, that people drove the prices down so far.

You can have excess amounts of anything, that doesn't mean you need to drop the prices down so far they become practically free. People just do because they want the quick sell. If everyone had excess amounts of this and that, and still put it at normal prices, rather then the low, you would make so much more.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
thats true, but when you have a lot of something, selling it all becomes a much greater concern than getting the most out of each stack.

if i have 1000 stacks and easy access to more. Selling all the stacks is going to be the way to get the most gold.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

If you are making darkmoon cards you should be making plenty of gold, you should probably buy the herbs instead of farm them.

A stack of Green Tea Leaf on my server costs 100g now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

A stack of Green Tea Leaf on my server costs 100g now.

your cheapest trinket listed on your AH is the tanking trinket which is 19k. 100g/stack herbs puts your cost at 10k per deck.

The herb prices people are seeing now are not only going up because of the gathering nerf but also because the darkmoon fair is starting so the effects are multiplied. Its not as bad since everyone is limited by scrolls of wisdom but prices still go up around the fair.
Edited by Zachfu on 12/2/2012 7:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
So people that dont sell their cards but make stuff for guild/friends should just bend over?

nerf was not needed period.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
So people that dont sell their cards but make stuff for guild/friends should just bend over?

nerf was not needed period.

buy mats, make one, sell one. have enough gold for 3-4 more.

If you had been doing that from the beginning instead of trying to be "self sufficient" you would have been able to make decks for like 5k or less gold and made 5+ more decks with the profits of 1.

my average cost per deck on my 40ish decks this fair was like 2200g each.
Edited by Zachfu on 12/2/2012 7:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
sorry, not playing this game to play the ah, while that might be entertaining to some, it isnt for most people that play an mmorpg.

and blizzard nerfing the game to support the AH people vs everyone else, not needed, not now not ever.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
its an MMO, you aren't ment to do everything for yourself.

so you dont enjoy the AH, do you enjoy gathering? which do you like less? would you rather spend 1 hour at the AH or 3 hours gathering?

Nerfing gathering really isn't in support of the AH. if anything im going to lose gold because my costs are going to double but the price of darkmoon decks isn't going to change. But even still the AH is just as import part of the game as gathering is.

The only reason you see AH players like me not talking about changes like this negatively is because we understand the need not because we benefit from them.

There's tons of things in this game i don't like yet am far more forced to do than use the AH.
Edited by Zachfu on 12/2/2012 10:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
How nice for you, Zach. Personally, I supported the dailies grind, put up with the LFR treadmill, and shrugged off the Brawler's Guild being a long wait before I'll play, but at this point I'm done. I'm not interested in buying mats to make cards to dump in the guild bank, and I'm certainly not going to sell cards that could be going to a guild mate. Last fair prices on a stack of herbs went from 80g a stack to 300g a stack on my server, and since the nerf they hit 200g before the fair even started. Maybe it's better horde-side since they seem to have a 5 to 1 population favor. I don't know, or particularly care, about that either. I don't log on to hope I catch mat prices at a vaguely favorable level before some guy like you buys out the lot and relists what he doesn't need at 5x the price. I log on, do my dailies, and if I have time farm a bit. Since I haven't had time in two weeks I have 15+ scrolls of wisdom to burn through. Last fair it was about an hour's farming to get enough ink for 2-3 cards. This time I spent a half hour flying around and got 0. Zero. 1 minus 1 is ZERO herbs. (but I did get 3/4ths a stack of ghost iron) I'm done. I'll log on, I'll run LFR, but no more dailies, no more farming, no more pointlessly annoying chores that will arbitrarily become even more annoying whenever they feel like it. If that means I get bored with the game and stop, good. I'm 5 years in, and I think I've finally reached my limit. My main has been ready to raid for over a month now waiting for guildmates to get through the holidays and work and catch up, and I just don't care anymore. This has turned into one treadmill too many. I'll keep paying my subscription so I can do the pet battles so it's not like Blizzard will care, but I'm thoroughly done.

And for the record, I say this as someone who does follow the AH enough to turn over 5 to 20k a day when I feel like playing with it. So shove your 'herpaderp just buy it'. No. If I wanted to spend money to make money I'd just farm the herbs and sell high, then do my cards when they're low. All this does is turn another pointless chore into a tedious pointless chore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]