So I wiped to Brawler's guild Disruption...

90 Goblin Warrior
At 3 million hp

To enrage

I cried a little on the inside, knowing there's no way I could have more dps uptime on the boss than what I already had done
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Sounds like you need more gear then.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Some of the encounters are clearly out of reach at current gear levels. The only rank 8 I've seen die is the shark with lasers.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Step 1) Be a warlock
Step 2) Get to cast and move with like 0 penalties
Step 3) ?????
Step 4) Profit!

edit: Ohai fade
Edited by Dacno on 12/2/2012 12:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/02/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Agalloch
shark with lasers.

Awesome. Instant smile. Thanks for letting me know what's waiting for me.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
12/02/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Agalloch
shark with lasers.

excuse me, but if you're going to discuss the rank 8 fights, which is a clear violation of Brawler's Guild rule 1, you should at least get it right. It's an electric-guitar playing undead riding a trex riding a rocket-powered, laser-cannon equipped shark. Simplifying it to a "shark with lasers" is purely insulting to the level of epicness that is assembled into one mob.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
There really does seem to be a gear threshold, depending on class, for the rank 8 fights. In particular ranged with significant movement penalties are going to have a lot of trouble without having at the very least full normal mode raiding gear, along with doing everything you can to have as many buffs as possible.

But, I think the solution is to just not take it too seriously, and just wait for more gear if you need to. There is little point in bragging about getting the rank 8 fights down, when the feasibility of meeting the dps check varies so wildly based on class and gear. I'd be more impressed with, say, a moonkin downing the rank 8 fights (they might be okay on Zen'shar/millhouse) than any melee, for example.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
I've beaten them all except for Disruptron.

If I was an enhancement shaman, warlock or elemental shaman I could see myself beating it, but for now I just need to get incredibly lucky.

This boss in general is just frustrating. A lot of times I've died to just downright awful play, other times I'm not anywhere near the lasers and get one shot. Jumping mechanics in a game like this just feel absolutely awful given the server/client issues and anything but stellar ping (which I don't have).

The random movement of the boss is just a big FU to melee, as are all the tier 8 bosses that you're forced to melee from the front. I understand that they are all level 93, but having 15% parry and forcing melee to fight from the front is a complete oversight IMO. While I did beat all except Disruptron, I lost the enrage countless times on the other ones because too many of my killing machines got wiped because of 'lol parry'.

Boss is doable but I hate it. Random movement sucks and parry sucks. Unlike range I can't pick the south or north side, dodge minimal balls and just jump for lasers. Instead during the 'soft enrage' I have to dodge his AoE melee range stun, dodge 17 balls coming from every direction all the while staying in melee range and jumping with lasers.

I guess I wouldn't be so frustrated if these bosses had 7.5% parry and this one in particular didn't rely on crappy jumping in a game that isn't built for jump mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/02/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Aeryia
excuse me, but if you're going to discuss the rank 8 fights, which is a clear violation of Brawler's Guild rule 1,

Uhmmmm, rule 1 to brawler's guild is <3 to have fun nd b urself<3
Edited by Prunefgt on 12/2/2012 7:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Players will prove their skill, and increase their rank with the Brawler's Guild, as they win matches against some of the most difficult solo encounters in World of Warcraft.

Direct from the patch-notes. Obviously, the brawler's guild is a test of individual skill. You simply have not acquired quite enough skill yet it seems. You should increase your average skill level by doing more heroic-level raids. Or wait until the next tier until your average skill level is high enough to trivialize them all.

Hopefully I could help you.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Last one I need is Disruptron - Currently wishing I had raid buffs for this
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
12/02/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Gròmmash
Boss is doable but I hate it. Random movement sucks and parry sucks. Unlike range I can't pick the south or north side, dodge minimal balls and just jump for lasers. Instead during the 'soft enrage' I have to dodge his AoE melee range stun, dodge 17 balls coming from every direction all the while staying in melee range and jumping with lasers.

Just some more range favoured encounters in the infamous range favoured xpac.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Dancing Steel
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
12/02/2012 07:28 PMPosted by Prunefgt
excuse me, but if you're going to discuss the rank 8 fights, which is a clear violation of Brawler's Guild rule 1,

Uhmmmm, rule 1 to brawler's guild is <3 to have fun nd b urself<3

This is not Hello Kitty Island Adventure! This is serious business! TESTOSTERONE-FUELED RAGEEEEEEEE!!!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Also just stuck on Disruptron.

I've had some 20% wipes before he does his own 'soft' enrage of activating all cannons, then it just gets crazy for melee to be able to dodge everything and still move in to damage him...

I would tend to agree though that the parry needs to be removed from this encounter. A lot already going on compared to lets say Maximus where you still have near 100% dps time and yet Disruptron still has the same HP with the arena enrage whilst dodging crazy mechanics the whole time.

Still fun. I can see it being doable with a little more luck with moar crits for damage... but that's about it. Have enjoyed these fights. Except Milhouse. Doesn't matter. Gnome is dead. Took 4 expansions, but he's finally dead.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
They all have roughly 2 minute enrage, give or take 5 seconds.

Disruptron has a random hidden mechanic were you have roughly 25 seconds to kill him when he hits 35%.

This encounter is full of bugs. Sometimes the center turret doesn't activate on enrage, sometimes you get clipped by lasers you aren't near (mostly latency), invisible balls, and lastly him randomly despawning at the beginning of the encounter (which has cost me nearly 10 attempts on this boss).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
2 minute enrages? That's it?

Wow. When I start doing these seems like I can just cheese it and faceroll with PE.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
2 minute enrages? That's it?

Wow. When I start doing these seems like I can just cheese it and faceroll with PE.

Shamans do seem to have the easiest time with all the bosses. Good sustain and burst dps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]