Beyond the joke!

Seriously, this is beyond the joke. I'm genuinely pissed off right now. I'm not even sure how this has gone on this long without something being done about it. I waited all through Cata hoping this would happen, nothing. I thought "Yeah, MoP will change things" but no it didn't. Then I thought "Pfft, for sure they're gonna change this in 5.1" but once again I was disappointed. And it's not just me (Probably not) there are others people out there that feel the same way as I do (Yeah right!). So yeah holding out for 5.2 or 5.3 for this to change.

WHERE IS JASTOR GALLYWIX?!
(lol bet you thought i was talking about something else eh?)

Not even a in-game model. Blizzard has a model and they have a place to put him. How hard is it to actually add him into the game?

But seriously would love some Gallywix lore.....FOR REALZ!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
It really is bizarre that they didn't put Gallywix anywhere in the world, especially after they worked so hard updating Azshara. He even has interaction lines about being at the Pleasure Palace.

Maybe at the last second they decided they wanted to keep the place empty for whatever reason?

No idea.

12/02/2012 10:31 PMPosted by Lorgeth

My guess was actually going to be something relating to the 3H Council.
Reply Quote
I think they're sort of embarrassed that Thrall was enough of an idiot to appoint an unrepentant Slavemaster as leader of an entire faction for a faction he had ostensibly left behind to become a "neutral hero." So they're trying to pretend he doesn't exist until they can find a good excuse for why Thrall did something so boneheaded.

That or his model was buggy so they left him out until they have time to fix it in 2 or 3 years.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warlock

I was thinking a Old God raid.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Lor'themar theron had to wait 2. expansions to get any lore, backstory, or quests...so we will be seeing more of Gallywix in 7.1.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
12/03/2012 04:59 AMPosted by Threeslotbag
Lor'themar theron had to wait 2. expansions to get any lore, backstory, or quests...so we will be seeing more of Gallywix in 7.1.

Theron came right out the door with several quests though. And his dialogue changed throughout TBC.
Reply Quote

I thought you were talking about wanting to fight N'zoth (the old gold who signs Deathwing's paycheck).

To be honest I think that Gallywix will appear in Mists. Blizz is involving the leaders out in the world.

The only question is when will Gallywix will appear and if it will relate to Hellscream's increasingly dark path.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/03/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Gornur
The only question is when will Gallywix will appear and if it will relate to Hellscream's increasingly dark path.

If he doesn't show up in Siege of Orgrimmar, I'll be very surprised. I mean, it's the perfect opportunity to get rid of the Horde's objectively worst leaders (in terms of morality).

Another option: have him show up trying to make money on large-scale Sha extermination by making people happy and whatnot. That would be the best moral U-turn ever.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Monk
I'd have Gallywix showing up in the Siege - for about 30 seconds as he flies away on his personal Zeppelin before promptly being shot down by the Skyfire.
Reply Quote
42 Draenei Mage

If he doesn't show up in Siege of Orgrimmar, I'll be very surprised. I mean, it's the perfect opportunity to get rid of the Horde's objectively worst leaders (in terms of morality).

It makes sense for Blizzard, but Gallywix is also well... all about Gallywix before anything else. I really can't see him trying to stick with Garrosh if things start to go south.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/03/2012 04:07 PMPosted by Bossil

In terms of morality, Sylvanas is worse than Garrosh and Gallywix put together... but I doubt she'll be killed off during the siege. They'll probably wait until the next expansion so Alleria can get in on that.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Monk
12/03/2012 04:22 PMPosted by Egrem

In terms of morality, Sylvanas is worse than Garrosh and Gallywix put together... but I doubt she'll be killed off during the siege. They'll probably wait until the next expansion so Alleria can get in on that.

Knowing Blizzard's track record of villanizing characters and then making them even more significant(hint: Garrosh), I'm not hopeful. instead, I expect Warchief Sylvanas.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/03/2012 04:20 PMPosted by Mirari
It makes sense for Blizzard, but Gallywix is also well... all about Gallywix before anything else. I really can't see him trying to stick with Garrosh if things start to go south.

If there's enough money involved, I could see it happening. And Garrosh seems to be willing to pay just about any price to get what he wants. It would be fitting for Gallywix to be a victim of his own greed.

12/03/2012 04:22 PMPosted by Egrem

I disagree somewhat (except for her willingness to use the Forsaken as a buffer against her own demise), but that's another thread.
Reply Quote
99 Worgen Warrior
If Gallywix decide to stop financing the Horde, it woud immediately crumble. No Goblins, no money. No money, no weapons.

Gallywix has the Horde in his hands.
Reply Quote
93 Human Priest
Gallywix will be one of the initial bosses in the Siege of Orgrimmer raid. At random he will either fight to the death or surrender. If he surrenders the players will receive better loot as he attempts to buy back his sorry life.
Reply Quote
If Gallywix decide to stop financing the Horde, it woud immediately crumble. No Goblins, no money. No money, no weapons.

Do you have proof of this? Or is this just opinion?
Edited by Jaelara on 12/3/2012 6:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

Do you have proof of this? Or is this just opinion?

There was a drought in Durotar before the Cataclysm. No drought, no crops. No crops, no trade. Not like Durotar has much else.
They also payed a bunch of money to Ratchet for repairs after the fire. Wouldn't be surprised if Org is in debt to Steamwheedle. Not to mention any other post-Cataclysm repairs that would have gone on behind the scenes.
And they're only losing more money as the war goes on.
Edited by Reignac on 12/3/2012 7:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I think they're sort of embarrassed that Thrall was enough of an idiot to appoint an unrepentant Slavemaster as leader of an entire faction for a faction he had ostensibly left behind to become a "neutral hero." So they're trying to pretend he doesn't exist until they can find a good excuse for why Thrall did something so boneheaded.

That or his model was buggy so they left him out until they have time to fix it in 2 or 3 years.

This pretty much.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Monk
It's kind of like how Thrall said to Varian's slave master "Hey, you're a slave owner who owned the man I'm trying to make peace with.

Here, be my second in command!"

I swear, Thrall has the intelligence of a doughnut sometimes.
Reply Quote
42 Draenei Mage
12/03/2012 07:18 PMPosted by Quirn
I swear, Thrall has the intelligence of a doughnut sometimes.

I think it's less stupidity and more just a lack of caring. He's shown himself in the past to be a fairly smart guy. I just think he doesn't really give a damn about stuff like that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]