He Who Controls the Ettins - help

66 Pandaren Priest
EDITED to add:
Ok, I went back to the cavern and got the orb ... found out I had to click on it there by Dirtpaw. So now I have the orb and I found an ettin and subdued it. I took it to Lakeshire with me and no matter what I do it does not remove the rock from on top of the foreman. I have asked and one player there who just did it before me said, "just stand over it." I had been clicking the ettin and the rock and the foreman and everything else, but nothing was happening. So I went and stood in the rock like he said but nothing. My ettin disappeared. So now I have to go get another one, which is ok; I still have the orb. But once I get it back to the rock, HOW DO I MAKE IT PICK UP THE ROCK??

Thank you please if you can help me finally finish this!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was on the quest "He Who Controls the Ettins" and was successful in killing Ardo Dirtpaw. I am CERTAIN I looted his corpse when finished. Then while trying to get out of the cavern I was killed by dark-skinned Gnolls that has respawned. Now I am at the cemetery and I need to decide whether to take a hit on my equipment and allow the Spirit to resurrect me or find my corpse. I usually find my corpse and resurrect myself but in this case I don't know if I NEED to go back into that cavern.

The problem is this: I've already killed Dirtpaw and supposedly would have the orb to control an ettin. But I don't find the orb in my bag. So I think I may need to go back and kill the bastard again. Is that possible... that I killed him and did NOT get the orb? Does it take more than once sometimes? The next step is: I have to use the orb on an ettin to control him. So I would think I would be able to see it in my bag, right? OR ... do I report in somewhere that I killed Ardo Dirtpaw and THEN I get the orb?

I simply don't know if I need to go back into the cavern and fight him again. If I do, then I'll just go to the cavern, find my corpse and resurrect myself, then kill him while I am there. If I don't then I'll let the Spirit resurrect me and take the hit.

Thanks for any help. . . . I am still learning.
Edited by Faithizall on 12/3/2012 10:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
66 Pandaren Priest
Any help on this? I know it's not a high level quest, but I would like some words of wisdom from more experienced players.

Thanks so much
Reply Quote
66 Pandaren Priest
Ok, I went back to the cavern and got the orb ... found out I had to click on it there by Dirtpaw. So now I have the orb and I found an ettin and subdued it. I took it to Lakeshire with me and no matter what I do it does not remove the rock from on top of the foreman. I have asked and one player there who just did it before me said, "just stand over it." I had been clicking the ettin and the rock and the foreman and everything else, but nothing was happening. So I went and stood in the rock like he said but nothing. My ettin disappeared. So now I have to go get another one, which is ok; I still have the orb. But once I get it back to the rock, HOW DO I MAKE IT PICK UP THE ROCK??

Thank you please if you can help me finally finish this!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
You'll need to click the orb that you used to subdue him again. I can't remember if you need to target the rock first or not, but that should do it.
Reply Quote
Can anyone help me? I have the orb. I find an ettin. I click on him then I click on the orb and then back to him and cannot get it to attach to him or control him and I keep getting killed!. How do I get the orb to control/attach to the ettin? Thanks for any advice given.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Some of the comments on Wowhead might help you:

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=26520
Reply Quote
Thank you for your suggestion but I had already looked there. It ofers no info on how to attach the orb to the ettin. I have clicked the ettin first then clicked the orb, no joy. I have clicked the orb first and then the ettin... still no joy. DO I need to pick a specific ettin? On the page you suggested, it said that it had to be an elite ettin and I have tried that also.

Thank you for your help. Its is greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
I don't know if you figured it out, but just in case: you need to right click on the orb when your ettin is standing by the rock. The ettin will then pick up the rock and toss it into the lake. Voila, quest done!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]