New Poison Ideas?

90 Night Elf Rogue
alcohol poison- makes you run around in circles
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
fear and mind control poisons. better yet. Rogues should have raining blood poison so we could blow !@#$ up. Or get invincible poisons... i like the poison that would cause diarrhea, which diarrhea poison should be cool. The other player or his character would have to go sit on the toilet and let us kill him and the can only s h i t ........ their pants.

Rogue sucks right now... maybe a love poison for rogues is the most useful .
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
12/05/2012 01:32 AMPosted by Arlandis
alcohol poison- makes you run around in circles

Mine's copy righted you conniving thief!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I just wish we had like 10 different poisons, so we could have variety and options. Seems every Rogue uses the same stuff. I used to like mixing my poisons around.

Just seems with all the new exciting spells, talents, glyphs, abilities everyone got I was hoping for some new poisons that didn't have to be talented!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
What if they swapped Backastab and Hemo. Give backstab a bleed effect and make it activate Sang Vein, reward the positional requirement play with the extra damage. Rename Hemo to something not blood letting.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
12/05/2012 09:44 AMPosted by Sephara
What if they swapped Backastab and Hemo. Give backstab a bleed effect and make it activate Sang Vein, reward the positional requirement play with the extra damage. Rename Hemo to something not blood letting.

Better yet, change Hemo to an ability that hits just as hard as Backstab but only usable in the front. Hemo bleed activates SV.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/05/2012 03:52 AMPosted by Creepercat
Mine's copy righted you conniving thief!

WHOOPS! I thought you couldn't read with that band over your eyes! (>_<)
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
How about the old Crippling poison: slowing the enemie's movement by 70% for 12 sec? Maybe that would help with our movement issues.

12/05/2012 04:44 AMPosted by Homiejackson
I just wish we had like 10 different poisons, so we could have variety and options.

Homie is right, we should have tons of poison variety. Think about poisons like a paladin's auras or seals, wich gives different buffs.

Some debilitating poison would be nice to reduce damage or some poison to reduce armor. That would give us more utility in raids.

And stuns, fears or blind effects should distort the player vision somehow.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
Screw the poisons, I would gladly give up both my daggers for one syringe filled with dish soap.

On the other hand, i would love to see something like a mosquito sting poison that does no additional damage but instead builds up all damage done over 5-8 seconds and releases it all in one mega burst. That would be badass.

Or, a Corrupted Blood Poison that would jump to other players standing within 10 yards of the target. Each jump increases damage by 100%. Thats what i want to see.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Corrupted Blood Poison that would jump to other players standing within 10 yards of the target. Each jump increases damage by 100%. Thats what i want to see.

I love that! Right now we only have Blade Fury as a cleave effect... That would be great in raids too!

Right now I have to either change targets or FoK to distribute my deadly poisons. Be nice to have a poison like a DK's pestilence for that.

Warriors are our only other pure melee class and it seems almost all their abilitie have a sub ability to them, like applying deep wounds, or lowering armor, stunning, healing, generating rage etc. Be nice if Rogue had some of those effects on our abilities.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Anesthetic Poison - Stacks up to 3-5 times, 30ish % application rate. Causes the enemy to drop target upon reaching 5 stacks.

Shiv Effect - Enemy target's abilities incur a 1 second cooldown (on all abilities) for 3 seconds.
Edited by Ådp on 12/6/2012 10:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Wound Poison:

Penetrates the target's wounds reducing healing done by 10% per active bleed on the target (Requires bleeds on the target)

Shiv effect:
Consumes all bleeds and deals an instant bleed damage which ignores armor just like a normal bleed would from the total damage of all bleeds active on the target.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I want a whole new aspect to be applied to rogues. AoE targeted poison pools.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Ghostcrawler poison- Kills annoying itchy crabs fast!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
12/06/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Bustakeg
Ghostcrawler poison- Kills annoying itchy crabs fast!

Crab Poison: Causes you to spawn hundreds of tiny crabs to make your target super uncomfortable & itchy. Players with a lower constitution are feared.
Edited by Zushiba on 12/6/2012 9:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Also roots your class to the ground for a full expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
Rigamortis Poison- it makes you hard (>_<)

how about a poison that reduces damage dealt to applier.

ye it would b like feral druids popin bear form
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Mana poison: Poisons the target, causing all attacks against the target to deal an additional 5% damage dealt as mana drain.

- Normally wouldn't make it so high, but casters seem to have infinite mana anyway.

Sleep poison: Poisons the target, causing a delayed sleep effect on them. After 7 seconds, the target will be put to sleep for 8 seconds. The buff regarding this poison cannot be viewed by the UI or combat log until the target is put to sleep. This ability can only be used in stealth and does not break stealth.

Poison mine: Places a mine on the ground which intoxicates the area with a deadly poison when stepped on. The poison deals heavy damage over time and slows the target by 50% while inside.

Glyph of poison mine: Causes the mine to create a small explosion, stunning targets who activate it for 3 seconds.

Sapping poison: Deals light damage to the enemy target, and also restores 5 energy every 2 seconds on the rogue. Shiv to instantly restore 20 energy and 20 rage/runic power/3% mana to all nearby allies.

- Honestly not too sure on that one. Helping allies seemed cool to me but I think just the energy by itself is fine.

Just some quick brainstorming on the idea. Nothing too serious though I do hope they get considered in some form.

edit: another idea

Delusive poison (or halucenigenic poison): Causes the target to suffer from delusions, screwing with their UI in some way (probably creating 'fake' copies of us and dropping target, but only visible to the person affected. cooldown ability)

There's probably a way to rework that into a proc% stacking poison too. like every 5 stacks it creates another fake copy of you. I'm not too picky, really, and for all I care it can reverse their movement directions. Just as long as it messes with the target.

Also I totally spelled that word wrong (you know which word) but I can't be bothered to look it up even though I should know the correct spelling.
Edited by Nanaya on 12/7/2012 12:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Explosive Poison:

Chance for your melee attacks to apply a stacking debuff on your target. Undispellable and stacks up to 10 times.

Shiv: Consumes your poison stacks and makes your poison explode, dealing damage to the poisoned target and knocking back other enemy targets one yard for each stack in a eight yard radius.

The idea here is not only to have somewhat controlled bust but have it work well with Smoke Bomb. You can lock your target down in a bomb and when people come in to help them, you can detonate the poison, knocking them back out.
Edited by Jadefang on 12/7/2012 1:23 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]