New Poison Ideas?

70 Undead Rogue
Poisoned Mind: For the next 10 seconds, your attacks will proc all available poisons.

IE You can get all MH and OH poisons procs up on one target for a short duration. (MH would proc both Deadly/Wound, OH would proc Mind Numbing/Crippling (and the others if you have them talented))

Not really a specific poison, but would be something to replace are pretty meh 90 talents.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
WoW a little harsh are we? Necrosis is what happens with certain snake bite where the poison causes cell structures to be consumed causing massive bleeding a result of Hemotoxin.

Did you know that this is caused by the poison starving the cells of oxygen.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
12/07/2012 12:10 AMPosted by Nanaya
Poison mine: Places a mine on the ground which intoxicates the area with a deadly poison when stepped on. The poison deals heavy damage over time and slows the target by 50% while inside.

OOOOH! I like this in most games its the Spy, Thief, Rogue class that lays traps, this would be great if we could drop a poison trap and not lose stealth...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
12/07/2012 04:14 AMPosted by Harland
Did you know that this is caused by the poison starving the cells of oxygen.

No... I was just throwing an idea out, I didn't expect to be met with an argument over semantics on the subject matter.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Lethargic Poison;

Slows the Melee attack speed by 15% and lowers the damage of the target by 4%
Edited by Homiejackson on 12/7/2012 5:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I was thinking of bringing Anesthetic poison with some new twist.

Anesthetic Poison- Utility poison, talent, 50% appliaction chance, duration 8-12 secs which ever turns out to be more balanced. When applied to the target slows their energy/rage/focus regen speed by 20%, removes enrage effects and prevents them from being activated but also reduces the damage the target takes by 15%. The Shiv effect is where the twist is however, Shiv effects the rogue not the target, the rogue stabs himself delivering a concentrated dose of the poison which dispells enrage's( so if he has bloodlust, the berseker power-up or hysteria it would dispell it) on him, reduces his energy regen by 20% but decreases all dmg taken by 50% for 5sec.

I think a tier of our talents should be dedicated to poisons having leeching, para, and this on the same teir so you can't get more then one of them as such I think para would need to be buffed to be a choice against this, or just nerf this is if it's too strong.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Rogue Blood- Every hit point gives the rogue more dodge/parry against the enemy targets attacks.

When rogue blood is shiv'd into the victims bloodstream it Imbues the infected with pure Rogue energy, making them invisible and unable to interact/battle with anything around them for 10 seconds.

A Rogues blood used as a weapon/poison!
Edited by Bustakeg on 12/7/2012 12:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
-OP Poison-

Instantly kills target regaurdless of HP amount. (Cannot be stacked)

-Shiv Effect-
Instantly kills target regaurdless of HP amount.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
If you're going to have a poison that just instantly kills someone, there has to be a trade off.

How about when you shiv the Death Poison, it takes 15 seconds for it to destroy your target. In that 15 seconds, the infected victim gains both a gain in resource regeneration and damage, by about 75%. They also can see through Stealth, but not Vanish.

I mean, rogues are supposed to be really good at avoiding things and getting away, so you should be able to hide from them for 15 seconds, right?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Mind Altering poison : Stacks up to 5 times. When 5 stacks are reached, the targets NEXT spell or ability used / casted will be random and not what they attempted to use / cast. This effect cannot occur more than 3 times per target every minute. Also can affect non class abilities like trinket use and bandages. During this time they also get a debuff called "Mind Altered" for 6 seconds.

If they try to use an ability or cast during the 6 seconds debuff of "Mind Altered", the effect continues. So they are forced to do nothing for 6 seconds, or risk blowing a random cool down.

For example lets say you get 5 stacks on me. I decide I want to bestial wrath, I press bestial wrath but my character uses deterrence ( chosen by the poisons proc ). I still have the bestial wrath cooldown but I now have prematurely blown a deterrence for example.
Edited by Raygar on 12/8/2012 2:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Lol Poison: Cause the target to laugh uncontrollably at your futile attempts to kill him, making his spit fly at all of his allies within a 10yd radius, applying your lethal poison to all affected and causing them to /lol at the rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
What about a cooldown that doubles the effects of all poisons for a period of time.

Poison of lethargy? - increases the gcd of their spells by an extra .25 seconds per stack, stacks 4 times? Just a thought. Don't see much pve use but whatever.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
say goodbye to gouge and blind
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
??? Poison (dunno what to call it.)

All instant cast spells/abilites have a .5 second cast time for 10 seconds. 3-4PPM

Shiv Effect: Causes opponents to have 2 GCD's be incurred with every ability for 4 seconds. (Or force a GCD that lasts 2x as long.)
Edited by Renwald on 12/9/2012 2:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Lethargy Poison (Non-lethal)
    50% chance to apply: "Induces extreme Fatigue* in the victim, reducing movement speed by 50% and limiting maximum movement speed** for 8 seconds."
    Shiv Effect: "Reduces the target's movement speed by 70% and applies 1 stack of Lethargy***. Upon reaching 3 stacks, the target is put to sleep for 4 seconds. Any damage dealt to the target other than your poison and bleed effects will awaken the target."

Replaces Crippling Poison.

*Name of the Poison debuff applied to target.
**Target cannot move faster than 100% of normal movement speed.
***Physical effect, undispellable. Cannot be removed by anything other than Diving Shield/Ice Block type effects. Lasts 15 seconds.
Edited by Pushßutton on 12/9/2012 6:36 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]