This Actually Matters.

90 Undead Priest
12/04/2012 08:26 AMPosted by Bestiarius
I do what I want. She was flirting back. She wouldn't have dressed like that if she didn't want it.

Sounds like this post was...

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

...Dressed to kill.

LOL

12/04/2012 08:47 AMPosted by Gurl
I go on forums to complain when I get blocked from ERP too.

Oh, you.
100 Goblin Hunter
Arielen smells bad.
90 Undead Priest
12/04/2012 08:55 AMPosted by Topsail
Arielen smells bad.

No, you.
100 Orc Warrior
At this rate we can use the barrel for making fresh beers.
90 Troll Mage
OP wants to put realism and game levels in the same reasoning? That isn't even possible.

He wanted a faint illusion of seeing boobies ingame, didn't have his way and wasn't clever enough to RP his way out. So, /duel, my EPICZ speak for me. Bad RPer and a waste of time.

Levels don't matter. Good RP does.
I decided to give the thread a read with a clear mind and absolutely zero judgment.

Now that I have read this, I can clearly relate to this topic.

(I'm on the left)

http://s1179.beta.photobucket.com/user/CapCarell/media/Levelsmatter.jpg.html

12/04/2012 09:02 AMPosted by Longteeth

Marry me.
Edited by Thokk on 12/4/2012 9:09 AM PST
90 Orc Shaman
I will say -since I gave my mind some more time to think and read some more of everyone's posts- that game mechanics do prevent a lot from happening from the interaction part (besides /duel). However, I don't think that EVERY single low level character can get their butt handed to them since they didn't take the time, away from RP, to level their character. Yes, as someone has recently stated, that quite a few low levels try to god-mode their way in a fight and then feel angry that they were defeated in whatever means. Or they try to kill a character who may have more experience than them. Buuutt, permission is always key (Hopefully you all won't give someone permission to kill your toon unless you really know them XD), and also deciding whether or not the person you're RPing with is a good RPer, or just someone who'se on a power trip (This more applies to the whole RP duel aspect rather than the kill one).

Of course, people don't have to fight, but there are times when RPers are attacked by others due to a reason (mostly drunkedness if at a tavern). But, at the same time, it's somewhat... rude? (Not too sure if that's the right word for this case) to say that someone can't RP because they are of a lower level. Now, I'm not saying that anyone has stated this, but, from what I can somewhat gather from this thread, it makes it a lot less fun to be a lower level than to be at the top. And, while some people prefer to level and RP, some people just want to RP and don't care about levels. Should they be penalized due to the stigma of other low level god-moders? I guess that is up to the individual of the person Rping with a low level RPer, and the low level RPer themself.

For the simplistic version (Due to me typing a whole lotta stuff), game mechanics should matter up to a point in my opinion, and it can describe the experience and trials a character has gone through. But, at the same time, I don't think RP needs to rely on it every single moment due to the confusing nature of questing and raids (since a lot of Rpers have not actually done the raids and quests ICly, if one thinks about it). But, uh, again, it's all a matter of opinion. And also trust, 'cause that's important too.

And not every low level has that ego problem, stating from experience. Hell, Cheru is the king? of fighting failure, so it doesn't surprise me anymore that he doesn't win any of the fights he might get himself in to. (I WILL say that I think I did used to have the ego problem back on my two other main RP characters on their realms, due to them being kinda, uh, super awesome sauce? -not really. But, that is also because I think out RP before it happens, so I tended to disappoint myself when something didn't happen similar to what I had envisioned. I'm getting better, I swear).

*Breathes some more, and crawls back into a hole.*
90 Troll Mage
Bad RP is the problem, no matter the level. Jerk being jerk against three blood elves just because he is LOL90 and so he can? Oh please. Getting to 90 and getting epics is hardly a feat anyway.

The low levels were right. No low level should god mode, no high level should play Superman.

Just don't be bad, problem solved.
100 Orc Warrior
I decided to give the thread a read with a clear mind and absolutely zero judgment.

(I'm on the left)

Marry me.

I will allow you to dally with elves on the side, but only if I approve of them.
100 Night Elf Rogue
We're not desirable role models.
90 Undead Priest
12/04/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Longteeth
I will allow you to dally with elves on the side, but only if I approve of them.

Can he dally with me?
12/04/2012 09:24 AMPosted by Arielen
Can he dally with me?

To be fair, Arielen served six tours under Borgg, the mightiest orc I've seen since Broxigar the Red.
100 Orc Warrior
12/04/2012 09:24 AMPosted by Arielen

Can he dally with me?

I'll send you the forms.
100 Worgen Death Knight
This Actually Doesn't Matter.
90 Blood Elf Priest
This.. thread. I'll have to wash my hands, but here we go.

It really doesn't matter. Not a bit.

If you want to LOLFACEROLL lowlevels, go poke Teldrassil, or something. Maybe server hop to an RP-PvP server? THEN it might matter.

I am not a so low level character, but I clearly am not about to bad mouth someone bigger than me, however I am not going to be walked on. I let the level matter only as far as content or ability is concerned. Am I damn good Priest that can heal the most fail of groups? I like to think so.

Is Rala that confident? No. No, he's pretty gooberish. Pretty.. and gooberish. Let the gameplay gimmicks affect only so much.

Clearly the OP is one of the few on here that is aptly classed. Brava. *slow golf clap*
90 Orc Rogue

(I'm on the left)

Marry me.

rofl cause its all that hard to work on a character in wow...
Edited by Eatmyblades on 12/4/2012 9:55 AM PST
100 Human Paladin
12/04/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Eatmyblades
roleplayed for 13 years eh? hmm lemme guess u think ur the strongest person on server if u are wearing a bigger gun and let me say this !@#$ seriously u waste molecules just tryin to prove ur dumbness roleplaying in general is just more of a special olympics for no one really wins.

I like your guild name.

Have you spoken to Adria about the mushroom yet?
99 Night Elf Death Knight
When I get into text-based fights, I do my best to think of it as putting on a show for others to watch. You notice how people are, more often than not, drawn to two people RP dueling, right? Well, that proves it gets attention quick.

Think of those awesome fight scenes you see in live-action movies, TV shows, and cartoons/anime, that just make you say, "Oh, !@#$." I try to get that effect off, myself, although 9 times out of 10 it doesn't work.

I partially agree with your dislike toward RP fights, but I partially disagree as well. It's true in one case that levels should play at least some part in RP fights. But it's also true that levels shouldn't mean anything. It's impossible to find a center between the two extremes, so all that's left to do is "go chameleon." Play their game, and hope that they know that in a fight, be it Real Life (hey, people always bring that up) or in Warcraft, both fighters are going to take their share of lumps. Even an untrained fighter can deal some damage, if the skilled person underestimates them too much.
71 Draenei Hunter
And this is one of the reasons I've been scared to get into roleplay more. I am afraid of being judged that I'm doing something the wrong way, as some people on this server seem to have a stick up their backside about things not done 100% their way - even if it is lore abiding.
Edited by Zhivontya on 12/4/2012 10:11 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]