Does not understand Garrosh hate.

10 Worgen Druid
Okay I can understand if you were rping a character why he would hate Garrosh because of this that and the other thing but why all the ooc hate? Really guys I mean think about it where would the Horde be without Garrosh now? Probably picking daisy or trying to make peace with the Alliance even though Varian obviously would rather just exterminate us all. To that I say No. Its the Horde people you know what the Horde does? We raid, pillage, conquer, and hunger for battle. That is what the Horde was originally and I personally like it that way.

Yes we have Tuaren but other than that race most of the Horde are quite hostile. Even the Blood elves are more likely to to incinerate a human, dwarf, night elf ect. than make friends with him. And Trolls man come on! Why did the Horde have to get the nicest trolls in azeroth?! really vol'jin is a puss compared to most trolls in my opinion. Most trolls would show ju somethin really scary before dey make jur head roll mon ju know? I know you want Vol'jin as warchief or just thrall back in there but honestly you all are going to miss good old Garrosh when the Horde becomes a bunch of pacifists.

I would also like to mention if either of those people become warchief please, please, please Blizzard don't let the Forsaken be subservient to the Horde anymore. I am tired of seeing Kor'kron overseers in place of abominations. What would really be awsome even though I know its never going to happen is a Forsaken Sin'dorie empire that controls what was once Lordaeron Quel'thalas and perhaps the Arthie Highlands and parts of the Alterac mountain range.
Edited by Walegar on 12/3/2012 2:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
12/03/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Walegar
Probably picking daisy or trying to make peace with the Alliance even though Varian obviously would rather just exterminate us all.

Troll thread.
Reply Quote
15 Human Priest
Okay I can understand if you were rping a character why he would hate Garrosh because of this that and the other thing but why all the ooc hate? Really guys I mean think about it where would the Horde be without Garrosh now? Probably picking daisy or trying to make peace with the Alliance even though Varian obviously would rather just exterminate us all.

You are aware of course that a vast majority of the confrontations between the Alliance and Horde have been started by the Horde? For the most part the Alliance doesn't give a damn about the Horde, until they attack us.

Its the Horde people you know what the Horde does? We raid, pillage, conquer, and hunger for battle. That is what the Horde was originally and I personally like it that way.

Before partaking in demon blood the Orcs weren't much different than the Tauren, a peaceful (for the most part) nomadic shamanistic society.
Reply Quote
96 Troll Shaman
12/03/2012 02:03 PMPosted by Mordstreich
Probably picking daisy or trying to make peace with the Alliance even though Varian obviously would rather just exterminate us all.

Troll thread.

Ya think?
Reply Quote
42 Draenei Mage
Not hating Garrosh requires you to look at the character in a nuanced light, and people on this forum don't like nuance.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Just stating the obvious for those who might fall for its ruse.

12/03/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Mirari
Not hating Garrosh requires you to look at the character in a nuanced light, and people on this forum don't like nuance.

Garrosh isn't a very nuanced character. Not only that, but Blizzard has made up their minds on how they want you to perceive him. Whether you do or don't is up to you, but even then that's open to interpretation.
Edited by Mordstreich on 12/3/2012 2:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
42 Draenei Mage

Garrosh isn't a very nuanced character. Not only that, but Blizzard has made up their minds on how they want you to perceive him. Whether you do or don't is up to you, but even then that's open to interpretation.

I never said he was, only that your perception needed to be. Which, again, people here don't like.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Garrosh is a turd and quite frankly a lore let down considering he's supposed to be WoW's connection to Grom.

Shoulda taken him a different direction.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
e raid, pillage, conquer, and hunger for battle
Sounds fun Thats why I joined
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/03/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Kellick

Troll thread.

Ya think?

Now it's a troll raid.

*stabs*
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I figure the hate originated from two camps. The pro-Thrall camp and the anti-Thrall camp. As Thrall began to slurp up all the Lore and leave none left for anyone else, the anti-Thrall camp grew increasingly dissatisfied with Thrall and their numbers swelled.

To appease this rising factions, Thrall was written out of Warchief position (by heaping accolades and powers upon him, natch) and Garrosh was elevated. However, this angered the pro-Thrall group who decided to hate Garrosh and everything he stood for. Unfortunately for Garrosh, the people in the anti-Thrall group aren't necessarily for Garrosh. They just don't like Thrall.

And so, as the rabble screeched and whinged, more people fell on the bandwagon and poor Garrosh was railroaded into the current mess.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
No, I don't believe that is the reason.

Much of Garrosh's character development was left out of the game, why Garrosh came to be what he is, came much later. When he showed up in WOTLK as a prominent character in Horde lore, he was a belligerent idiot. He constantly picked fights and disrespected everyone. He was a garbage person.

Then, we see him in Cataclysm and he as this all consuming notion that Orcs are GREAT and deserve to be on top of the world. So, he makes a bunch of harsh warlike decisions. Depending on your opinion of the faction conflict, this makes him a better or worse person. Most people, as it turns out, dislike the full-on faction war and prefer the skirmishes of Vanilla. For many people, the isolated incident of Krom'gar did not justify, or otherwise excuse him for what he was doing.

Despite that he was "fighting for his people", he was doing so because of 1) the mistakes of thrall, 2) Orcs just spoil for any chance to fight. So the Alliance and Alliance players who sympathize with Alliance over Horde are of course pissed at him. And Horde who want to remove themselves from a warlike image dislike him because he forces that image upon them.

Garrosh is, however, a sympathetic villain. Even up until the end it looks like he is doing what he is doing, albeit with extreme measures, for the good of his people. But his good intentions, like many, pave the way to hell. His idea of greatness is warped, further warped by the people he keeps around him.

I still don't sympathize with him though. He's a jerk, he's an idiot, and I hate his tiny head.

I wish Dryker was here, he makes criticizing Garrosh fun and educational.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Rogue
12/03/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Kellick

Troll thread.

Ya think?

For the Alliance!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Troll thread as it may be, I actually liked Garrosh prior to when they hit him with the villain bat because the writers were pulling him in so many different directions that it butchered the character.

Before Cata, I really couldn't see why everyone hated him so bad. Now? I really dislike him myself, and not because of his character actions or decisions, or even him as a character, I dislike him because of how Blizzard has ruined him to the point where they're just going to off him at the end of the expansion as a way to sweep away the mess they have made of him already.

In the process, they've taken him through yet another jarring flip character wise from impulsive, headstrong warrior-leader with a chip on his shoulder and much to learn and turned him into a bloodthirsty, dishonorable tyrant that will do whatever it takes to win.

So really I've given up on trying to like Garrosh, mainly because I don't know who the hell Garrosh is anymore after all the changes they've made to his character. They could have just built off of Cataclysm and made him a morally grey Warchief corrupted by power that most people hated and some still loved in a much more epic way, and I just feel he's wasted potential, as so many others stated.

^ This. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/03/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Mirari

I see the nuance. I get that the orcs were in a highly unfavorable place and that they needed to expand abit if they were ever going to flourish.

What makes no sense to me though is how Garrosh acts this way after growing up with Geyah and all the Mag'har.

Plus, blizz kept implying he'd get better or at least able to understand him better and instead it takes a lot of rationalization to see him as anything other than an idiot because of the way he's portrayed.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warlock
The Alliance doesn't care about the Horde until the Horde attacks them because, I don't know, the Alliance HAS EVERYTHING WORTH HAVING? I mean seriously. Look at what the Horde have. They have their most important city stranded in a desert, the leftover of a completely destroyed city (Lordaeron), another completely destroyed city (Silvermoon), and Thunder Bluff, which while nice, is hardly strategically positioned in any way.

Read Garrosh's story. You'll see why the Horde have to constantly attack the Alliance. If they didn't, they would no longer have any supplies (through Ashenvale).

As for Skytotem:

Garrosh doesn't act that way because Blizzard allowed itself to borrow from the lack of nuance that plagues this forum. Garrosh as a character no longer really makes sense.
Edited by Dotbots on 12/4/2012 8:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Thunderbluff is actually situated pretty well, Mulgore could have a lot of agriculture and development if the Tauren would let it happen.

12/04/2012 08:43 AMPosted by Dotbots
lack of nuance that plagues this forum.

Again, who besides Vyrin what are you talking about?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
12/04/2012 08:43 AMPosted by Dotbots
Read Garrosh's story. You'll see why the Horde have to constantly attack the Alliance. If they didn't, they would no longer have any supplies (through Ashenvale).

I have, and it still leaves me unconvinced because Azshara was directly north of their capital city and has plenty of trees and game. Night elves didn't care about it until the war picked up, hell, the Night elves would probably cheer at the fact the land of demons and naga and bad memories was cleared out.

Not only that, but Mulgore looks pretty fertile. For an expanding empire, you'd think they'd cultivate it and import crops from Mulgore to Orgrimmar. I can't imagine Tauren would have a problem with this because they changed from nomadic to stationary. Hell, one of their racials is Cultivation.

Most of this, lies at the feet of Thrall, who let's face it - wasn't fit to be a leader.
Edited by Mordstreich on 12/4/2012 8:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warlock
Thunderbluff is actually situated pretty well, Mulgore could have a lot of agriculture and development if the Tauren would let it happen.

lack of nuance that plagues this forum.

Again, who besides Vyrin what are you talking about?

Sorry. I'm just talking about Vyrin. Haha. No, but really, I don't mean consistent posters - I mean the people who come here once a month/two months to fanboy whatever is the flavor of the month for them.

TB could have a lot of development - but in terms of strategic positioning, not really (militarily).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't get all the Thrall hate. Everyone loved him before the Garrosh debacle. Garrosh would have been fine except Blizzard decided to take a dump on their lore. I hardly think you can hate on Thrall for this.

As you said Azshara was home to a ton of evil. Once that evil was cleared, the night elves came back to "save the trees," or whatever is their schtick these days. The Horde is using Azshara, but once again - we see a lot of night elves all over the place again.

As for TB, it takes a long, long time to transport goods from TB to Org.
Edited by Dotbots on 12/4/2012 9:03 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]