[Hotfix] Future Darkmoon Hatchlings are Rare

90 Blood Elf Paladin
https://twitter.com/mumper/status/275741504545370113
@MMOSimca Hold the presses! Turns out I misspoke, the hatching should be rare after all. Hotfix coming soon. Sorry for the confusion!

No word on whether or not it will be retroactive so hold on to your tokens for now if you haven't spent them.

Edit: Hotfix appears to be live (at least on two servers). If you're nervous to buy one (or your second), wait until after restarts tomorrow to be 100% sure.
Edited by Simca on 12/3/2012 9:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
They need to put a link to the twitter feeds around here somewhere.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The ones you buy now are rare. So far the one I bought yesterday is still uncommon though :(.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/03/2012 08:54 PMPosted by Vasala
The ones you buy now are rare. So far the one I bought yesterday is still uncommon though :(.

Thanks for the heads up, confirmed to be rare now on my realm as well.

http://i.imgur.com/5qyIj.png
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Here's hoping those of us who bought it on the first day aren't screwed :/
Reply Quote
28 Night Elf Hunter
I bought one for a friend whose birthday was yesterday... I would really hate it if his birthday gift is not upgraded. Though I suppose, I can always buy a new one if I have to. I still have plenty of tickets.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I dont want to have to get 90 tickets again... grr
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/03/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Ofire
I dont want to have to get 90 tickets again... grr

/sigh.

Feel the same way.
Reply Quote
81 Troll Priest
well look at it this way, now its rare in another way, as in you now have an unobtainable item.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/03/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Leni
Here's hoping those of us who bought it on the first day aren't screwed :/

I put in a GM ticket. I suggest you do as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Eh, I took a leap of faith and learned a second one, and it was rare lol
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Ugh I suppose I have to learn a second. Oh well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We seriously have to buy another one? Did they say they wouldn't make the uncommon ones rare? :(!!
Reply Quote
I'd already put in a ticket about my red cricket and sapphire cub, which are still uncommon and poor respectively. So I updated it to mention my Uncommon darkmoon hatchling as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/03/2012 10:23 PMPosted by Savras
well look at it this way, now its rare in another way, as in you now have an unobtainable item.

Nice try but no! Those of us who bought ours early shouldn't get screwed over.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
12/03/2012 11:46 PMPosted by Sesamee

At least you didn't use a stone to make it rare. Sigh....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/03/2012 11:52 PMPosted by Hearus

At least you didn't use a stone to make it rare. Sigh....

Ouch! :(

Maybe you could put in a ticket? That is if those of use who got ours early arent' intentionally left out of the hotfix.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/03/2012 11:57 PMPosted by Maladomini
Hi, so.. are those of us who already purchased a bugged item screwed with an uncommon quality or are you guys going to upgrade our learned pets.

Put in a gm ticket. That's what I did I'm hoping for a good response and someone ask Mumper if they can upgrade all hatchlings to rare quality.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/03/2012 11:36 PMPosted by Glenorda
I'd already put in a ticket about my red cricket and sapphire cub, which are still uncommon and poor respectively. So I updated it to mention my Uncommon darkmoon hatchling as well.

Ummm as far as I know the cricket and the cub are still random. They can be anything from poor to rare in quality. You may have better luck with your hatchling issue if it isn't buried in a ticket with things that are "working as intended."

Now, if something changed with the cricket and the cub in 5.1 i missed then i stand corrected, but pretty sure they are both still random quality.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]