Where did Tyrande need Mal's help?

90 Human Warrior
I was talking to Kyalin when I said that.

I see. Then I apologize for becoming hostile.

But do you see where I'm coming from? Many Night elf fans no longer like Malfurion because he just doesn't feel like a Night elf character anymore. He belongs in the neutral camp, and that's why some might become upset when it is implied he's their leader.

It'd be like if Tirion became the King of Stormwind.
Edited by Mordstreich on 12/4/2012 5:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I don't really. Malfurion is the embodiment of every angry vengeful Night Elf. Angry at Staghelm, angry at the Alliance, angry at Deathwing, angry at the Horde, even angry at his own people for not knowing better. He most likely sees all the petty conflicts going on and thinks how stupid they are for holding grudges even after they bonded together to protect the world tree during the Third War. After so many years of being trapped in the Emerald Dream he awoke to strife and war despite there being other more severe issues that the Alliance and Horde should have come together to quell.

For this speculative reason I think he remains largely neutral because he doesn't want to have to choose sides in this conflict.

Many important Horde lore figures have become neutral as well. Malfurion isn't the first. It's clearly alright that Hamuul Runetotem becomes a neutral character but god forbid that your druid progenitor has to become neutral too.
Edited by Royceweiss on 12/4/2012 5:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
89 Undead Warlock
Perhaps the Sulfuron Tower wasn't created by hand, but when began summoning the Elementals, the tower roared from the Firelands. Remember in Uldum, several Skywall Towers rose from the clouds, it's just like that.

Then, the Twilight's Hammer used the portal from the Firelands from some other unknown location, exiting in Hyjal and attacking the Cenarian Circle. They don't go through the rest of Kalimdor, they just get reinforcements from the Firelands. Until they were wiped out that is.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
One of the problems is that Malfurion is actually a really awsome and cool character but then Blizz came up and made him neutral. Im fine with him staying neutra, in fact right now i cant imagine him as a darnassus or alliance member despite of blizz efforts in doing so. I remember that calendar i guess it was that showed all factions leader and i was surprised to see tyrande nowhere in the map. It was Malfurion representing the night elves. How can he represent us when 1.- He was in the dream for 10.000 2.- He comes back and doesnt care for his people?

Blizz cant expect us to acknowledge him as a faction leader and a neutral figure at the same time.

Tyrande has done an awsome job leading her people without his help. It should stay that way and not make him be coleader. I think it's really time for blizzard to choose if they want him neutral or not.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/04/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Royceweiss
I don't really. Malfurion is the embodiment of every angry vengeful Night Elf.

No.

He most likely sees all the petty conflicts

Oh yeah, that defending themselves from the Horde thing. Insanely petty. Should have just let the Horde have their way and then cry in Darnassus about it.

even angry at his own people for not knowing better.

The same people who made up the majority of the defense of Hyjal. THOSE WHACKY NIGHT ELVES, WHEN WILL THEY EVER LEARN

It's clearly alright that Hamuul Runetotem becomes a neutral character but god forbid that your druid progenitor has to become neutral too.

Hamuul was never anyone important, sorry to burst that bubble.

And once again, other people have other opinions. Lots of folks don't like that Thrall went neutral either.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 05:24 PMPosted by Mordstreich
I don't really. Malfurion is the embodiment of every angry vengeful Night Elf.

No.

He most likely sees all the petty conflicts

Oh yeah, that defending themselves from the Horde thing. Insanely petty. Should have just let the Horde have their way and then cry in Darnassus about it.

even angry at his own people for not knowing better.

The same people who made up the majority of the defense of Hyjal. THOSE WHACKY NIGHT ELVES, WHEN WILL THEY EVER LEARN

It's clearly alright that Hamuul Runetotem becomes a neutral character but god forbid that your druid progenitor has to become neutral too.

Hamuul was never anyone important, sorry to burst that bubble.

And once again, other people have other opinions. Lots of folks don't like that Thrall went neutral either.
Yeeeah.. This is why I said I was done. Hamuul is ONLY the arch druid of Thunder Bluff. The highest ranked Tauren in the Cenarion Circle and a leading member of his people. Good job.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/04/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Royceweiss
Yeeeah.. This is why I said I was done. Hamuul is ONLY the arch druid of Thunder Bluff. The highest ranked Tauren in the Cenarion Circle and a leading member of his people. Good job.

But at least he has been in contact with tauren and in thunder bluff. HE really is a part of them not like Malfurion that all he does is demand night elves help for the greater good and has not return the favor to Nelven society. In all his might or whatever he can at least fly to ashenvale and i dont know... do something if not to stop the war and kill orcs to at least give his people time to regain breath then he can go back to hyjal and not care for elves.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Hamuul is ONLY the arch druid of Thunder Bluff. The highest ranked Tauren in the Cenarion Circle and a leading member of his people

Spoiler alert: He did very, very little prior to Cataclysm when he became a big player, unless I'm forgetting something within that time. He was not a significant part of the story in any shape or form. And if I recall, not even Tauren druids interacted with him often.

Yeeeah.. This is why I said I was done.

Then stop posting. We don't need any neutral minded bigots who believe the best way to peace is simple aversion to any and all contention, brushing off any conflict as petty, and believing themselves higher than it all. That is what you have proven yourself to be here in this thread.
Edited by Mordstreich on 12/4/2012 5:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Really tired of the patronizing of the night elf fan base.

Is it that unreasonable to say

Tyrande needs to have an independent, quality story from Malfurion? Or if she is tied to him, develop their story as a couple rather than let him have adventures away from her?

That Night Elves should be giving, equal members of the Alliance rather than sidekicks or damsels in distress? Or if they have to be sidekicks or need to be saved, give a natural reason for it? Gnomes, and Worgen lost their cities, and the Draenei crash landed.

That Night Elves should be able to be themselves, which means being fierce savages or cold, distant fighters? Or if that taints the Alliance because they have to be noble, lawful good knights in shining armor, replace them with High Elves?

Is it hard to get those points across because people fixate on the attitude of players or are unable to seperate valid points with the attitude? Or are we not allowed to criticize Blizzard on their story?

As for the OP, the story went like this, Tyrande could've killed the naga, but it was easier to sneak past them (proving that she isn't a 24/7 impulsive leader). Then Malfurion comes crashing in and kills the naga before the two team up. If Malfurion was going to do that, why couldn't Tyrande just knock some heads around?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Noitora I didn't mention anything about lawful good Knights. Actually nobody has mentioned such a thing in this thread. They mentioned giving Night Elves better treatment and their leaders...

Heck I think going for extremes for something isn't the way to go.
Edited by Lorthuron on 12/4/2012 5:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
89 Undead Warlock
12/04/2012 05:34 PMPosted by Mordstreich
Spoiler alert: He did very, very little prior to Cataclysm when he became a big player, unless I'm forgetting something within that time. He was not a significant part of the story in any shape or form. And if I recall, not even Tauren druids interacted with him often.

He wasn't a Druid Questgiver, just a regular one, his early quests were about the Wailing Caverns, and later quests were about Un'Goro Crater. He was also involved with the Comics, and the Council of Tirisfal. And Stormrage, he was an major character.
Reply Quote
Hamuul is ONLY the arch druid of Thunder Bluff. The highest ranked Tauren in the Cenarion Circle and a leading member of his people

Yeeeah.. This is why I said I was done.

Then stop posting. We don't need any neutral minded bigots who believe the best way to peace is simple aversion to any and all violence, brushing off any conflict as petty, and believing themselves higher than it all. That is what you have proven yourself to be here in this thread.
pet·ty
/ˈpetē/
Adjective

Of little importance; trivial.
(of behavior) Characterized by an undue concern for trivial matters, esp. in a small-minded or spiteful way.

It's petty because there are Old Gods brainwashing people, dragons torching the earth, demons eyeballing Azeroth, and evil villains plotting world domination. HURRDURR. OUR RACIAL DIFFERENCES ARE WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN RAGNAROS OR DEATH WING OR N'ZOTH.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Hamuul

I thought we weren't mudslinging. Whatever. Have fun with your vapid uninformed opinions.
Edited by Royceweiss on 12/4/2012 5:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It's never petty when people are dying, you can talk to Leyara about just how petty it was that she lost the only family she had left to an enemy that wasn't Old Gods, crazy cultists, nor fire elementals.
Edited by Grimtale on 12/4/2012 5:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/04/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Grimtale
It's never petty when people are dying, you can talk to Leyara about just how petty it was that she lost the only family she had left to an enemy that wasn't Old Gods, crazy cultists, nor fire elementals.

It's not so much it's petty it's...foolish to fight this war at least before Tides of War. Now..all bets are off.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Yes, the causes of the war were petty.

However, defending yourself against warmongering aggressors isn't. "How dare you waste time defending yourselves and your sacred ancestral homeland" makes no sense.

Also, Malfurion is the first mortal druid and is tremendously important to the history of Azeroth.

Prior to Cata, Hamuul convinced Thrall to let the Forsaken into the Horde, then hung out with Varian a little when he was a slave.

They might serve the same role for their factions, but they are not on the same level.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/04/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Royceweiss

Then stop posting. We don't need any neutral minded bigots who believe the best way to peace is simple aversion to any and all violence, brushing off any conflict as petty, and believing themselves higher than it all. That is what you have proven yourself to be here in this thread.
pet·ty
/ˈpetē/
Adjective

Of little importance; trivial.
(of behavior) Characterized by an undue concern for trivial matters, esp. in a small-minded or spiteful way.

It's petty because there are Old Gods brainwashing people, dragons torching the earth, demons eyeballing Azeroth, and evil villains plotting world domination. HURRDURR. OUR RACIAL DIFFERENCES ARE WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN RAGNAROS OR DEATH WING OR N'ZOTH.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Hamuul

I thought we weren't mudslinging. Whatever. Have fun with your vapid uninformed opinions.

It isn't trivial or of little importance when family is dying, when artifacts are corrupted be demonic energy, when land is being stolen, and when people are being poisoned. All of which the Horde was actively doing before Theramore. In Ashenvale.

Have been since Vanilla.

It doesn't matter if an Old God kills Night Elves or if the Horde does. The end result is still dead Night Elves. And the difference between Runetotem and Malfurion (despite the obvious character importance) is that Runetotem is still actively Horde. He helps the Horde in military struggles against the Alliance, he was an advisor to Thrall, and like all Horde "neutral" characters, was still very plainly Horde.

Malfurion, on the other hand, has been canonically stated to care more about his powers than his people.. .Like most Night Elven druids. Sounsd rather familiar, doesn't it?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
12/04/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Royceweiss

Yes but it's now past all of these events and Malfurion still does nothing. N'zoth everyone has pretty much forgotten about and if you're talking about a second coming of the burning legion and not the BC expansion no one even knows about this except for Wrathion who MAY have hinted at it. But in general no one in lore is third person omniscient.

As for the short story, Malfurion wasn't too keen on going to save his daughter either. Love for family is not petty. He should not have been as opposed to the idea of looking for Shandris unless he doesn't think the conflicts are petty but he sincerely just doesn't give a crap.
Edited by Ondor on 12/4/2012 6:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/04/2012 06:22 PMPosted by Ondor

Yes but it's now past all of these events and Malfurion still does nothing. N'zoth everyone has pretty much forgotten about and if you're talking about a second coming of the burning legion and not the BC expansion no one even knows about this except for Wrathion who MAY have hinted at it. But in general no one in lore is third person omniscient.

As for the short story, Malfurion wasn't too keen on going to save his daughter either. Love for family is not petty. He should not have been as opposed to the idea of looking for Shandris unless he doesn't think the conflicts are petty but he sincerely just doesn't give a crap.

But that's the thing.. Malfurion gets a pass because the "war is petty" in other peoples eyes, but they don't acknowledge that the Night Elves (or the Alliance, if you will) end up dead either way by not fighting the Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/04/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Ferlion
But that's the thing.. Malfurion gets a pass because the "war is petty" in other peoples eyes, but they don't acknowledge that the Night Elves (or the Alliance, if you will) end up dead either way by not fighting the Horde.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]