Where did Tyrande need Mal's help?

90 Human Warrior
12/04/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Tessa
I thought we weren't mudslinging. Whatever. Have fun with your vapid uninformed opinions.

1. You're a self righteous douche. You wouldn't happen to be Chris Metzen, would you?

2. Do explain how the night elves defending themselves against the Horde is petty. I'd really love to hear it.

You shouldn't be insulting the poster. Really you're only proving her point.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
What Malfurion fails to unerstand (therefore blizzard) is that it's way to absurd that Mal refuses to help night elves. If Mal wants the aid of the night elves in "more importan things" rather that defending themselves and staying alive, how is he supposed to fight his more important matters with dead night elves? It's only logical that he should be saveguarding his homeland and his people to assure their support in later "greater good conflicts" Is that so hard to understand?
Reply Quote
42 Draenei Mage
12/04/2012 06:55 PMPosted by Nightlighter
What Malfurion fails to unerstand (therefore blizzard) is that it's way to absurd that Mal refuses to help night elves. If Mal wants the aid of the night elves in "more importan things" rather that defending themselves and staying alive, how is he supposed to fight his more important matters with dead night elves? It's only logical that he should be saveguarding his homeland and his people to assure their support in later "greater good conflicts" Is that so hard to understand?

Seems pretty clear that Malfurion just straight up doesn't like the night elves. Demands their help for these 'greater threats'. Avoids helping them outright in any fashion even when it involves lands he's supposed to protect. Damned them over at Hyjal to 'teach them a lesson'?

This might be his way at 'getting back' at his wife for some of their disagreements.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid

Seems pretty clear that Malfurion just straight up doesn't like the night elves. Demands their help for these 'greater threats'. Avoids helping them outright in any fashion even when it involves lands he's supposed to protect. Damned them over at Hyjal to 'teach them a lesson'?

This might be his way at 'getting back' at his wife for some of their disagreements.

Why do you think he was so harsh towards Illidan?

Dudes totally insecure about his relationship with Tyrande. I mean, with the canon version of WotA, Illidan was imprisoned in a hell hole so bad that giant spiders were allowed to eat prisoners for 10,000 years for killing two people and creating a new Well of Eternity.. That's...Really kind of harsh. Unless of course the reason he was imprisoned is so Tyrande didn't realize how big of a douche Malfurion was for sleeping all day and night. Ignoring her needs.

And then, what happens in WC3? Illidan is released, pronounces his continued love for Tyrande, helps save the planet, and malfurion? Lol, banished bro.. Can't have you hanging round mah lady before I go nap nap again.

The rest of the Night Elves are the same way. He know's she would choose them over him, and he's scared over it. That's why he tried to stop her from saving Shandris in Seeds of Faith. Another competitor off the books.

Only, she chose to save Shandris, so what's he do? Interfere to make it look like HE was the big hero, instead of Tyrande.. Trying to make it seem like she just wasn't good enough to save Shandris, thus dimming some of the zeal.
Edited by Ferlion on 12/4/2012 7:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I think it's... a Writer's oversight. Like they were writing Malfurion to be at Hyjal and be worried about it but then they forgot about Ashenvale where...Malfurion..in character SHOULD care about Ashenvale.

@Ferlion: I always imagined an alternate universe where Illidan was the good brother and Malfurion was the ....jackass.
Edited by Lorthuron on 12/4/2012 7:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
I think it's... a Writer's oversight. Like they were writing Malfurion to be at Hyjal and be worried about it but then they forgot about Ashenvale where...Malfurion..in character SHOULD care about Ashenvale.

@Ferlion: I always imagined an alternate universe where Illidan was the good brother and Malfurion was the ....jackass.

You mean like the oversight where Blizzard has him unattackable in Darnassus?

And Illidan WAS the good brother. War of the Ancients had Illidan go out of his way several times for Malfurion.

Not only saving his hide, but the INSTANT he knew Tyrande chose Malfurion, he backed off of her (though he also made it clear he did have feelings for her, he never tried to woo or pursue her after that.) He also supported Malfurion's path, even if he thought his offered more power.

Malfurion on the other hand? Illidan's path is reckless! Ohh, My brother has the hots for this chick? Yeah, I'ma take her. Ohh, my brother who's totally gone evil didn't kill me? Well, yeah.. Ok, flags should be going off that he's got a plan, but.. uhh... I can't trust him. He's daevilz.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

And Illidan WAS the good brother. War of the Ancients had Illidan go out of his way several times for Malfurion.

Not only saving his hide, but the INSTANT he knew Tyrande chose Malfurion, he backed off of her (though he also made it clear he did have feelings for her, he never tried to woo or pursue her after that.) He also supported Malfurion's path, even if he thought his offered more power.

Malfurion on the other hand? Illidan's path is reckless! Ohh, My brother has the hots for this chick? Yeah, I'ma take her. Ohh, my brother who's totally gone evil didn't kill me? Well, yeah.. Ok, flags should be going off that he's got a plan, but.. uhh... I can't trust him. He's daevilz.

*Sighs* Stop making me laugh. I didn't read the WOTA books and I'm...reluctant to since it's...Knaack and all that. What I meant was Malfurion turned to be the one who went down the edge and fall from Grace. Illidan would be with Tyrande and Malfurion...basically where Illidan was in a way.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid

*Sighs* Stop making me laugh. I didn't read the WOTA books and I'm...reluctant to since it's...Knaack and all that. What I meant was Malfurion turned to be the one who went down the edge and fall from Grace. Illidan would be with Tyrande and Malfurion...basically where Illidan was in a way.

War of the Ancients isn't anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be. Knaak himself isn't as bad as people make him out to be, when he has creative control.

Day of the Dragon was largely enjoyed by the fan base, and it's also the only book Knaak had full creative control on as far as plot, characters and stuff like that.

Stormrage on the other hand, was quite possibly THE best Warcraft book bar none.....until you got halfway though the book, and Malfurion and Tyrande stopped being manipulitive and clever and started being "LOL GOD MODE DRUIDISM AND JUST STRAIGHT UP GOD POWERS"

Also....

Malfurion DID follow the same path as Illidan, just no one has called him on it yet.

I mean, left his wife and people for 10,000 years to study his magic arts. Pushes his opinions on said magical arts on other people. Cares more about his magical arts than his people...

He's like, quite literally the same person, only with Druidism instead of Arcane....And, the sad thing is, Arcane is actually addictive, wheras Druidism isn't.. So Illidan was fueled by Addiction to be a douche... Malfurion is just a douche...

But, that's actually pretty cool, because Illidan and Malfurion both work really well when they have each other to contrast each other, and tend to fall flat otherwise..
Edited by Ferlion on 12/4/2012 8:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
42 Draenei Mage

What do you mean alternate universe? Sounds about right for the current version.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
What do you mean alternate universe? Sounds about right for the current version.

Illidan would be the druid..or rather good guy Malfurion would be...jerk...Sorcerrer and such.

@Fer: I'll put his books on X-mas list then.
Reply Quote
49 Human Warlock
yeah malfurion cares so little about the night elves that he single handedly (until he could call for help.) stopped a huge chunk of night elf land with a huge amount of night elves living on it from falling into the ocean. he then proceed to stop the destruction of the world including nightelves which he obviously cares nothing about /sarcasm.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
12/05/2012 12:04 AMPosted by Listinna
yeah malfurion cares so little about the night elves that he single handedly (until he could call for help.) stopped a huge chunk of night elf land with a huge amount of night elves living on it from falling into the ocean. he then proceed to stop the destruction of the world including nightelves which he obviously cares nothing about /sarcasm.

Because surely someone who cares more about nature than his people would....you know...stop an entire chunk of the continent from sinking into the ocean, completely destroying the ecosystem.

Because it's already been stated in the novels Malfurion and the Druids cared more about nature than the people.
Edited by Ferlion on 12/5/2012 12:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
49 Human Warlock

Because surely someone who cares more about nature than his people would....you know...stop an entire chunk of the continent from sinking into the ocean, completely destroying the ecosystem.

Because it's already been stated in the novels Malfurion and the Druids cared more about nature than the people.

i have seen your interpretation of novels way too many times to give this any credability.
even if it were true caring more about nature doesn't equal not caring about night elve. real world analysis of that makes him a terrible leader is unapplicable as azeroth nature interacts with it's people differently then real world nature. in azeroth caring more about nature tends to get less people killed then not caring about it.
Edited by Listinna on 12/5/2012 12:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
i have seen your interpretation of novels way too many time to give this any credibility.

i have seen your interpretation of novels way too many times to give this any credability.
even if it were true caring more about nature doesn't equal not caring about night elve. real world analysis of that makes him a terrible leader is unapplicable as azeroth nature interacts with it's people differently then real world nature. in azeroth caring more about nature tends to get less people killed then not caring about it.

/rollseyes.

No, it doesn't by the way.

Case and point? Worgen. Rod of Dartol. All the other various plot points that show that Druidism is just as dangerous as Arcane!

But, uhh. In case your wondering, Jarod flat out said that's why he left Night Elf society, and even Ysera said that the Malfurion slept to much in the dream..

And, outside of the dimwitted comment I pull when I'm pissed off in Wolfheart, my view on novels is pretty accurate, like it or not.

So, screw off and have a horrible day?
Edited by Ferlion on 12/5/2012 12:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
if your going to bother replying please try harder other wise you only make your self look worse.

Be still my beating heart, I may look bad on an internet forum.

How will I ever get by?

On a more serious note, instead of "lol try harder lol" respond to my examples and have a discussion. K, champ?
Edited by Ferlion on 12/5/2012 12:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
49 Human Warlock
yeah i have seen your intrepretation of novels and you telling me your accurate doesn't do squat to change that. so he made a mistake it's called being flawed hardly makes him uncaring especually when he didn;t know ysera would of been fine with him leaving. and jarood is infailable now huh?
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
12/05/2012 12:49 AMPosted by Listinna
yeah i have seen your intrepretation of novels and you telling me your accurate doesn't do squat to change that. so he made a mistake it's called being flawed hardly makes him uncaring especually when he didn;t know ysera would of been fine with him leaving. and jarood is infailable now huh?

It's also the Alliance getting pissed off at the Night Elf druids for not helping other Night Elves. And the fact he turned down immortality.. And the fact that he was going to leave his wife's daughter to die. And a few other facts that back up that statement.

So yeah, between nature and his people, he cares more about nature. So he shouldn't be leading his people, because he doesn't have their best interests at heart.

And you saying my interpretation of novels are not credible don't make that so either, so have fun with that?

I'll be over here though, in the group that pretty much accepts Malfurion is a douchebag who really shouldnt have crap to do with the playable Night Elves and you can be over there, on the other side of the fence, and we can at least act like we are friendly neighbors..

People do it all around the world, all the time.. Just, don't keep my mail.
Edited by Ferlion on 12/5/2012 12:54 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]