Druid courtesy

100 Night Elf Druid
12/04/2012 11:36 PMPosted by Eoten
Unfortunately, I haven't experienced the same courtesy from Alliance. In fact, ironically enough, I"ve notied the alliance on my server are MUCH more aggressive than the horde. I've always been under the impression that "the lion only eats when it's hungry" and that the alliance is more about defense and keeping the peace, horde is more aggressive. Certainly not what I've experienced, druids or not.

Depends on the server - and generally the proportion of ally : horde.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/05/2012 12:57 AMPosted by Taswind
Depends on the server - and generally the proportion of ally : horde.

^

I don't typically attack anyone because I suck at PvP and don't like starting something I'm very likely to lose. But I usually try to go out of my way to help other druids, even horde ones. Won't steal nodes, sometimes will dot up their mobs for them, etc.

There definitely used to be more to the druid code. But every so often I'll still run across a horde druid who will /dance with me. Pretty sure I get attacked less by druids than any other class, though.

It gets worse whenever we go through a FotM cycle, because lots of people who only care about being good in PvE/PvP flood the class and don't care about its history.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I remember this being the case back in Vanilla and TBC, but now...

Red is dead.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I never attack other druids first. Sometimes the other druid attacks me and then of course I fight back. But I remember circling around other druids in flight form and bear dancing with other druids when we ran into each other in the wild.

I also might have made some lowbie druids petrified by planting mushrooms around a neutral questgiver...but I never, ever, detonated them. At least not until a mage showed up.

The /dance off with horde as a bear was always fun! and /purr in kitty form if i came across a tauren!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/04/2012 05:45 PMPosted by Marvickk
I will say I still make it a point not to take gathering nodes or rare mobs from other druids. I will even help out a druid from a different faction kill a rare mob if he got to it first.

Same here. Very biased towards fellow druids lol. Not on a pvp server so I can't claim I don't attack fellow druids. Though on my server, the horde did enjoy flagging themselves and standing on quest givers and big time vendors, especially in half hill. I don't think I ever saw a druid do it. Usually was a death knight or warrior, saw a priest and a mage do it once but a few ally DKs death gripped the squishies until they were clear of the guards and pummeled them XD
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I want to see a Druid without Know Your Class. Lol.

I don't recall going out of my way to fight a Druid, so I enjoy this idea.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I want to see a Druid without Know Your Class. Lol.

I don't recall going out of my way to fight a Druid, so I enjoy this idea.

Problem is with that, if you are in a BG and someone else kills a druid, you get the blame (and achieve too) by being near it
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Zen
I remember prowling in the bushes of moonglade, spying on all the freshly level 18 NE druids. Of course I'd never attack such elegant creatures! Damn sexy too.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Still following the Druid code here. More often than not a Druid from the opposing faction will emote something friendly or ignore me rather than start a fight.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
12/08/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Ashstar
Still following the Druid code here. More often than not a Druid from the opposing faction will emote something friendly or ignore me rather than start a fight.

Same. I even try to help fellow druids, though I don't expect the same (and its a crapshoot whether I get it). I've been ganked on lowbie druids by level-capped druids, and I've had them /wave at me and go on their way. It really all depends.

I've got a special place in my heart for the druid class, and anyone who picks it gets a free pass from me. Durids is 4 frends!
Edited by Snuzzle on 12/8/2012 1:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I think that the reason that we are seeing more druids ganking other druids(on a lowbie I've had it happen a lot) is that it is easier than ever to level a new class, so most of those level capped druids aren't true druids and therefore don't understand.
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Druid
Back in the day when a NE Druid and a Tauren Druid came face to face it always ended in a dance contest lol.

We are Druids 1st and everything else second! Never strike down your brother! Never forget what we are!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah back in vanilla/BC, in Moonglade there was hardly any druid on druid violence. It seems to have lessened throughout the expansions. There were always more attacks just wondering about the world, and in BGs you need to or else you'll lose. But yes, druids in WoW have always had this innate respect for each other. It's maybe something about the character that attracts people who RP just a tad when it comes to this class.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have always hated Horde drurids.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I remember very well the old druid truce. That seemed to end around mid-wrath when the game got completely cluttered with angsty little kids, you know, those kids who originally only played to level 20 or so and then quit because the game was too hard?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
As most people have said, it really went away towards the end of TBC. The bulk of the "unspoken agreement" between druids wasn't so much the fact that there was any kind of truce, just a general surprise at a level-capped druid other than yourself. I could count on one hand the number of good druid mains on my old server, so it was more of a thing of respect. I can say that usually after the dance party there'd be "duels" where you waited for the other person to signal they were ready before beginning.

I also had this thing where, if I encounter a druid in the wild I would take a screenshot of us lying next to each other. I've got a few of them floating around somewhere on my backup harddrive.

But this was back when you feral'd as resto and resto'd as feral. So I doubt many druids from those days are still around.

Fun fact: Rejuv/Regrowth couldn't stack so more than one resto was pointless beyond being an innervate bot which was why you went resto as a feral. For healing purposes it was better to be feral for Heart of the Wild which gave 20% increased intellect and downrank your Healing Touch so that the druid with the most spellpower could act as the rejuv/regr bot.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
ALAMOES COMPLEET DURID INSTURCKSHUN!

http://www.wowwiki.com/Alamo
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid
I play three druid (two tauren, one elf, leveled the elf in Wrath) and this guy has been my main since early BC.

I very well remember the "furry fraternity" truce... especially in Moonglade, but which at least in my memory extended throughout BC, mostly friendly waves and very few attacks (granted, I am on an RP-PvP server).

Druids went from being the rarest class to fairly well represented by mid Wrath, especially via a large influx of "fotm" club PvP-ers, and from then on, the truce was over. Bring in Worgen and Troll re-rollers, and druids are just another class.

My personal pet-peeve is getting attacked in Moonglade or elsewhere, while sporting my "Guardian of Cenarius" title.... by another player also sporting that same title... really gets my 100% organic cotton knickers in a twist ;)
Edited by Tokhar on 12/10/2012 8:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid
As most people have said, it really went away towards the end of TBC. The bulk of the "unspoken agreement" between druids wasn't so much the fact that there was any kind of truce, just a general surprise at a level-capped druid other than yourself....

But this was back when you feral'd as resto and resto'd as feral. So I doubt many druids from those days are still around.

Fun fact: Rejuv/Regrowth couldn't stack so more than one resto was pointless beyond being an innervate bot which was why you went resto as a feral. For healing purposes it was better to be feral for Heart of the Wild which gave 20% increased intellect and downrank your Healing Touch so that the druid with the most spellpower could act as the rejuv/regr bot.

^ and what he said. good times.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
The only time I noticed druids being so nice to each other was right when bgs finally came out, before AB it was just a massive multi day fight in AV and your fast passed flag capping/HK farming WSGs. Druids would always run the flag easily and the other ones would just watch and never attack. Myself included, I usually just hibernated them lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]