build a pc question

5 Night Elf Rogue
Anyone got any ideas of build a better pc then the XPS dell desktop or would build my own would be a good idea?

So if i going to build my own pc i need to get a full tower right?I not sure what hardware would be good?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Do you need to get a full tower? No, not if you don't want one.

Would it be a good idea? I don't know, since I don't know you, but if you're comfortable with your technical skills, sure, it's possible. I don't think it's really any harder than putting together a Lego set.

If you want to know what hardware would be worthwhile, there's a very helpful guide in this forum.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6934365605

If you have any questions, you can just ask, and we can deliver answers.
Reply Quote
5 Night Elf Rogue
I just want to make sure i get the right tower so everything would have the space for it:)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
You'd need to have some rather extensive hardware needs to require a Full tower.

Sure, you probably don't want to get an ITX or Micro-ATX case, but a common size is enough for most everybody.

But there's nothing wrong with getting a larger tower, if that's what you want.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My favorite thing about Full Towers is the simple fact that it's sooooooo much easier to route cabling & such. If you have big hands, for example, or iffy hand-eye coordination (OR if you drank too much coffee & you're a bit jittery now) more space in your case is so nice. But pretty much any computer part outside of a few beefcake heatsinks can be installed just fine in any Mid Tower. Basically, you'll swear less when building a Full Tower vs a Mid Tower...and *that* might be worth it! :D
Edited by Drainbow on 12/4/2012 6:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/04/2012 06:24 PMPosted by Chelsí
I just got a HAF 932 blue edition. It's awesome!

Zomg Chelsi we agree on something!!!!

Yeah the Cooler Master HAF series are sooooooooo awesome, be it the 932 or HAF X 942 (I got the 942...bigger side window!) Can't go wrong either way.
Edited by Drainbow on 12/4/2012 6:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I third the Coolermaster HAF 932. You certainly don't have to go full tower; I have seem some gorgeous and clean mid tower builds, but I like having the extra space inside for expandability and access.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]