A to H ratio on Ravenholdt...

90 Orc Death Knight
Been awhile as I mainly play Alliance on VeCo, but want to start playing a bit more Horde side over here on my Horde haven, Ravenholdt (how's THAT for alliteration AND assonance?).

Just curious, since I haven't been here in awhile...

What's the current Alliance to Horde ratio these days?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Been awhile as I mainly play Alliance on VeCo, but want to start playing a bit more Horde side over here on my Horde haven, Ravenholdt (how's THAT for alliteration AND assonance?).

Just curious, since I haven't been here in awhile...

What's the current Alliance to Horde ratio these days?

H:More
A:Less and dropping every day
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
According to WoW progress, which measures the population that is
A) Level 90
B) Raiding(has killed something in T13)

We come up with a H1/0.50A Ratio.
Which is quite a horrible ratio really.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Shahad, you said 2 horde to 1 alliance? That IS Pretty bad, for alliance anyway. The total population of significant characters right now is only around 1800 though, does that seem correct?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Not to bad according to the census.

Link:
http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=734&reset=RESET&factionid=-1&minlevel=10&maxlevel=90&servertypeid=-1
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
That would indeed seem correct. This means that there are approximately 600 active Alliance for 1200 active Horde. Which is quite troubling.

Also, Warcraftcensus is not reliable due to too few entries, and shows a 2.8:1 Horde to Alliance Ratio. Which is even worse than the sad ration from wowprogress. So I don't see how you can say it's "not bad".
Edited by Shahad on 12/2/2012 11:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
I imagine you suffered significant losses when all of the team muffin rogues simultaneously unsubscribed.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
12/02/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Shahad
So I don't see how you can say it's "not bad".

Not bad FOR HER.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
We are looking at the same link right?

Total Alliance: 1,998,240 - 55%
Total Horde: 1,637,658 - 45%
A to H Ratio: 1.2 : 1

A tiny .2 difference... that's nothing! I live with these Hordes and believe me the scales would have to be tipped far more for us to be any actual threat to you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
You linked overall population. Across all realms. Your numbers are worthless.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
When I went to Warcraft realms and filtered for JUST Ravenholdt, levels 85-90 Alliance and Horde, I got the following in big, red letters:

There are too few Alliance and Horde entries for this realm to give reliable results!

The numbers looked something like:

Online Date: 2006-12-14
Total Characters: 1,299
Showing Guild: All
Total Alliance: 519 - 40%
Total Horde: 780 - 60%
A to H Ratio: 1 : 1.5
Activity Ratio: 1 : 1.5
2 : 0*
* Number of entries in last 30 days
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
As I already stated, warcraftrealms isn't reliable due to the small number of entries.

I filtered using only level 90s, since they are the characters who are actually active at this point, showing a 2.8 : 1 ratio.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
According to WoW progress, which measures the population that is
A) Level 90
B) Raiding(has killed something in T1

That is an absolutely horrible metric for an RPPVP server.

Alliance PVE is almost nonexistant, even moreso than horde's and Ravenholdt is already a fairly backwater server.

Can you filter WoW Progress for JUST level 90?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
It would not appear so.
But wow.realmpop.com seems to have more accurate results and it also shows a 2 : 1 ratio(or something close to that), indicating that the percentage of raiders on Horde and Alliance is sensibly the same. Alliance PvE is much less progressed and flourishing because of the overall smaller population.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/02/2012 05:44 PMPosted by Shahad
Alliance PvE is much less progressed and flourishing because of the overall smaller population.

Oh, definitely.

I just think that the % of alliance who raid is an even smaller fraction of their overall population than the % of Horde who raid, because a 1:2 ratio H:A really seems unlikely.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
It doesn't only take into account the characters who raid, but also any who are in a guild that has killed something in current content.
Plus, this other website, wow.realmpop.com also indicates a 2 : 1 ratio, and it lists all characters who've posted on the AH, along with the roster of the guild they were in, the data being refreshed every two weeks. So to not be listed, one would have to never have posted on the Auction House and to never have been in a guild that had someone post on the Auction House. This should cover the vast majority of the playerbase.

So both factions have roughly the same percentage of raiders/people in a raiding guild.
Edited by Shahad on 12/2/2012 6:50 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]