Unable to bind Shift/Control/Command to Mouse

85 Human Death Knight
I have recently bought a Call of duty Black Ops II Gaming mouse for a few extra buttons... and im trying to use the key ON the mouse as my Shift,command,and control modifiers... It won register that they can be used as modifiers. Am i doing something wrong or is this a common issue? I can bind the buttons to single skill locations but i cannot for the life of me get them to be used as a modifer? Any ideas?...
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
1. Check to see if there is newer versions of drivers for your mouse.
2. If that fails, we have a terminal workaround that may help. Check out this link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/keyboard-and-mouse-troubleshooting-mac#7
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I took that mouse back and got a Razer Deathadder mouse and its up-to-date and i can get Tab and other buttons to bind to the mouse. Option 2 did not help at all still the same problem... Im sure i did it correctly because there was nothing said after i entered the text into terminal.

Anything else would be greatly appreciated!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I have a Death Adder as well. What specific keybind are you attempting to do and I'll try to see if I can bind them.

This isn't 100% supported function, as the OS identifies multi-button mice as a new keyboard and affects functionality. The terminal workaround is suppose to help with that but has been hit or miss.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Im trying to bind the Command button (mac) to button 4 of the mouse. So i can use the mouse button as a modifier. I even downloaded the legacy driver and it let me do it then... but going BACk to Synapse 2.0 i cannot do it. So im thinking its a driver malfunction. I have also downloaded Synapse again! and still the problem persists. My computer otself will not recognize command is bound to button 4. Because i also bound button 5 to Tab and that work but on a mac Command + Tab should switch between applications and it doesnt even do that. Im honestly about to give up on this.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I don't think you can bind the command button, just control, shift and alt (option). You may be able to use the option to swap command/control.

I'll play around with this and see what I can find out.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I have also tried shift alt and control with no luck with any of them... I called Razer support and they have never heard of anything liek this happening. But seriously i think it has to do with Synapse 2.0 and that is missing something the legacy driver has that enables me to bind these keys to my mouse... i just dont understand and i really appreciate it :)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Exploring the 2.0 driver software, it does look like you can bind the key, but the function doesn't work :( I tested this in all apps.

1. On customize, select what mouse button you wish to configure.
    2. On button Assignment, click the Default icon and select keyboard function.
    3. Select the button you wish to assign to it.
    4. Press Ok to save the change.

I even added WoW as the linked game, but it doesn't seem to respond. I tested the changes in TextEdit, and this doesn't work as well. Maybe you will have better luck, but it looks like this is something Razer will need to address.

Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Well i appreciate you looking into this and im really really surprised that this is not a common issue since the update to Synapse 2.0 :-/
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Having the same issue, its fail, and it sucks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]