No Cinder Kitten?

90 Night Elf Warrior
11/27/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Nethaera
You just put a weird image in my head of what the birth of a cinder kitten looks like. FWOOM!

It involves a lot of coordination, fire extinguishers, and fire resistance to work with these fiery felines.

Fire resistance? No wonder this is taking so long... With the removal of resistances in 5.0.4, I wonder if we'll ever get someone qualified to deliver these!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
11/27/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Nethaera
Is it just me, or does it seem like the moment is waning to have the sales of these have an impact on Sandy relief?

As much as I'd like to think that everything will be resolved for people affected very quickly, I think that help will be necessary and ongoing for some time before people's lives are back to "normal".

Same shared concern, planned on buying 10 kittens. Might just get one and donate the rest directly at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Is it just me, or does it seem like the moment is waning to have the sales of these have an impact on Sandy relief?

As much as I'd like to think that everything will be resolved for people affected very quickly, I think that help will be necessary and ongoing for some time before people's lives are back to "normal".

I don't disagree. My only point is that in general, the American public has a somewhat short attention span, and the further Sandy fades from the national spotlight (and thus, the national consiousness), the less fundraising potential a charity benefit event could have.

P.S. Have you thought about entertaining a "Pre-Order" type of arrangement to allow folks to donate now, while they can still see the effects of Sandy (and before the next thing grabs the country's attention)?
Edited by Zhangu on 11/27/2012 1:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Neth you mentioned that they need to be weened from their mother. Does this imply that there is only one mother? If so, then damn that is a lot of babies to one mother (assuming at least 1 or 2 million).
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
They're right guys, the window of opportunity to turn this into both a PR event and a tax write off isn't going anywhere.
Reply Quote
Please remove all mention of "Aid for Hurricane Sandy victims" from the pet advertising, because at this point the victims have picked up their lives and are rapidly recovering their losses. Pick another cause to donate the money to, or at least change the advertising to reference that the proceeds will go to the Red Cross instead of "the victims".
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Blizzard should have just donated money on their own to help those of us impacted by Sandy.
They could have recouped the donations via our purchases.

Too late is too late.

[Although a free valor point cap for that week would have helped me tremendously on those long, cold, powerless nights]
Edited by Scathbais on 11/27/2012 1:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I hope they keep it up 'til next month, I can't afford one 'til then D: So adorable!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/27/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Zhangu

I don't disagree. My only point is that in general, the American public has a somewhat short attention span, and the further Sandy fades from the national spotlight (and thus, the national consiousness), the less fundraising potential a charity benefit event could have.

P.S. Have you thought about entertaining a "Pre-Order" type of arrangement to allow folks to donate now, while they can still see the effects of Sandy (and before the next thing grabs the country's attention)?

I understand your concern, but I think you underestimate the generosity of the community that we are a part of. :) The interest of the Azerothian public is still evident based on the queries I've seen of people wanting to know when they'll be able to adopt.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
He is absolutely right, it is obvious the impact has passed and the sales will be way less than if it was launched 2 weeks or so ago, it is funny that Blizzard won't admit that.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I suggested the preorder thing folks Zar heard it but idk where it went from there just patience at this point.

*Best Pandarian Accent*

Slow Down....
Edited by Mælstromedos on 11/27/2012 2:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Dang. I was really looking forward to the kittehs. My husband just got back from helping in Breezy Point, and I was going to surprise him with the cinder kitten :( /cry All my plotting has been ruined!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm predicting the same issue with lil KT when it went on sale to happen when this fuzzy fireball does come out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The Cenarion Hatchling, of which the proceeds went to Japan for the 3/11/11 quake/tsunami relief, went on sale roughly TWO MONTHS after the devastating earthquake/tsunami. (BTW, it's only been ONE month since Sandy.)
To this day, I don't think buying that bird was an effort made "too late" - and I don't remember people yelling at Blizzard saying the money is getting there too late, either. (Hell, I remember people applauding Blizzard for the charity.)

I'm actually thinking that our kitten fundraiser money will hit the disaster-stricken areas/people when they need it most - when the "I want to help RIGHT NAU" masses finish donating, and disaster relief efforts starts being a thing of the past (but still is a present-tense dire need for the victims).
If Fukushima (and every other prefecture that got completely washed away by the tsunami) is any indication, the Sandy victims are going to need help far longer than people's attention span lasts to rebuild their cities and lives - and having a friendly "they still need your help" reminder 2 months down the line might do more good than an extra effort right after the storm.

We were made aware of the fact that the fire-kitten will be for Sandy relief and that it is coming Soon(tm).
As long as we the players don't forget to buy the kittenz when they are finally out (amg cutest pet since Wind Rider Cub, I know I'm getting one), we will be doing those people good no matter when the money get to them, because those communities aren't going to finish rebuilding for months, even years.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
11/27/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Nethaera

I agree. Just because you don't hear much about Sandy and her aftermath in the news anymore doesn't mean everything is back to normal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]