No Cinder Kitten?

1 Human Paladin
Thankyou for telling us that it will be soon Nethaera, i too would like that kitten to hold and give cuddles and love too.

Ooh i wonder what their interactions will be.

You know they should actually make it so you can actually pet your companions and cuddle and hug them.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/27/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Nethaera
Is it just me, or does it seem like the moment is waning to have the sales of these have an impact on Sandy relief?

As much as I'd like to think that everything will be resolved for people affected very quickly, I think that help will be necessary and ongoing for some time before people's lives are back to "normal".

Speaking as a resident of Quakeville... I mean Christchurch, New Zealand, where we had all those quakes over the last two years, the donations coming in many months after the event(s) were still useful. I'd be very surprised if there's anything left over after the recovery is "complete".
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
11/27/2012 03:14 PMPosted by Binkenstein
the donations coming in many months after the event(s) were still useful.
Exactly.

In reality, the cry of 'Too late!' is just knuckle-headed, because . . .
11/27/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Rikapi
those communities aren't going to finish rebuilding for months, even years.

It's foolish to think that there's nothing left to help with now.
Reply Quote
51 Draenei Monk
Even if the cinder kitten wasn't going to have charity proceeds towards those affected (some, still affected) by Sandy, I would still get this pet on pay day. Happily.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
The Cenarion Hatchling, of which the proceeds went to Japan for the 3/11/11 quake/tsunami relief, went on sale roughly TWO MONTHS after the devastating earthquake/tsunami. (BTW, it's only been ONE month since Sandy.)
To this day, I don't think buying that bird was an effort made "too late" - and I don't remember people yelling at Blizzard saying the money is getting there too late, either. (Hell, I remember people applauding Blizzard for the charity.)
[snip]
As long as we the players don't forget to buy the kittenz when they are finally out (amg cutest pet since Wind Rider Cub, I know I'm getting one), we will be doing those people good no matter when the money get to them, because those communities aren't going to finish rebuilding for months, even years.
Absolutely true. This can go on for many years. Two years on, and Brisbane (Australia) still has some private individuals needing assistance after our worst floods in 100 years, 2 years ago. The NZ quakes around the same time, likewise. Also, the US east coast was the worst-hit, but not the only victim of Sandy (unpopular as it may seem to say, Cuba...). It's actually nice that some corporations/donators remember that the "immediate relief" is not the only relief people need after a natural disaster.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Blizzard is waiting until Hurricane Sandy's mess is all cleaned up :3
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I've been checking the store everyday... please hurry guys.
Reply Quote
Ooh I can't wait to get my little Cinder Kitten! I've fireproofed the house and bought him lots of toys. And I'm positive he'll get along with my Core Hound Pup!
Reply Quote
91 Pandaren Monk
11/27/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Nethaera
You just put a weird image in my head of what the birth of a cinder kitten looks like. FWOOM!

It involves a lot of coordination, fire extinguishers, and fire resistance to work with these fiery felines.

But.. I got rid of my fire resist gear at the end of BC! ;3;
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
11/27/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Nethaera
The Cinder Kitten will be available in the near future. They're still a little young yet to separate from their mother and make them available for adoption.

But, but, but ...

I know how to look after kittens. I already have have lots of cats, including the adorable white kitten that I adopted from Lil' Timmy in Stormwind.

I promise I'll take good care of the Cinder Kitten.

I really will ....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/27/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Eryzian
Yea, wasn't the Cinder Kitten purchases supposed to go to Hurricane Sandy victims? Where is this damn pet?

Trust me - entire towns were devastated. There's no shortage of people still affected.

Plus I believe it benefits the Red Cross? That's always a worthy charity for the next disaster.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I just hope the cinder kittens don't make that obnoxious "rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrawr" noises the in game cats do in game.

Don't want that adorable bundle to end up annoying
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Also, Cinder Puppy!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
11/27/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Arlisia
It takes at least 6 weeks for a kitten to be weened from their mama.

haha, thought that said mana....: /
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Can we cook with it?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
My Cinder Kitten is going to look sooooo good with pup...my corehound pup...just a shame we can only have one out at a time... I would love to run those two together
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
11/27/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Nethaera
The Cinder Kitten will be available in the near future. They're still a little young yet to separate from their mother and make them available for adoption.

Just so we are on the same page, i believe peoples biggest complaint is the fact there is 1. No Pre-Order type of situation to get money sent faster, and 2. the fact the pet was anounced about a month ago (almost) with "Coming Soon!" in the title, and still have no ETA.

tl;dr People feel cheated in some form or fashion

P.S. "soon", "not much longer", and "in the near future" are not ETA's and while can be comforting to some, dont answer anything.

<3
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I hate waiting
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]