No Cinder Kitten?

85 Undead Warlock
I see that the realms are rebooting this morning... I hope it's to release hordes of fiery kittens in the world!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Any word on the Swift Windsteed mount that was supposed to be available for 5.1?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Dont stress! When we get them they'll be cattin's not quite a kitten not quite a cat - Cattin.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/27/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Zhangu
Is it just me, or does it seem like the moment is waning to have the sales of these have an impact on Sandy relief?

Money donated to the red cross on the day of the storm, today, or 4 weeks from now will all go towards the same place: Red Cross. They don't wait or rely completely on donations; they have reserves that they begin using the moment an emergency occurs. Donations help refill their coffers so they can continue to provide relief efforts, rebuild homes and businesses in affected areas, and prepare them for the next emergency situation. Money donated now or in a year will still go towards helping people all around.
(My brother-in-law's parents are still living in an insurance-provided condo as their home in Island Heights was completely washed away. I assure you, they will be ecstatic to hear of continuing relief efforts!)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
I was wondering when this was going on sale.

Unrelated, some of us from work took the money we would use buying each other Christmas gifts and donated it to Sandy relief. There was a piece on the news about a group helping victimes called the GrayBeards, made up of fire fighters, police, doctors, etc.

Since all the money donated to them goes to Sandy victims, we preferred it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
... ima a kitten here waiting to buy my kitten but there not in the store and im buying one fore my mom as a x mas present ... i hope there here before christmas or ima cry
Reply Quote
55 Orc Warrior
11/27/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Nethaera
The Cinder Kitten will be available in the near future. They're still a little young yet to separate from their mother and make them available for adoption.

we need matching mounts....
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/01/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Bonesaw
The Cinder Kitten will be available in the near future. They're still a little young yet to separate from their mother and make them available for adoption.

True business.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
11/27/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Nethaera
I understand your concern, but I think you underestimate the generosity of the community that we are a part of. :) The interest of the Azerothian public is still evident based on the queries I've seen of people wanting to know when they'll be able to adopt.

I think this has more to do with the fact the pet looks cool and unique, more so than what you announced the $10 would be going toward. Remember the original announcement for this pet preceded Sandy by a good bit of time, and that it became a fantastic opportunity to raise some good PR for Blizzard (note: I'm not doubting the sincerity of Blizzard's want to donate to helping the victims of Sandy, no one can call into question Blizzard's charitable givings) was just bonus for Blizzard as a company.
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
. My only point is that in general, the American public has a somewhat short attention span, and the further Sandy fades from the national spotlight (and thus, the national consiousness), the less fundraising potential a charity benefit event could have.

If people wanted to DONATE to charity, they would have already done it, without the need to be offered something in return, other than a warm fuzzy feeling.

People will buy the pet, because they want the pet.
Not because they want to "donate".
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Money donated to the red cross on the day of the storm, today, or 4 weeks from now will all go towards the same place: Red Cross. They don't wait or rely completely on donations; they have reserves that they begin using the moment an emergency occurs. Donations help refill their coffers so they can continue to provide relief efforts, rebuild homes and businesses in affected areas, and prepare them for the next emergency situation. Money donated now or in a year will still go towards helping people all around.

This^. RC dipped into their kitty (ark ark ark!) to assist ppl as soon as it happened. The kitty (meowrrr) needs to be replenished so they can provide that sort of immediate response for any future disaster.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
11/27/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Astasia
Please remove all mention of "Aid for Hurricane Sandy victims" from the pet advertising, because at this point the victims have picked up their lives and are rapidly recovering their losses. Pick another cause to donate the money to, or at least change the advertising to reference that the proceeds will go to the Red Cross instead of "the victims".

You must have never been around a true disaster. It takes YEARS. Still know people from Katrina that are still picking up pieces.

(Inside joke to people who know me in real life- Cinder Kitties come from Firekats)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/01/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Bonesaw

Gives a new meaning to 'hot seat"
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/27/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Nethaera

But why?

The patch is up, why make us wait?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I really hope these will be available before X-mas.
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Hunter
To those saying it's too late for donations- its not
I live in Jersey, luckily my area was okay after sandy but I've seen so many pictures from as recent as yesterday of areas affected by sandy that still look decimated, almost desert like where the jersey shore once was- and only less than an hour from my house.

Whole houses are gone, things are ruined. People had to leave quite a few in cases with only the clothes on their backs.

How long did it take you to earn the money to buy your home? Imagine if your home was gone tomorrow and you never had flood insurance because you weren't in a flood area and that area hadn't been flooded in a century? How long would it take you to rebuild?

How long would it take you to start from the bottom up?

I think it would take years, not just months.
So Cinder kitten won't be too late.
I'm not saying people shouldn't donate/help in other ways, but hey it will give some people an incentive when they wouldn't have thought about it otherwise.
Edited by Amystica on 12/3/2012 8:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/27/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Nethaera
Is it just me, or does it seem like the moment is waning to have the sales of these have an impact on Sandy relief?

As much as I'd like to think that everything will be resolved for people affected very quickly, I think that help will be necessary and ongoing for some time before people's lives are back to "normal".

Sometimes I read these threads and feel like the Blues must have a mantra inside their head that goes like this.......
"No matter how much I want to hack their accounts and mess with their toons for being so annoying, imma just, nod, smile, and be as posative as I can. .....don't feed the trolls.......don't feed the trolls.........don't feed the trolls........."
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
11/27/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Zhangu

As a North Jersey Resident, it is not to late to donate to Sandy Relief efforts.

While things are mostly up and running in places like Manhatten (so, don't cancel your vacation!), there are some really hard hit areas on the Jersey Coast and Long Island (The Rockaways). Even in places that escaped the worst of it, there are a lot of people with garden level apartments who lost everything they owned.

~Alex
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]