Reliquary of Souls: Unsoloable

(Locked)

90 Orc Warrior
So I stroll into BT, killing everything, second wind healing me up as usual, and I come to reliquary of souls.
Should be easy to solo, just like everything else, right?
I get through the first phase ez mode, now its time for Essence of Desire.

She casts spirit shock every .75seconds it seems, and guess what? It confuses its target for 5 seconds! Also, applies a debuff which happens to increase healing taken by 100%.

So, you can't solo this boss because you are stuck in confusion.

And if you're a warrior you will be stuck in combat unable to die due to second wind being awesome, until you alt+f4 to reset the boss.
100 Tauren Paladin
So I stroll into BT, killing everything, second wind healing me up as usual, and I come to reliquary of souls.
Should be easy to solo, just like everything else, right?
I get through the first phase ez mode, now its time for Essence of Desire.

She casts spirit shock every .75seconds it seems, and guess what? It confuses its target for 5 seconds! Also, applies a debuff which happens to increase healing taken by 100%.

So, you can't solo this boss because you are stuck in confusion.

And if you're a warrior you will be stuck in combat unable to die due to second wind being awesome, until you alt+f4 to reset the boss.

seems like quite a few bosses that are claimed to be now soloable are not. unless you're a deathknight or a hunter.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You should use the suggestion feature in the in-game help menu to report this directly to the developers and request the removal or changing of confusion.
Same exact thing happened to me...the patch notes say everything before MoP raids will be doable...and I was two shot by the first mob I ran into in firelands. :P
90 Draenei Shaman
I still can't solo Razorgore :(
90 Undead Rogue
11/27/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Palmfist
Same exact thing happened to me...the patch notes say everything before MoP raids will be doable...and I was two shot by the first mob I ran into in firelands. :P

The patch notes were vague, and have been clarified a bit.

Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Some bosses that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone:
High Warlord Naj'entus in the Black Temple
Viscidus in the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
Razorgore the Untamed in Blackwing Lair
90 Tauren Druid
seems like quite a few bosses that are claimed to be now soloable are not. unless you're a deathknight or a hunter.

Or a druid, or pretty much anyone with enough burst.

However, given that they nerfed Naj'entus and his DPS requirement to solo was pretty darn low, it makes some sense that they'd want to bring EoD down a peg as well.
Edited by Ahanss on 11/27/2012 6:28 PM PST
I would suggest that either after getting spirit shocked once, or have a counting stack up to a max number (5?), that we get a temp buff called "Soul Scar" or something that would make us immune to the disorientation for a small amount of time.

There is challenge enough in making sure you don't dps yourself down with the boss = P
Edited by Caliga on 11/27/2012 9:44 PM PST
100 Orc Rogue
Was Naj'entus really that much more difficult to solo than Reliquary of Souls? Especially with the new, longer cooldowns on interrupts, it seems kind of ridiculous to call Naj'entus "impossible" and Reliquary not.

EDIT: Anything with chain lockdowns I figured would be a target. Vashj's Lashers can perma-fear, Gruul's council and the Death Coil with the cooldown shorter than the duration, these seem like the largest offenders that all appear overlooked
Edited by Javen on 11/27/2012 10:15 PM PST
90 Human Warlock
It's not easy, but I have solo'd RoS the past 2 weeks. (Just because I want to be a warlock with glaives, even if I can't wield them. I also got the MH glaive last week :D)

You basically need to be a DK, Hunter, or lock and put your pet down the stairs (out of LoS) and the boss will run up and down swapping between you and your pet to use her disorient on. It takes a while to kill it, even at 90, but it definitely is soloable.
Edited by Zcreed on 11/27/2012 11:40 PM PST
90 Draenei Paladin
The obvious solution to this is to nerf second wind.
100 Dwarf Death Knight
level 80 or 85's soloed something that people call unsoloable at 90.
90 Pandaren Rogue
Its very soloable, you are wrong.
100 Human Warrior
11/28/2012 12:56 AMPosted by Bambòóbiez

Would you care to explain how classes other than the aforementioned DK/Hunter/Warlock can do this? Because I'd love to know, trying to solo it on my monk and I'm not finding any reliable way to do it.
90 Human Paladin
11/28/2012 05:40 AMPosted by Mordstreich

Would you care to explain how classes other than the aforementioned DK/Hunter/Warlock can do this? Because I'd love to know, trying to solo it on my monk and I'm not finding any reliable way to do it.

Rogues can solo it, and he's posting from a Rogue, so what he means to say is, "My class has mechanics that allow me to solo it so clearly you're just BAD."
90 Draenei Shaman
I soloed him on my enhancement shaman a couple weeks ago. Spec for the level 90 talent that improves your pet, pop all cooldowns and pop your fire elemental and wolves. Profit. It was pretty easy actually. With the multiple targets you don't get chain stunned, and his health is so low he's dead within a minute. If I don't get him down after the fire elemental despawns, I just pop my earth elemental.

Be creative. I imagine on a warrior with second wind you just bring the pvp trinket. That way you can stay alive with second wind, pop the trinket every 1.5 minutes or whatever the cooldown is, break the stun, get a little dps in. Interrupt when you can. Seems like it'd work to me.

That being said, I'm sure he's impossible with some classes.
90 Pandaren Monk
Yes! Please fix Reliquary of Souls like you did the other old raid bosses. Still pretty much impossible to solo.
90 Goblin Death Knight
Hmmm, I tried the old pet in the corner trick like it used to work, EoD doesn't ping pong like before.. tried 3x to see if it was a fluke, but nope... She doesn't chase the pet now :\

Anyone else able to get RoS down since 5.1?
90 Pandaren Monk
Shield Spike?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]