Reliquary of Souls: Unsoloable

(Locked)

100 Night Elf Warrior
Shield Spike would not work because it requires you to block which you can't do with a spell or while confused. Some kind of passive "when I take damage you take damage" should work though as long as it doesn't out damage the healing from second wind.
1 Gnome Rogue
Would you care to explain how classes other than the aforementioned DK/Hunter/Warlock can do this?.

Paladins can do it by blowing all of their DPS cooldowns (with Holy Avenger). You don't even need more than LFR gear. Interrupt the first Spirit Shock and bubble/cancel out of the second. Blood Elves have it easier since they have an extra interrupt, but it's not really necessary. Even if you are hit with Spirit Shock in the end, your GotAK and SoV ticks will finish the job.
Edited by Stabbinjoo on 11/28/2012 10:37 AM PST
90 Troll Shaman
Was Naj'entus really that much more difficult to solo than Reliquary of Souls? Especially with the new, longer cooldowns on interrupts, it seems kind of ridiculous to call Naj'entus "impossible" and Reliquary not.

I solo'd Najentus in Cata on my ret paladin. Only did it once with like full buffs, but he should have been a complete joke at 90 even in just heroic dungeon gear. The DPS requirement was only 40k or so.
90 Tauren Warrior
11/28/2012 12:24 AMPosted by Barfus
The obvious solution to this is to nerf second wind.

Then that would mean that no warrior could do it.
100 Dwarf Death Knight
11/28/2012 05:47 AMPosted by Recht
Rogues can solo it, and he's posting from a Rogue, so what he means to say is, "My class has mechanics that allow me to solo it so clearly you're just BAD."

Do you want to keep expanding your list everytime someone proves you wrong about x class and y class?

You eventually realize that you're in the minority rather than the majority.
Edited by Postonforums on 11/28/2012 2:07 PM PST
90 Draenei Warrior
Funny - I just used DBTS and bursted her in that phase and Blood Bath pushed the phase.
90 Troll Shaman
11/28/2012 03:02 PMPosted by Schwert
Funny - I just used DBTS and bursted her in that phase and Blood Bath pushed the phase.

I think it's just gonna be a fight that you can do when you break a certain gearpoint depending on your class, which mostly depends on how much burst you have, and how long you can be unaffected by the disorient. Some classes may have to wait longer than others, and have to resort to more clever tactics.
Edited by Liax on 11/28/2012 3:10 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Mage
I'm confused by these comments. I thought that the purpose of these changes was to simply remove the silly raid-group requirement and fix bosses that were mechanically impossible to defeat with only one player. It sounds like these bosses are possible but difficult, which is perfect and hopefully "working as intended".
90 Human Warlock
Yeah I just stepped into BT and could not make it past Reliquary of Souls. Basically same as old I was spammed spirit shocked into death. Again dissapointed where Blizz promised bosses that were not solable before now are.
90 Human Rogue
i'm also at RoS but is it also true that you canonly enter 25 man alone? every tiem i step outside to reset to 10 it makes it 25 man again once i step inside
90 Orc Death Knight
Interrupt the first cast, disrupting shout the 2nd and maybe spec into mass spell reflect for a possible 3rd cast? If all 3 of those work on spirit shock then it should be doable with enough dps.
Edited by Woredy on 11/28/2012 3:49 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
The irony here is that pre 5.1 avatar made warriors immune to CC, correct?
Looks like this boss got harder in 5.1 for warriors
90 Human Monk
11/28/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Tyllis
It sounds like these bosses are possible but difficult, which is perfect and hopefully "working as intended".

It has nothing to do with difficulty. Soloing Reliquary is pretty binary, it's either possible or impossible for your class and spec.

I can do it as brewmaster because of my statue. I can't do it as windwalker. Priests can't do it at all.

Naj'entus was simply a dps check that required you to kill him before he'd shield and heal, still entirely possible for any spec before the 5.1 change, yet they made it easier to make sure it'd be easier for everyone. Why didn't they change Reliquary as well?

11/28/2012 03:48 PMPosted by Woredy
Interrupt the first cast, disrupting shout the 2nd and maybe spec into mass spell reflect for a possible 3rd cast?

The 4th cast would happen a second after the 3rd, so I don't think it'd work.
100 Dwarf Death Knight
also surprised how many people don't know what a pvp trinket or being human does for fights like this.

11/28/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Lolità
i'm also at RoS but is it also true that you canonly enter 25 man alone? every tiem i step outside to reset to 10 it makes it 25 man again once i step inside

I can't tell trolls from wrath babies anymore.
Edited by Postonforums on 11/28/2012 4:35 PM PST
90 Draenei Paladin
11/28/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Lolità

Let you in on a hint

BT doesn't have a 10 player, OR heroic setting, so it just defaults to the type of raid it is.

25 man

It's like saying "How come my raid goes to 40 man when i go in MC? .. because MC is .. SURPRISE a 40 man raid.
90 Draenei Death Knight
11/28/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Postonforums
also surprised how many people don't know what a pvp trinket or being human does for fights like this.

You mean to get out of one confusion only to be immediately Spirit Shocked again?
90 Human Paladin
Do you want to keep expanding your list everytime someone proves you wrong about x class and y class?

You eventually realize that you're in the minority rather than the majority.

I have no idea what you're babbling about. That's the first time I've ever said anything about soloing RoS. Thanks for playing, though.

It's easy for DKs, Hunters, Rogues, Enhancement Shamans, Brewmaster Monks and Ret Paladins. Most other classes and specs are screwed.
Edited by Recht on 11/28/2012 8:28 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
I, aswell, would like to see this more easily "soloed"
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is soloable for paladins as ret.
100 Dwarf Death Knight
It's easy for DKs, Hunters, Rogues, Enhancement Shamans, Brewmaster Monks and Ret Paladins. Most other classes and specs are screwed.

Upto over half the classes now, Warlocks can solo it as well, so 7/11, I have not tried on a mage, priest, druid or warrior, so I cant comment from those.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]