Reliquary of Souls: Unsoloable

(Locked)

100 Dwarf Warrior
You can solo the 2nd phase of RoS as a Fury Warrior but it will take a little effort.

Go in full DPS gear for this method (STR Food / Flask can help if you don't have 480+ iLvl):

Burn phase 1 like normal and then enter defensive stance during the phase transition. Max out your fury (120 Rage glyph helps!)

When the next phase starts, pop Die by the Sword.

Pop all DPS abilities: Recklessness, Skull Banner, Bloodbath, STR Potion.

Burn the boss while still in defensive stance. Pummel the first Spirit Shock cast. Disrupting Shout interrupt the second cast. (Haven't done this in awhile so I forget if you can pummel the third in time.)

And there in lies the DPS check: beat two (three?) spirit shock casts while in defensive stance.

Good luck!
Edited by Xpariah on 11/29/2012 2:12 AM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Kick first cast
arcane torrent next cast
bubble>cancelaura third cast
you've already did enough damage to kill a lvl 70 raid boss
100 Draenei Warrior
You can solo the 2nd phase of RoS as a Fury Warrior but it will take a little effort.

Go in full DPS gear for this method (STR Food / Flask can help if you don't have 480+ iLvl):

Burn phase 1 like normal and then enter defensive stance during the phase transition. Max out your fury (120 Rage glyph helps!)

When the next phase starts, pop Die by the Sword.

Pop all DPS abilities: Recklessness, Skull Banner, Bloodbath, STR Potion.

Burn the boss while still in defensive stance. Pummel the first Spirit Shock cast. Disrupting Shout interrupt the second cast. (Haven't done this in awhile so I forget if you can pummel the third in time.)

And there in lies the DPS check: beat two (three?) spirit shock casts while in defensive stance.

Good luck!

Out of curiosity, why Defensive Stance?

EDIT: Never mind, forgot about the damage reflect. >.>;

Also, would it better to use Dragon Roar or Shockwave instead of Bladestorm? I tried to use Bladestorm against Spirit Shock, but I think my timing was off, so I don't know if the "Immune to Loss of Control effects" works or not here.

My gear is still only so-so, so I think I'll have to wait a few weeks. ._.
Edited by Salessa on 11/29/2012 10:16 AM PST
100 Draenei Paladin
11/27/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Sanctifiêd
reliquary should be fixed, thats the true brick wall (even the first boss is killable solo, with enough burst dps)

Sorry but I first soloed BT on my DK at 80, and my paladin did @ 85 in blues. People need to quit being bad and actually learn how to solo it properly. Not every fight is gonna be take 1 keyboard, apply to forhead.
90 Undead Priest
you can solo it on dot classes by kiting the boss into the gauntlet and LoS'ing it around the pillar to interrupt spirit shock casts. you can only use 1 instant cast spell per LoS though and you need run speed increase as well or you'll get gibbed. It's retarded, few vids on youtube and such of shadow priests doing this.

still ridiculously hard to do, so all you priesty's reading this dont think you're just going to roll in there and gg it. also, dont even try it without angelic feather
90 Human Warlock
11/29/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Tierná
reliquary should be fixed, thats the true brick wall (even the first boss is killable solo, with enough burst dps)

Sorry but I first soloed BT on my DK at 80, and my paladin did @ 85 in blues. People need to quit being bad and actually learn how to solo it properly. Not every fight is gonna be take 1 keyboard, apply to forhead.

I love idiots who come on to these forums and call people bad and name two classes because of their mechanics makes RoS solable. Guess what some classes do not have an interrupt for spirit shock or can say bubble thru the shocks to kill the boss. Stop being such a idiot and acting like you are good when its the class you are playing moron.
100 Dwarf Death Knight
I love idiots who come on to these forums and call people bad and name two classes because of their mechanics makes RoS solable. Guess what some classes do not have an interrupt for spirit shock or can say bubble thru the shocks to kill the boss. Stop being such a idiot and acting like you are good when its the class you are playing moron.

We named 7 at one point, with some options for the other 4, but they have nerfed it to be soloable by anyone.
90 Human Warlock
12/04/2012 12:18 AMPosted by Postonforums

We named 7 at one point, with some options for the other 4, but they have nerfed it to be soloable by anyone.

Again I hate people who reply in forums because their class can solo it because of mechanics of that class/spec and if others can't they are fail. Kills me how people think they are superior players when they play a class that is always strong as a solable class while others are not.
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Again I hate people who reply in forums because their class can solo it because of mechanics of that class/spec and if others can't they are fail. Kills me how people think they are superior players when they play a class that is always strong as a solable class while others are not.

You're missing the point and forcing yourself as a victim, stop being that guy, nobody likes that guy.
100 Human Paladin
Lol people solo-ed anything in BT other than Supremus (and possibly Gorefiend) at 80? You guys certainly put Raegwyn to shame...
90 Human Warlock
12/04/2012 12:24 AMPosted by Postonforums

You're missing the point and forcing yourself as a victim, stop being that guy, nobody likes that guy.

LOL!! You make no sense. No idea in how I'm forcing myself as a victim when again the class I want to bring into BT cannot get past RoS with no interrupt constantly getting spirit shocked. Stop speaking for everyone on what other people think they like or do not like.

I remember reading a blue post about some crap that they want to balance between "twink" people still raiding low content and 90's soloing old raids. If thats the case say for RoS then fine. Again people who post saying "LOOK AT ME I CAN SOLO IT ON MY RET PALLY OR BLOOD DK..YOU MUST SUCK" are complete tools. Just like when Blood DK's where soling Lich King and Yogg and basically no other class could do it. Yeah those DK's were just vastly superior than all other players.
Edited by Zagan on 12/4/2012 12:42 AM PST
100 Dwarf Death Knight
LOL!! You make no sense. No idea in how I'm forcing myself as a victim when again the class I want to bring into BT cannot get past RoS with no interrupt constantly getting spirit shocked. Stop speaking for everyone on what other people think they like or do not like.

You can now solo it
on any class, the casts are far enough apart you can deal damage as any class.
90 Human Warlock
12/04/2012 12:39 AMPosted by Postonforums

You can now solo it
on any class, the casts are far enough apart you can deal damage as any class.

No you can't why do you think I posted on this forum. I was spam spirit shocked. WoW!

The patch just came out 11/27 unless they hotfixed..anyways i dont care about if its soloable or not now again back to people who swear they are better because they can solo it with a class that has mechanics to solo it. Don't mean crap.
Edited by Zagan on 12/4/2012 12:45 AM PST
100 Dwarf Death Knight
12/04/2012 12:44 AMPosted by Zagan
i dont care about if its soloable or not now

so..

you're just arguing on forums to argue.................

K

Btw... Warlocks have been soloing it fine since 85.
Edited by Postonforums on 12/4/2012 12:47 AM PST
100 Human Paladin
No you can't why do you think I posted on this forum. I was spam spirit shocked. WoW!

Warlock (and most classes that have pets) already solo-ed RoS at lvl 85.

edit: damn that dk beat me to it... >.<
Edited by Emmey on 12/4/2012 12:54 AM PST
90 Human Warlock
12/04/2012 12:46 AMPosted by Postonforums
i dont care about if its soloable or not now

so..

you're just arguing on forums to argue.................

K

Btw... Warlocks have been soloing it fine since 85.

LIES...No vides or guides ever of lock soloing RoS. Actually your are because again its not even your quote I took about some person saying everyone is a noob because they are not a Ret Pally or some class that can solo RoS.

I dare you to link a video of 85 lock soloing. Only one I have ever seen is the LOS technique which is bullcrap again. Like one said the boss has basic mechanics if you can't get past them than you can't..its not skill. So gettin spam spirit shocked is not skill.
90 Draenei Mage
inb4 LoS bug to kill it.
100 Dwarf Death Knight
I like how "Warlock Solo ROS" brings up 5 youtube videos to the front.

12/04/2012 12:58 AMPosted by Zagan
LIES...No vides or guides ever of lock soloing RoS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMj5NfORiio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNEmWcJy744
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUmhEMksRD4
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=221235
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=220987

Only one I have ever seen is the LOS technique which is bullcrap

they still solo it, and I mean, It's a person doing a 25 man raid solo, so using strategy and techniques is normal (There were bosses completely created based on LoS, Firemaw and flamegore before they made his aoe ignore los), so LOS falls under creative control.

If you're unable to execute said strategy.... Then one could make the argument you're bad.

Like one said the boss has basic mechanics if you can't get past them than you can't..its not skill. So gettin spam spirit shocked is not skill.

People got past it, as your class, 5 levels and 200k health/30k DPS ago, and you're just choosing to ignore it because the person doesn't tank and spank it.

And this all ignores the fact that they hotfixed it, so you can just stand there and push drain life for 2 mins and win (I'd actually make a vid of how to push drain life over and over again if I wasn't too lazy to kill the first few bosses)
Edited by Postonforums on 12/4/2012 3:29 AM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
I've soloed BT before MOP up to Souls boss. The issue was that our interrupt (as bear/cat) had a long cooldown. As long as u interrupt and have good burst you should be good
90 Human Warlock
LIES...No vides or guides ever of lock soloing RoS.

Only one I have ever seen is the LOS technique which is bullcrap again.

You just said there are no videos of a warlock soloing RoS, but then said you have personally seen a video of one doing it... Just stop embarassing yourself. +1 to Postonforums for making him look like an idiot.

Also, I never solod BT at 85 (had no pay off for putting in a decent bit of work) but i have been doing it every week since i got 90 for glaives, on my lock. Locks have been able to solo this for a long time, just because YOU cant do it doesnt mean its impossible.

And since the recent hotfix, ANY class can solo it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]