[A] Cloth

33 Human Priest
I'm just here to cry. And maybe pout and whine a little. Why... why why why! Why do people on this server list everything (especially cloth) in stacks of ONE??? I've played on three other servers and never seen it to this extent. I want to buy wool but I have to flip through 40+ auctions of windwool - and as far as I know there is no way to filter that to just get regular wool!

Don't they know that people who are buying cloth almost never want one piece?
It SEEMS like the way to make the most profit would be to list 3-5 listings single for those rare people who want to buy one and then list the rest as stacks of 5, 10, or 20. I vote for 20!

I never complain about AH prices. Free market so whatever you can sell it for is the right price. But I just don't get this method of clogging the listings with stacks of 1.

Can anyone tell me WHY? Please? I might not cry every time I see it if I can at least comfort myself with a good reason.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
MVP
Well thats easy to answer..

You are a member of the Alliance and your feeble gnomes can not carry more than one at a time to the auctioneer.
Reply Quote
33 Human Priest
I feel much better now! Those poor little gnomes!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Pretty sure hitting the auction house's "rarity" filter will reverse the order for cloth stacks so you see the larger stacks first. I think, anyway.

As for why people list a whole bunch of cloth one at a time, I'd just file it under "greedy bastid".
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
You can also use an addon such as 'auctionator' to purchase those singles as stacks instead, makes it much quicker and easier to sort by lowest price.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
People list in 20/15/10/5 because it looks prettier, but they post in 1's if they don't have a 5 stack, so thats where most of it comes from
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]