Blizzard, Are You Serious? More Dailies?

90 Worgen Mage
Is this a joke? I just can't understand why you would ever do this. If there is one complaint I hear over any other, whether it is in-game or on this forum, it is the complaint of doing dailies. I can't for the life of me figure out why, after seeing this spam your forums day after day about how people cannot stand the daily rep grind(forced, I might add), the next thing you do in the very next patch is to release an entire new faction where you must do dailies over and over and over again.

It's like you are trying to to see what it takes to get people to quit playing WoW. Stop the dailies. It really isn't that difficult to comprehend. Figure out something else to do to progress this game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You will do the dailies and you will like it!
Reply Quote
89 Human Warrior
From what I've read (around the forum) the daily quests weren't the problem it was that people "felt" that they "had" to do the dailies in order to progress any way shape or form in the game (doing dailies only to have to get valor to get gear) All I can say is do the quests once and if you don't like them....dont do them?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Dailies are optional, don't you know? You can sit in your capital city and do absolutely nothing to progress your character, or you can do dailies! You've got all these choices man!
Reply Quote
Not that I'm defending them -- I get that there a numerous people who dislike doing so many dailies because things are gated through them -- but they announced this some time ago. You're a little late in your reaction time.
Reply Quote
61 Pandaren Mage
What did people do before dailies that they can't do now? Dailies are extra, not required.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Mèlissa
What did people do before dailies that they can't do now? Dailies are extra, not required.

I think the main problem is that there isn't really a happy medium at present. Yes, they've made it so that you can get rep faster on alts once you've got a character exalted, but the fact is, there are many people who prefer other methods -- such as dungeons.

I do wish, for their sakes, that there was a happy medium to be reached. Just because I am content as things are does not mean everyone is, and I try to be mindful of that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2012 08:20 PMPosted by Tianjan

I think the main problem is that there isn't really a happy medium at present. Yes, they've made it so that you can get rep faster on alts once you've got a character exalted, but the fact is, there are many people who prefer other methods -- such as dungeons.

I do wish, for their sakes, that there was a happy medium to be reached. Just because I am content as things are does not mean everyone is, and I try to be mindful of that.

Thats very true, no alternate methods. This has been done before, but thanks to them introducing easier methods in the past (we could buy rep with emblems in ICC for crying out loud) but because they made it easy once, we want it easy again. They created the alternatives in past expansions, and now they refuse to give them to us.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
11/29/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Mèlissa

Previously we could run heroics, get valor points, and then use those valor points to buy valor gear. We can no longer get dungeon currency gear just by doing dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

Thats very true, no alternate methods. This has been done before, but thanks to them introducing easier methods in the past (we could buy rep with emblems in ICC for crying out loud) but because they made it easy once, we want it easy again. They created the alternatives in past expansions, and now they refuse to give them to us.

The little marks I wouldn't mind that. I think though people are overplaying how bad this is.

EDIT: WHY AM I STILL POSTING ON MY MAGE
Edited by Valius on 11/29/2012 8:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I don't mind Dailies, as long as they are doable. That business today with that underground ruins place for Domination Point.

The number of mobs is so ridiculously high, it is sadistic, making it impossible to get anything done. Several of my Guildies, in chat today, vented about this, too, and they are guys that are veterans that are even better at this than me.

Whose idea was it to make mobs that seem to be 30 enemies for every player, in a small area? It is insanity.

... hopefully, tomorrow's won't be that bad. I don't mind it hard. But there's hard. And then, there's impossible.
Edited by Decleaver on 11/29/2012 8:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
61 Pandaren Mage
11/29/2012 08:27 PMPosted by Pandemagium

Previously we could run heroics, get valor points, and then use those valor points to buy valor gear. We can no longer get dungeon currency gear just by doing dungeons.

Valor points aren't dungeon currency, they are raid currency.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
11/29/2012 08:33 PMPosted by Mèlissa
Valor points aren't dungeon currency, they are raid currency.

I'm pretty sure I was able to acquire badges in BC and Wrath, as well as VP and JP in Wrath, Cata, and MoP from dungeons. Therefore they are a dungeon currency. Regardless, even if you want to call them a "raid currency" the point still remains you can't buy VP gear to progress your character without doing dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You can get the token to increase rep gains 100% at revered, I have bought them for Tillers, Cloud Serpent and Klaxxi so far. I'm sure this came out as it was in design long before the community reaction to the current daily fest. It is OVER the top with so many to do it's unreal. I have done a lot of them on my toon and none of my lock just to see if how it would go. My lock was ready to run raid finder before this toon but I'm sure that has everything to do with he's dps and heroic drops and that the toon I'm posting on is prot and the drops for that gear is markedly lower.

I don't really care for the dailies over all but it's not something that is game breaking for me. What my big gripe is about is that plate tanks supposed to use dps weapons now apparently and the one that is most accessible, or rather supposed to be doesn't ever drop. I'm STILL using a 414, the masterwork sword or mace are never on the AH on my server because of the mats used and motes being BoP I have to try to wait for anyone with blacksmithing prof to try and get enough motes to make any of those weapons, it's very very frustrating.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Warlock
You can spend your valor on upgrading your raid finder gear, instead of spending it on gated epics.

There is a choice to do dailies in the hopes of getting the vanity items, recipes and epics, or the choice to not do dailies and spend your valor improving what you already have.

It's a grind either way. Pick your preference.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Back to the subject of the new daily hub, is it like a pvp area? Keep seeing people talking about capping things, and it says killing opposing faction players on the beach gives you rewards.

If its pvp orientated, that sucks for me
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]