Blizzard, Are You Serious? More Dailies?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
what was i doing without tons of dailies? actually farming mats. running more dungeons(which i like better), leveling alts and not being discouraged by the daunting 4 month grind waiting for me for...nothing.

Dailies are supposed to be a suppliment to content, not THE content...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
You can spend your valor on upgrading your raid finder gear, instead of spending it on gated epics.

There is a choice to do dailies in the hopes of getting the vanity items, recipes and epics, or the choice to not do dailies and spend your valor improving what you already have.

It's a grind either way. Pick your preference.

Yes, upgrading a 476 to 484 is totally better than buying a 489 and later upgrading it to 497.

There is no reason for valor gear to be gated behind rep, and there is no reason for rep to only be available through dailies.
Reply Quote
61 Pandaren Mage
11/29/2012 08:36 PMPosted by Pandemagium
Valor points aren't dungeon currency, they are raid currency.

I'm pretty sure I was able to acquire badges in BC and Wrath, as well as VP and JP in Wrath, Cata, and MoP from dungeons. Therefore they are a dungeon currency. Regardless, even if you want to call them a "raid currency" the point still remains you can't buy VP gear to progress your character without doing dailies.

You got two emblems a day, until they were changed to VP and you were still limited to getting them from one heroic a day, each week. You couldn't cap out from running heroics only each week. Stop making it seem like you were getting VP gear each day.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wasn't The Burning Crusade the most loved Expansion?

We forget that there were about 20 over all factions to grind rep with?

Some of them didn't have dailies, but required you to grind specific dungeons, over and over again, remember needing to be revered to unlock the heroic versions of dungeons?

I'd assume because there was no other method back then, as the 2nd expansion in the history of online WoW, people accepted it more.

I'm trying to think of the MoP equivalent..... but with so many years past now its hard to look at anything and not compare to how it once was, whether good or bad.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey hey Blizzard. since You have taken most of the content away from this game and force us to do dailies, which we pay for. I would just like to say screw you.

This game is crap compared to previous expansions and is only getting worse. GoodLuck keeping a population.

You ever wonder why blizzard introduced cross realm phasing? Players are leaving GG.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Is this a joke? I just can't understand why you would ever do this. If there is one complaint I hear over any other, whether it is in-game or on this forum, it is the complaint of doing dailies. I can't for the life of me figure out why, after seeing this spam your forums day after day about how people cannot stand the daily rep grind(forced, I might add), the next thing you do in the very next patch is to release an entire new faction where you must do dailies over and over and over again.

It's like you are trying to to see what it takes to get people to quit playing WoW. Stop the dailies. It really isn't that difficult to comprehend. Figure out something else to do to progress this game.

Havent you heard?

Blizz lost 1million subs with cata, they gotta keep us playing longer in MOP now to avoid quitting. 110% know thats why they are doing this, to get people in a cycle of grinding then they mentally are attached to it..

I knew this the second I saw tabards only at exalted.
Sorry, I refuse to do them.

You can look at it that way... or...

the people quit because they had nothing to do... in a matter of a few months you could completely gear your main and all of your alts... same grind over and over and over.

They gave us something to do besides sit in queue's, we asked for this. Most of us are here and have been here for years, we don't want to run out of things to do.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I've grudgingly accepted that I must earn 90 charms a week to get all my extra rolls, and I prefer to do that in a new daily hub instead of the ones I'm already sick of.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Mmmm... Dailies = Fun.

Oh wait...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

Some of them didn't have dailies, but required you to grind specific dungeons, over and over again, remember needing to be revered to unlock the heroic versions of dungeons?

You didn't need rep for badge gear. And you could get your rep from farming dungeons all day if you wanted. You weren't limited to maybe 1k rep a day with a faction.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/29/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Mèlissa
What did people do before dailies that they can't do now? Dailies are extra, not required.

Once upon a time, there were multiple lockouts available for each raid each week. Since raiding was the most rewarding ingame activity, and since most guilds couldn't run both lockouts, servers had thriving PUG communities. One could log in at almost any (reasonably active) time, even on a pathetic backwater server like Garrosh, and get into a raid on any reasonably-geared character. Not LFR - an actual raid.

This was enhanced by the fact that gearing alts up through older raids was a viable form of character progression.

When Blizzard killed that, they substituted challenging 5m content that was about on par with old normal raids for difficulty and reward. I don't think this was a good change, but it was a decent enough arrangement to keep me interested. As I understand it, this was basically the same setup as BC, which also kept players mostly satisfied.

Now (since 4.3, actually), challenging 5mans are dead, and the void they once filled is now occupied by...dailies. Ugh.
Edited by Kaels on 11/29/2012 8:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Dailies are "content" on the cheap. The bad decisions by Blizz are snowballing. But the chances of anything being done to reverse that trend are as good as a snowball's chances in hell (D3).
Reply Quote
61 Pandaren Mage

You didn't need rep for badge gear. And you could get your rep from farming dungeons all day if you wanted. You weren't limited to maybe 1k rep a day with a faction.

You needed the rep just to unlock the heroics, otherwise you couldn't earn your badges for gear. Also after honored you HAD to run heroics to gain the rep. It also took a lot longer to get enough to buy gear, you'd be exalted with most factions before you started seriously buying gear.

Rose colored glasses and all that.
Edited by Mèlissa on 11/29/2012 8:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Normal quest lines = can be completed at anytime.
Dailies = can only be done once per day, and give rewards that you must do them continuosly do gain rewards.
= blizzard is using dailies to get a bigger profit?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
You can look at it that way... or...

the people quit because they had nothing to do... in a matter of a few months you could completely gear your main and all of your alts... same grind over and over and over.

They gave us something to do besides sit in queue's, we asked for this. Most of us are here and have been here for years, we don't want to run out of things to do.

Never ran out of things to do durning Cata. Not once did I say "oh man, I've won the game, time to unsub".

Now with dailies? I'm tired of them. I'm done doing them. When my subscription runs out tomorrow, I'm not renewing. The first time I've ever looked forward to my game time expiring in the last 6 years.
Reply Quote
61 Pandaren Mage
Normal quest lines = can be completed at anytime.
Dailies = can only be done once per day, and give rewards that you must do them continuosly do gain rewards.
= blizzard is using dailies to get a bigger profit?

Normal quest lines can be completed only ONCE.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Rogue
I love daily quests, I also love choices, win-win
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
11/29/2012 08:47 PMPosted by Mèlissa
You needed the rep just to unlock the heroics, otherwise you couldn't earn your badges for gear.

AND YOU COULD GET THAT REP IN WAYS OTHER THAN DOING DAILIES EVERY DAY.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Mèlissa
Normal quest lines can be completed only ONCE

MoP, the expansion of "oh you already killed that guy when you were 89? Go kill him again then please"
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
11/29/2012 08:50 PMPosted by Zarraza
I love daily quests, I also love choices, win-win

Too bad there aren't choices.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]